Perlisten S7t Tower Speaker Review

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My take on speakers!

To me dynamic range by itself has zero value, some of the best speakers I ever came across (Duntech PCL-15) are very limited in dynamic range but are extremely capable of creating a magic illusion..
Don't forget, any speaker that you describe as being capable of a 'magic illusion' is very much room / position dependent !

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My take on speakers!

To me dynamic range by itself has zero value, some of the best speakers I ever came across (Duntech PCL-15) are very limited in dynamic range but are extremely capable of creating a magic illusion.... some of the best speakers with regards to macrodynamics as fas as I know is the Avantgard horn speakers; I listened to some of them and they all sounded like complete crap to me... Male voices sounded like Tom Waits singing in a megafon, which is not OK, unless you only listen to that one song where Tom Waits actually sings into a megafon, this makes for very limited choice of music.

The best speakers from dynamic perspective is probably Magico Ultimate, but as fas as I have heard first hand from people listening to them, they can only play Japanese music, and I don´t listen to Japanese music.

What matters to me is the speakers capability to create a magical illusion of being there. I have never seen or heard anyone suggesting any way of how to measure a speakers magic... How do you measure a speaker´s magic?

I suggest that for this to work it all has to come together... Phase coherence, frequency response, power resonse, microdynamics, macrodynamics, power compression, distortion, directivity control and tons of other things. I suggest there is no way you can have all of this because there is no speaker that is best at all these things.... so I reckon it at the end all comes down to personal preference.

I would never buy speaker based on a review or one person´s opinion, I trust only .... my ears at the end ;)

Maybe I would like the s7t, maybe not, but tons of measurements at the end of the day are only measurements.....
I definitely do not believe that speakers have magic. If you do a blind test of speakers against each other, acoustic measurements are going to offer a complete description of the sound experience. Without the blinded condition, the power of suggestion is going to govern the sound experience.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm very impressed with these speakers. The build quality is top notch and I havent seen a speaker that has such a nice frequency response and keeps it as you move off axis. If money were no object, I would purchase a pair. I didnt see a link to their website in the review but I could have easily missed it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I definitely do not believe that speakers have magic. If you do a blind test of speakers against each other, acoustic measurements are going to offer a complete description of the sound experience. Without the blinded condition, the power of suggestion is going to govern the sound experience.
Clarification: I don't suggest that speakers have magic, but an extremely well performin audio system can create that magical experience :)

without this capability, an audio system makes no sense to me! i guess we do have different takes on what is a musical experience. Impressive means nothing, the experience is everything

Last edited:
B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
I just ordered these speakers. Can't wait. This is an impressive speaker with good dynamics and textbook directivity.

Last edited:
G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I just ordered these speakers. Can't wait. This is an impressive speaker with good dynamics and textbook directivity.
Congratulations. I know you will be impressed. I never tire of listening to mine. After awhile a smug appreciation builds inside you that can’t be taken away.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
IMHO I think most important is not to be impressed, but to get relly great musical experiences... impressed is certinly not what I am looking for :p

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Congratulations. I know you will be impressed. I never tire of listening to mine. After awhile a smug appreciation builds inside you that can’t be taken away.
Tell me a bit about your setup

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Sorry I was confused with the AVS signature line. I have a Trinnov Altitude 16 driving a 7.2.4 system with Perlisten s7ts and s7c being driven by March audio hypex ncore1200 monoblocks (3) and 6 Perlisten s4s for surrounds and front heights with revel M8sp2 for back heights Being driven by Nord multi8 hypex ncore252. sources are Apple TV 4K, roku ultra and oppo 203 and for music roon nucleus. Subs are SVS PB16 Ultra and PC 4000. LG C9 2019 77inch monitor

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry I was confused with the AVS signature line. I have a Trinnov Altitude 16 driving a 7.2.4 system with Perlisten s7ts and s7c being driven by March audio hypex ncore1200 monoblocks (3) and 6 Perlisten s4s for surrounds and front heights with revel M8sp2 for back heights Being driven by Nord multi8 hypex ncore252. sources are Apple TV 4K, roku ultra and oppo 203 and for music roon nucleus. Subs are SVS PB16 Ultra and PC 4000. LG C9 2019 77inch monitor
Man that is a sweeeet setup one of these days hopefully you'll link some pics love to see how you got that all setup

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Man that is a sweeeet setup one of these days hopefully you'll link some pics love to see how you got that all setup

Welll thank you. Currently I have a seemingly inexhaustible supply of toddler grandkids. So I have surrounds and center mounted up out of harms way. Very large family room 5500 cu ft opening up to kitchen behind with 20 ft high ceilings. Not ideal but it is full of family, sound, movies and smiles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
IMHO I think most important is not to be impressed, but to get relly great musical experiences... impressed is certinly not what I am looking for :p
Would a really great musical experience impress you? Words encode and decode differently depending on who is encoding them and who is decoding them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis