Are These Finds Good Deals?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Ah, see that on the brochure page for a 1 watt output +0,-1 dB. I imagine it rolls off a bit, as does the new series as well according to what Crown told me when I inquired. I currently have three on sub duties.
An important factor which we sometimes ignore is the room gain. In a rather small listening space, room gain will help compensate for a slightly deficient sub or sub amp infrasonic response.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
An important factor which we sometimes ignore is the room gain. In a rather small listening space, room gain will help compensate for a slightly deficient sub or sub amp infrasonic response.
Nothing a little eq can't fix either....if needed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Was just checking out the XLS802 manual. It's rated 800 wpc into 2 ohm, 500 wpc into 4 ohm (Crown spec, 1kHz, .5% THD) and no bridge rating either....
Ah, where I got 800 wpc at 4 ohm was from the specs posted on 2 different sites that sold them online. They both also state 1600 watts bridged.

I'd say the actual manual is what's accurate tho, but odd that 2 different sites would get it wrong.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was just checking out the XLS802 manual. It's rated 800 wpc into 2 ohm, 500 wpc into 4 ohm (Crown spec, 1kHz, .5% THD) and no bridge rating either....
Argh, looking at the brochure sheet it does say 800wpc into 4 ohm.....the scanned manual I think got to my old eyes, reading the way they arranged the watts vs spec across the sheet looked like it was 2 ohm, but there is no 2 ohm rating....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ah, where I got 800 wpc was from the specs posted on 2 different sites that sold them online. They both also state 1600 watts bridged.

I'd say the actual manual is what's accurate tho, but odd that 2 different sites would get it wrong.
Take a look at the manual on hifiengine.com and see what I mean the way they arranged the info....but still don't see a bridge spec. Wonder if it's already internally bridged...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Take a look at the manual on hifiengine.com and see what I mean the way they arranged the info....but still don't see a bridge spec. Wonder if it's already internally bridged...
I just did, lol. I can understand the confusion. I found this too and it has an 8 ohm bridged figure of 1600 watts also.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is interesting and not a bad price at $1500 if one is shopping for something like this. 3 identical ML ESL Electrostats and a Meridian trinaural processor. So what does that do? Upmix stereo into a trinaural 3.0?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
A pair of Revel Performa F206 towers for $1650. I don't know enough about Revel to know if that's a good price or not. A couple of minor chips but they look in great shape.

00N0N_4NBKaEC1CAXz_0lM0CI_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Last but not least, a professional ghost hunter kit for only $1200!

00A0A_cbGkOT8cR23z_0hD06u_600x450.jpg

I'd say it fits right in the same post as these Synergistic Research "tranquility bases" for $1800..

00202_fIB9nd9CRHSz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
A pair of Revel Performa F206 towers for $1650. I don't know enough about Revel to know if that's a good price or not. A couple of minor chips but they look in great shape.

View attachment 52772
Performa3's are a beautiful speaker. F206 still listed on Crutchfield for $1925 EACH. $1650 seems reasonable for the pair. Little brother of the F208 that is listed for $2750 each and both reviewed well. A step up from these is the Performa3 Be with the beryllium tweeter.

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/revel-performa3-pre

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Performa3's are a beautiful speaker. 206 still listed on Crutchfield for $1925 EACH. $1650 seems reasonable for the pair. Little brother of the F208 that is listed for $2750 each and both reviewed well. A step up from these is the Performa3 Be with the beryllium tweeter.

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/revel-performa3-pre
I flipped through all the pics and aside from a couple of small nicks the finish looks gorgeous. I wouldn't have guessed they were a step above the Be's tho.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I flipped through all the pics and aside from a couple of small nicks the finish looks gorgeous. I wouldn't have guessed they were a step above the Be's tho.
No, a step up from the Performa3 is the Performa3 Be. The ones listed came out around 2012. The Be version I think was around 2017.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Found a couple of old timey floor standing mono tube radios for sale. Hundred bucks apiece. They look like old 30's or 40's era radio players but could be newer replica type things. I have no clue but someone here might know an interesting story behind them.

00O0O_5ffx2kKsm8oz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00n0n_56EUu205mR5z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These actually look like they might be legit good subs if a little overpriced at $2200/pr, but they retailed $5k apiece new. Knowing who the manufacturer is tho, it's no surprise that Monster Cable was selling something overpriced and the brand itself will turn a lot of folks off. $2200 is at least realistic tho for a pair of 1000 watt 15" subs with furniture grade finish. They're made to be stuck in a corner or either side of an entertainment center. They actually look pretty nice and I read that they use legit good, beefy drivers and are of solid build quality. They weigh 222 lbs apiece. @shadyJ would love them! :p

00N0N_k41PbOloXk2z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Or get 4 of them, a glass top and make the most awesome coffee table ever!

maxresdefault (6).jpg

They're actually part of a whole set of 5.1 speakers that include a pair of either 6' or 7' tall line array towers with optional 10" bass modules. "Their Eleganza M-Design" line. I think MSRP for everything was close to like $20k... I didn't know Monster were seriously developing loudspeakers, but not surprised they're way overpriced. What I'm seeing is that they're actually pretty good speakers tho.

download (6).jpeg
download (7).jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis