John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I can't put that one on the refs tho. You get it to the 40 you have 3 tries 4 a hail Mary. Your option is to run your quarterback to the middle of the field and leave your team just enough time for one hail mary?

2 to 3 tries versus 1 try if you don't run the clock out which they did

Man I just don't understand that the Xowboys really didn't deserve to win anyway. They sucked tonight
Oh, I agree - they did not deserve to win and if they had played to their capabilities (something that was inconsistent all season) it would not have come down to a final do-or-die play. I just hate seeing a game end (any game with any team) because the ref could not get to the ball to touch it in time… But hey - there’s always next year! Something I’ve been saying since the ‘95 season…

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, I agree - they did not deserve to win and if they had played to their capabilities (something that was inconsistent all season) it would not have come down to a final do-or-die play. I just hate seeing a game end (any game with any team) because the ref could not get to the ball to touch it in time… But hey - there’s always next year! Something I’ve been saying since the ‘95 season…
Yeah totally see your point they broke our hearts again man

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Cheifs are doing great on defense cmon offense get in gear

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Good to see KC offense playing more to their potential. When they get rolling it's hard to stop. Sensational back flip by Hill.:cool:

Also, don't think Aikman has ever really gotten enough credit as a HOFer. I think it was because he had all this horse power surrounding him, but I still think you have to make the engine run. Cripes, Favre gets more credit with one.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It'll be a high flying one next week. I'd say Bills, but the intangibles to Mahomes.
Look I love my Cheifs and they finally woke up and started to play but if I was betting I'd put my money on the Bills for 4 reasons

1 the Cheifs have been too inconsistent
2 there defense has just not been able to not get torched this year against elite quarterbacks and offenses
3 the Bills already beat our ass once this year I think they do it again
4 I think Mahomes and Reid have done a decent job at adjusting to how defenses has switched over this year. But I think they need one more year to really get it right. I think when it gets too tight Mahomes still sometimes goes into gunslinger mode although he's gotten better

I think they'll go deeper but I don't think they make it back to the big dance this year I just don't have a good feeling about it

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
One of the rare times that I've been for Dallas...
I'm 1-3 on the weekend...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Look I love my Cheifs and they finally woke up and started to play but if I was betting I'd put my money on the Bills for 4 reasons

1 the Cheifs have been too inconsistent
2 there defense has just not been able to not get torched this year against elite quarterbacks and offenses
3 the Bills already beat our ass once this year I think they do it again
4 I think Mahomes and Reid have done a decent job at adjusting to how defenses has switched over this year. But I think they need one more year to really get it right. I think when it gets too tight Mahomes still sometimes goes into gunslinger mode although he's gotten better

I think they'll go deeper but I don't think they make it back to the big dance this year I just don't have a good feeling about it
Looks like Chiefs are a 2.5 spread. I'd favor the Bills too.
I'd like to see Mahomes step up in the pocket more, though that's easy to say with the height of Brady or Allen.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
gotta disagree, no way the refs fault, completely on Dak. He should have IMEDIATELY given the ball to the ref when tackled so as to be able to spike.

So glad to see the Cowgirls loose ! anybody catch their loser fans throwing water bottles at the [players as they left the field ? Texas dirtbags !!

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
gotta disagree, no way the refs fault, completely on Dak. He should have IMEDIATELY given the ball to the ref when tackled so as to be able to spike.

So glad to see the Cowgirls loose ! anybody catch their loser fans throwing water bottles at the [players as they left the field ? Texas dirtbags !!
Just haven't been the same since JJ left. McCarthy would have not been my first choice. With him I feel like the trend will continue.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Just haven't been the same since JJ left. McCarthy would have not been my first choice. With him I feel like the trend will continue.
Dude, you may be from Texas and I can respect that if your'e a Cowboys fan, it's the 'band wagon' jumpers that aren't even from Texas that nauseate me, LOL !

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

Just to clarify, I did not say it was the ref's fault, just frustrated in the way it ended. As I stated, it should not have come to that point to begin with.

Another clarification: the fans were not throwing trash/bottles at the Niners, but at the refs. We're not Philly...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Just to clarify, I did not say it was the ref's fault, just frustrated in the way it ended. As I stated, it should not have come to that point to begin with.
Ok, Scott Norwood should not have been 'wide right' either ! ;)

Another clarification: the fans were not throwing trash/bottles at the Niners, but at the refs. We're not Philly...
John, you need to watch the replay again, Dallas player had to lift his helmet to stave off a water bottle. As for the fans in question, scum in every city !!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

As a former Washington football fan (WTF?!), I still hold on to some older leanings – that includes hating Dallas. I loved seeing them loose, at home, to San Francisco yesterday, in the first round. And I loved seeing the CBS camera coverage of Dallas fans during the 4th quarter.

Did anyone else notice the strong sunlight coming in through the windows late in the 2nd quarter? It shone directly in the faces of the San Francisco defenders, as well as the Dallas pass receivers, and the referees. The windows, facing west, were directly behind one end zone. I'm not certain, but I think they were the only windows in the covered stadium.

One of the CBS commentators (Boomer Esiason?) said, at half-time, he couldn't understand why someone would pay a billion dollars for a covered stadium and orient it east-west, allowing bright sunlight to get into the eyes of the players.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Speaking of fans at these playoff games… I gotta salute the Buffalo fans. They rocked the house Saturday night while the Bills beat their hated rivals the NE Pats.

I've always admired how the long suffering Buffalo fans soldiered on through four straight super bowl losses in the early 1990s, and later through all those lean years as New England and Tom Brady dominated their division. I also admired their coach during the early 1990s, Marv Levy, who could rally his team after loosing those super bowls, and bring them back again the next year.

Saturday night, those fans got rewarded for all those tough years. And they did all that while sitting outdoors on a windy 5° night, in an unheated stadium.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Richard, while Saturdays victory was sweet there will be no reward until a Super Bowl is won !

For me, I still hold onto the Bills AFL Championships of '64 & '65 !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis