Vinyl/Turntable section?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Come on all of you with an eye for art, what do you think?
View attachment 43667

This was taken just now on my couch with my smart phone with a magnifier app. Just from my hand... It's a pic of the record grooves. Pretty good, eh?
I'm not sure which part plays music, is it the black or grey part? I tilted the record to reflect light directly into the camera's eye, so shiny parts might be the ridges between two grooves... I don't know.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Doesn't even have to be vinal. How about Analog then we could include tape decks. I'm hearing rumors that a couple of companies are thinking about starting to make cassette decks again. Of course, I got that on the internet so who know. I bet they could sell some though. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Doesn't even have to be vinal. How about Analog then we could include tape decks. I'm hearing rumors that a couple of companies are thinking about starting to make cassette decks again. Of course, I got that on the internet so who know. I bet they could sell some though. :)
I think what is really required is a vintage/historic section. There is so much we can learn from the past, that we should NOT forget.

We badly need a section for members to show and highlight what they have preserved/restored from the past. Not having a section for that is a serious oversight.
In addition it would be of benefit, as we would likely get restorers join. We not infrequently get members who joint to find where they can get a vintage item restored and we are of limited help.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I had created a vinyl news under the General Audio tab nearly 7 years ago. Post in there as thats what intended purpose is.

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
FYI, I heard from Gene that his web support person disappeared so he is unable to make design changes to the web site or forums until he hires someone new. Would have to ask one of the admins if they can create new forum sections but it may not be possible currently if it requires server access.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
FYI, I heard from Gene that his web support person disappeared so he is unable to make design changes to the web site or forums until he hires someone new. Would have to ask one of the admins if they can create new forum sections but it may not be possible currently if it requires server access.
Gene don't have server access to his site? Adding a new forum is a core function that should be very easy to do.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Gene don't have server access to his site? Adding a new forum is a core function that should be very easy to do.
I don't know how knowledgeable Gene is regarding web servers but typically site owners let developers handle the back end and the owner has access to content creation and editing tools. I suspect that the forum software would have an admin function that allows the creation of sections but I wasn't going to press him on who has access and control.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I had created a vinyl news under the General Audio tab nearly 7 years ago. Pist in there as thats what intended purpose is.
Thanks, I will start posting there.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Why get frustrated setting up an expensive vinyl system only to find out it sounds terrible? Keep it simple with this!

new record player.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis