Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
One step at time, but again it's not all about environmental issues, it's about how awful the oil companies are in general. The less cars that use that garbage from those garbage companies the better. And it's not just the "companies" it's OPEC also.
As much as you may hate 'big oil' (to a certain degree I do as well) another point of interest will need to be played out......... infrastructure.

As less and less ICE vehicles inhabit the roads the revenue from fuel and the associated taxes derived to maintain roads and bridges will need to be addressed by the Fed and the States. Doing this without any Gov't boondoggle should be interesting !

Also to remember, current EV's weigh in most cases more than their ICE counterparts to which they compete and as such would account for more road/bridge repair.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
As much as you may hate 'big oil' (to a certain degree I do as well) another point of interest will need to be played out......... infrastructure.

As less and less ICE vehicles inhabit the roads the revenue from fuel and the associated taxes derived to maintain roads and bridges will need to be addressed by the Fed and the States. Doing this without any Gov't boondoggle should be interesting !

Also to remember, current EV's weigh in most cases more than their ICE counterparts to which they compete and as such would account for more road/bridge repair.
I'm sure they'll be some kind of tax on charging stations. It's true though that some kind of revenue has to pay for the roads.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

jinjuku

jinjuku

One step at time, but again it's not all about environmental issues, it's about how awful the oil companies are in general. The less cars that use that garbage from those garbage companies the better. And it's not just the "companies" it's OPEC also.

Could you have tried answering my question? I didn't ask about the future. I asked about the now.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Could you have tried answering my question? I didn't ask about the future. I asked about the now.
And I said one step at a time. Eventually the power being used to charge these vehicles will change to clean energy also. Let's start with the billions of cars being clean first. That was my answer.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
and to add even more 'Gov't confusion' ........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure they'll be some kind of tax on charging stations. It's true though that some kind of revenue has to pay for the roads.

yes, other sources of revenue need to be developed and to that the concerned tax payer needs to be aware of what our Gov't is up to !!

it's from several months back, regardless I'm sure all states are in various stages.......

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, I can see this is turning political so I will unsub. Everyone here a nice discussion, I'm not interested in talking politics here anymore.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, I can see this is turning political so I will unsub. Everyone here a nice discussion, I'm not interested in talking politics here anymore.

LOL, 'turning' ??? Something as major as EV conversion will for sure have political overtones, no if, and's or buts !

Now, keeping that discussion civil, well that's another matter ! :rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Youtube seems to know the threads I'm reading today....this just popped up....I find this guy really annoying to listen to, so don't know the results....

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
What's the current situation (pun not intended) with EV's and the actual source of the electricity to power them? How much of it comes currently from renewables vs fossil fuels?

I pretty much work from home so an ICE or EV doesn't make much of a difference to me.
My Tesla gets charged at home in my garage where the source of electricity fully known - mostly the solar panels on my roof. I have used a charging station on long distance trips out of state (exact source of electricity unknown). Commuters like myself are the largest percentage of cars on the road and they will be charging their cars at home if you consider avg commuting distances. Most guys who go out of their way to get a EV will also seriously consider solar panels, i hope. There is a certain kind of freedom you feel when you're not fully reliant on the grid.

I have not hit a gas station in 4 years now. 10 years in gasoline avoidance/savings will have paid for most of my car.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
One of the issues some cities are encountering is charging stations for apartments and condo's. In FLA Effective July 1, 2018, new legislation, section 718.113(8) means condo building owners must allow a unit owner to install at their assigned parking space and at the unit owners expense, a EV charge station at their parking space. And the electricity for the electric vehicle charging station must be separately metered and payable by the unit owner. No word yet on how apartments are handling this.

Herofmine

Herofmine

Audiophyte
My fun car is my 2018 BMW M240i. It's a sport coupe pretending to be a 4-seater. Not very comfy for my daughter to sit in the back seat.

I need a second car that I can haul the family comfortably and also move boxes regularly. I don't like trucks. I'm tired of driving a Minivan. So a crossover or SUV seems like the best bet.
X5M way to go:) I love mine! An oh B&O sound system is bliss!(Mine is F85 body)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
X5M way to go:) I love mine! An oh B&O sound system is bliss!(Mine is F85 body)
No doubt the 'M' is a blast to drive but Gene already has a 'M' so as to ease the strain on his wallet I'd go the M Sport route(I did, 2017 X5 M Sport) and go CPO, BMW's, like Chevys and Fords do depreciate !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, we got off track on the EV discussion. So to get back in that direction would the hybrid vehicle be the smart answer at this juncture ? Given that EV charging infrastructure still has a ways to go ?

I know of two friends that are planning that type of purchase this year

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis