What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Well, that girl didn't go to your school and is not your daughter and not an object for you to control. So this girl doesn't look like a cheap whore like so many of the girls did on various episodes of 90210. So what? She looks more like Winona Ryder did in "Lucas" from 1986 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it or her. Many guys looked like Kurt Cobain in the early 90's and many girls looked like Alanis Morisette. They were kinda' scruffy, angry and sad. If you want to remember it all differently, go ahead. If you don't like what you are seeing on film and tv today, turn it off and go stream "Leave It To Beaver." But, skip season one when Wally had long bleached hair on top. I happened to enjoy this movie and enjoyed seeing those involved with the original still working almost 40 years on. I didn't think too much about the length of the boys' or girls' hair. But, I could have done with less product placement and was disappointed that Rick Moranis and Slimer never showed up.:confused: If I want to see hair on a man's body, I just watch "The Six Million Dollar Man." Lee liked his buttons undone.:D
1643926980142.png

I didn't remember ANYTHING differently, my man....but okay.

There is PLENTY wrong with a young girl looking that way....but I guess because you say it's just fantastic, we all have to agree, right?

MY daughter would NOT be leaving the house looking like that -- PERIOD. If you want to continue to debate these non-sequiturs, be my guest; I still hold to the opinion that this didn't look like a girl.

Sounds to me like you have some kind of issue here -- not me -- evidenced by your references to me not being able to "control" this girl in the film (THAT'S laughable; I merely COMMENTED about her looks as an OPINION) and girls of the 90s looking like "cheap whores." Whoaaaa, nelly.

I'd take a chick from the 90s over what we see today ANY day of the week.

I wasn't fully concentrating on the kids' hair -- I was merely referencing something that stood out to me in the film, and you started questioning my reasoning when you responded with "Well, you must not have lived through......" while giving me a laundry list of shows.

I also stated that I thought it was a fun ride once I saw the second half of it, and I agree with a few of your assertions, including the fact that Slimer didn't return. I did appreciate the effort put into this, and I enjoyed the guest appearances towards the end, which definitely tied up the film well (though I would have liked to have seen a longer conflict between the boys and ole flat-top).

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"MY daughter would NOT be leaving the house looking like that -- PERIOD." Glad you don't have control issues. I'm sure the "chicks" from the 90's thank you and are sorry they missed out.;)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
"MY daughter would NOT be leaving the house looking like that -- PERIOD." Glad you don't have control issues.
Oh I see....so you're one of those parents who would say "Sure....wear whatever you want....look however you want....doesn't matter if you're a boy, girl, mouse or housefly....in fact, pick your gender! What do we care?"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And because I would care, that's having a CONTROL issue to you, dude?

Jesus Christ on a Saltine Cracker....

This is what I'm talking about with regard to the way the world works today....

Just because I wouldn't let my own daughter leave the house looking like that doesn't mean I think I have control over some character in a FILM, as you asserted. Are you kidding me? You're not REALLY equating the two, are you?

I'm sure the "chicks" from the 90's thank you and are sorry they missed out.;)
Well at least I'm not the one calling them "cheap whores," chap. :rolleyes:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Actually, I’m tickled at this point. :p She has since grown her hair out and gone blond. If she cakes on the makeup, gets her nose done and get her breasts enlarged, she can look every bit as bad as Tori Spelling. Its crazy that it costs so much to look that cheap. If you really want to lose your mind over it, go watch some old “Family” reruns with Kristy McNichol or any Jodie Foster movie from the 70’s. We called them “Tomboys.” There’s more to history than your favorite part of the 80’s and 90’s. Oh, and ask any “chick” from the 90’s. Brandon was a square. It was all about Dylan.:D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, this whole conversation about how this girl looked in the movie reminds me of my dad. He felt that men who wore earrings were "either pirates or f@gs."

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Wow, this whole conversation about how this girl looked in the movie reminds me of my dad. He felt that men who wore earrings were "either pirates or f@gs."
My dad made the same observation too. He was in the Navy in the 1940s and was usually right which used to piss me off.
I guess it depends on how old your dad was when he made that observation. ;)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) so... Arrrr!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My dad made the same observation too. He was in the Navy in the 1940s and was usually right which used to piss me off.
I guess it depends on how old your dad was when he made that observation. ;)
My dad was born in the 40's and made this proclamation to me in the early-mid 90's.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
That's not the same thing as what we were talking about.

At any rate, after speaking with Sith in private and seeing what's going on in another thread he made me aware of in here, it is no longer a mystery why certain people are saying the things they are about this topic. It's crystal clear now.

As such, I'm not even engaging in that any longer -- my viewpoints and opinions couldn't be further from the popular stance here.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Anyway, last night it was the following...

From SEASON 1, DISC 5 of

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
That's not the same thing as what we were talking about.

At any rate, after speaking with Sith in private and seeing what's going on in another thread he made me aware of in here, it is no longer a mystery why certain people are saying the things they are about this topic. It's crystal clear now.

As such, I'm not even engaging in that any longer -- my viewpoints and opinions couldn't be further from the popular stance here.
I don't see how it's not in the same vein. My dad thought men and boys were supposed to look/dress a certain way, you think women and girls are supposed to look/dress a certain way. Seems pretty similar to me.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I don't see how it's not in the same vein. My dad thought men and boys were supposed to look/dress a certain way, you think women and girls are supposed to look/dress a certain way. Seems pretty similar to me.
What I was referring to is the way they were called "fags" or the other derogatory moniker you mentioned were put on them...

That's not what I am calling for, at all -- I just think it's downright weird when I can't tell a girl from a boy today, literally, and it's being encouraged at home.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis