panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
@Mr._Clark
I am trying really, really hard to stay off politics. In the area of disinformation politics seems to lead the way and because there seems to be no penalty for just making things up, they continue to do so. The plague would seem to be a great place to stay on the truth of things since people's lives can hang in the balance. We've seen the sea of sludge that's being slung around. Can you imagine what our next election cycle will be like? No more politics for me thank you. I'm going to listen to some music and cleanse my brain.
Good advice. It just sucks that sooooooo many people around me just won't stop with it all. Every conversation leads to something political. I can't take it anymore. Music sounds much better.

That's why all my systems are getting recalibrated. Haven't done it since I made some changes so I'm having fun tweaking and messing with stuff again. Feels good.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@Mr._Clark
I am trying really, really hard to stay off politics. In the area of disinformation politics seems to lead the way and because there seems to be no penalty for just making things up, they continue to do so. The plague would seem to be a great place to stay on the truth of things since people's lives can hang in the balance. We've seen the sea of sludge that's being slung around. Can you imagine what our next election cycle will be like? No more politics for me thank you. I'm going to listen to some music and cleanse my brain.
The problem is all of the disinformation along with the present nightmare of over-filled hospitals is only coming from one end of the political spectrum. This pandemic has been made far worse than it had to be thanks to politicization, but that only came from one political party. To write this off as just "politics" is to almost suggest that "both sides do it" which is obviously not the case. There is no parity here.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The problem is all of the disinformation along with the present nightmare of over-filled hospitals is only coming from one end of the political spectrum. This pandemic has been made far worse than it had to be thanks to politicization, but that only came from one political party. To write this off as just "politics" is to almost suggest that "both sides do it" which is obviously not the case. There is no parity here.
In other countries where the political parties are pretty much on the same page, they borrow Trump and his henchmen to support this nonsense we are all too familiar with. Trump has had and enormous negative impact world wide. When history looks back on this momentous crisis the long term damage Trump will have caused to America's reputation and standing will be colossal. Of one thing I am certain, history will not be kind to Trump and is henchmen. He is a fool and does not know it.

He certainly can not emulate Churchill who famously said: - "History will be kind to me as I shall write it." And he did, and won the Nobel prize for literature.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Good advice. It just sucks that sooooooo many people around me just won't stop with it all. Every conversation leads to something political. I can't take it anymore. Music sounds much better.

That's why all my systems are getting recalibrated. Haven't done it since I made some changes so I'm having fun tweaking and messing with stuff again. Feels good.
I am on your team with this one.

We have spent more time at home these last few years then ever before. As far as I'm concerned the biggest positive from this ghastly crisis, has been that the arts, and especially the musical arts, have moved on line in a big way. I have enjoyed more live music and special innovative productions by numerous artists over these last two years than I ever could have managed I would.

I just feel really blessed that I have been able to enjoy such wonderful and eclectic offerings during this time, in this fabulous room.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay this is interesting I follow this guy on YouTube for Covid news he seems reasonable and on point not sure if he's 100% but he's always a good starting point

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The problem is all of the disinformation along with the present nightmare of over-filled hospitals is only coming from one end of the political spectrum.
I'm not so sure "all of the disinformation" is "only coming from one end of the political spectrum." As far as I can tell, a lot of the most prolific sources of disinformation are basically just snake oil salesmen who don't have a specific political agenda.

From the Center for Countering Digital Hate:

>>>While most anti-vaxxers are ambivalent about Donald Trump, an influential minority feel he shares their views on vaccines, Covid and online misinformation. As a result, they are voicing support for Trump and in one case are preparing to offer anti vaxxers financial support in the upcoming US elections, risking increased polarisation of the debate over a future Coronavirus vaccine.<<<

The person named the number one spreader of coronavirus misinformation has made a fortune peddling garbage:

>>>It’s a wonder a humble osteopath who stopped seeing patients in 2009 has millions of dollars to give, but it turns out that being one of the top sellers of supplements and wellness products is quite the booty. . . . In a 2017 affidavit, Joe Mercola revealed his net worth to be “in excess of $100 million.”

Earlier this year, the multimillionaire was selling supplements like quercetin and vitamin C to combat COVID-19.<<<

I'm not saying that the opposite ends of the political spectrum are equal with regards to disinformation, but there's more to it than just politics.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
While I agree that disinformation is more coming from the right side of the political spectrum. (It's left me shaking my head at some of there positions really stupid hill to die on). (Literally) But to say that political decisions that have caused issues with this pandemic is only from one side COMPLETELY is not accurate and a little disingenuous. Sorry not buying it.

I will say that this comment or idea that Shady has brought up could really pull the thread off topic into politics. So I have a thought a suggestion

So how about if people want to debate it we start a thread for it? Is one party solely to blame for the mishandling of the Pandemic? It would be juicy lots of good entertainment there I tell you!

Besides me and @Trell have been getting along too well lately we need to have one of our epic boxing matches on politics. 15 rounds and no low blows tho Trell no 3 knockdown rule standing 10 count only. For the heavy weight championship of the world! Whattya say buddy? :D ;)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Interesting that Australian government is doing this.

The Australian Government is developing a claims scheme to reimburse people who suffer a moderate to significant impact following an adverse reaction to an approved COVID-19 vaccine.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Hospitalizations are increasing rapidly in the U.S. right now. The number of new cases started to increase rapidly right around December 20, which is almost the same time as the recent very rapid increase in hospitalizations.

It's possible that omicron is less severe on average, but it appears to be driving a significant increase in hospitalizations.

1641490667703.png

1641491314835.png

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got notified a kid in my eldest's class has COVID. Yay. A whole two days back in school.

Middle kid told me kids in her class said their parents have COVID. WTF are they doing in school then?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

Thats funny I am too. Bought a tracking tool and recalibrated my cartridge tracking force. Bought some Elac Sensible Sound speaker cables at $99 per 2 pairs to replace my Cables 2 Go 10-year-old cables. (I know I know that cables don't have any effect on sound but these 14AWG cables are very nice and flexible). Finally moved my speakers out a little and toed them in just a tad and everything just sounds a little better now.

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Sweet dreams/my condolences/thoughts & prayers/etc/etc Karen... I am sure you are in a better place now, i.e., sitting on Jesus's lap. Amen

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Sweet dreams/my condolences/thoughts & prayers/etc/etc Beauvis & Butthead... I am sure you are in a better place now, i.e., sitting on Jesus's lap. Amen

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Sweet dreams/my condolences/thoughts & prayers/etc/etc Beauvis & Butthead... I am sure you are in a better place now, i.e., sitting on Jesus's lap. Amen
I'm not offended by this, but there's another thread in the Steam Vent for HCA winners that is probably a more appropriate place to post this.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Am_P

In the recent past we've endured provocative anti-vaxx posts from people who intended to disrupt this thread. Your recent posts are no less provocative.

There is a separate 'Lawyers, Guns, and Money, and the Herman Cain Award' thread for just these kind of posts. Move them to that thread.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Peter Hotez has a good reputation as a researcher in infectious diseases, but his effort at another Covid-19 vaccine hasn't gone far enough to evaluate it. So far, there has only been successful efforts to attract funds from charities and investors. Such a vaccine would have to be inexpensive to manufacture, require only refrigeration for storage, not freezers, and it would have to do well enough in large vaccine clinical trials, then it might be a game changer. As that article pointed out, there already is plenty of competition.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis