San Francisco, getting more stupid by the day ..........

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Cops I would say generally know not to open fire in a crowd. In my CCW training, they stress this as well as well as the fact that "You are not a LEO, you are a citizen." If you shoot someone other than your intended target, you go to jail. Even if you hit only your intended target, you will be arrested pending investigation.
"generally know" - great wording. Lets us all remember that police training in law enforcement is only 1/2 year.
Lawyers learn SEVEN years (after HS) to practice law. Police officers need only 6 months of training to enforce it.
Tanks, well, APCs carry more people and are a lot more secure than squad cars. People are shooting through doors, windows, walls, etc before officers even reach the building- how would you like to be protected.

Do you know why police started using AR-style rifles? They were outgunned in the North Hollywood bank robbery and the two robbers were covered from head to toe in body armor. They had been robbing up to two banks a day up to that point. Part of the video is on YouTube-

Why do people not blame the criminals? This is a cause & effect situation- if the police didn't need better protection, they wouldn't requisition it and the Federal government wouldn't necessarily want to give it out but IMO, it's better than leaving a billion dollars of military hardware in a hostile part of the world.

As far as chemical weapons, do you know anyone who carries Bear spray, Mace, pepper spray, or anything like that? Tear gas is an effective way to disperse a crowd or get someone outside of a building without shooting them but yeah, don't bother blaming the ones who are holed up after a crime spree.

If people were more peaceful, nobody would be talking about this stuff.
Let's agree to disagree. In such events, it would be more effective to let people trained in military tactics and equipment to deal with force escalation. My 60k residents, very low-crime sleeping suburbia police force has over 150 people on staff and a military hammer. We haven't had a serious crime in 30 years? maybe more.
The actual reason Police has "tanks" is due to this:

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You want the truth? They all suck
So they all suck means they both (nearly) the same? Is that what you imply?
In that case, let us agree to disagree again, one is a death cult and another is a half-hearted attempt at democracy and full of compromises. I'd take the latter every time. So, NO, they are not the same and one "sucks" MUCH MUCH more.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So they all suck means they both (nearly) the same? Is that what you imply?
In that case, let us agree to disagree again, one is a death cult and another is a half-hearted attempt at democracy and full of compromises. I'd take the latter every time. So, NO, they are not the same and one "sucks" MUCH MUCH more.
No, we agree, but both are still political machines that really have their own best interests ahead of those of the people in general. One seems to be a lot more reasonable and rational than the other though.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
"generally know" - great wording. Lets us all remember that police training in law enforcement is only 1/2 year.
Lawyers learn SEVEN years (after HS) to practice law. Police officers need only 6 months of training to enforce it.

Let's agree to disagree. In such events, it would be more effective to let people trained in military tactics and equipment to deal with force escalation. My 60k residents, very low-crime sleeping suburbia police force has over 150 people on staff and a military hammer. We haven't had a serious crime in 30 years? maybe more.
That 6 months of training is only the beginning. Then, they go on patrol with someone who continues the training in real situations, but the quality of that real time training is up to the department heads and in the case of Minneapolis, it shows- Derek Chauvin should have been tossed long before he was able to kill anyone.

Remember- Congress (many lawyers) CREATE the laws, then the rest make themselves necessary because everything is written in a way that it's all but incomprehensible to anyone who's not a lawyer.

One of the things the police need to do far better is making sure the officers are mentally healthy, especially after extremely traumatic events.

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah chemical weapons I got no problem with I carry around spray myself Lol it's a great way to deescelate a situation without it going out of control let's you get out of the conflict
I'm partial to a can of Raid and a butane lighter. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Winner comment right here when criminals escalated they're ability to be armed cops were forced to do the same

People do seems to have forgotten that

Still tanks tho :D
Maybe they bring the tanks to get a feel for how motivated the criminals are.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
So no shirt no shoes no service is meaningless? Good to know, think I'll go disgust some people one of these days just to test that with the appropriate shorts on :)
no shirt no shoes is nothing. I want to try it Porky Pig style and see how it works out.
1638846295033.jpeg

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
That 6 months of training is only the beginning. Then, they go on patrol with someone who continues the training in real situations, but the quality of that real time training is up to the department heads and in the case of Minneapolis, it shows- Derek Chauvin should have been tossed long before he was able to kill anyone.

Remember- Congress (many lawyers) CREATE the laws, then the rest make themselves necessary because everything is written in a way that it's all but incomprehensible to anyone who's not a lawyer.

One of the things the police need to do far better is making sure the officers are mentally healthy, especially after extremely traumatic events.
Training Day comes to mind lol. I agree, and yet comparing cops vs lawyers; why not continue to firefighters or teachers and so on, its a revolving door that doesn't end bc there is always another irrelevant example

jinjuku

jinjuku

SanFran is having more than one issue by one moron when it comes to law enforcement. It seems to be trending if you catch my drift.
I hate it when I'm correct:

In a letter signed by 600 Mathematicians and Scientists:

"However, we are deeply concerned about the unintended consequences of recent well-intentioned approaches to reform mathematics education, particularly the California Mathematics Framework (CMF). Such frameworks aim to reduce achievement gaps by limiting the availability of advanced mathematical courses to middle schoolers and beginning high schoolers. "

Great let's dumb everyone down until they are 'equal'.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hate it when I'm correct:

In a letter signed by 600 Mathematicians and Scientists:

"However, we are deeply concerned about the unintended consequences of recent well-intentioned approaches to reform mathematics education, particularly the California Mathematics Framework (CMF). Such frameworks aim to reduce achievement gaps by limiting the availability of advanced mathematical courses to middle schoolers and beginning high schoolers. "

Great let's dumb everyone down until they are 'equal'.
They're out of Sacramento :)

highfigh

highfigh

Many police officers are ex-military, although they may not have been MPs. My concern with them is their military experience- if it was insanely traumatic, they probably have problems that should disqualify them from being police officers but if there's an extreme event and they have shown that they can handle it, I don't want a bunch of fresh recruits and people without much more than classroom training to handle it.

Even when faced with APCs, the 'protesters' in 2020 bypassed squad cars used as roadblocks and drove on peoples' lawns in a very posh area but the police were told to observe and not engage unless it really got out of hand. These weren't tanks, though- not sure if MKE PD actually has any, but we do have several military reserve installations around the city that would.

It sucks that anyone would think the PD might even need something so extreme but it also sucks that people would burn & loot their own neighborhoods.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My uncle, who recently passed, was Navy for many years, then Sherriff, then Homeland Security. Another Uncle was a marine, then city police. Not all officers have simply 6 months of training.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My uncle, who recently passed, was Navy for many years, then Sherriff, then Homeland Security. Another Uncle was a marine, then city police. Not all officers have simply 6 months of training.
I honestly think you should have to have military experience in order to be a police officer or sheriff. Now, if some departments have MUCH longer training cycles, then that's great, but some kid coming in off the street and only getting 6 months of training is insane to me.

When my father in law went back to the sheriff's department after he retired from the DPS they told him they would "fast track" his training since he'd been through it before and also had so much experience. He told them "I need the full training since I haven't had to handle anything that wasn't road related (or on the border, another conversation) in decades".

He still didn't think their training was good enough, and he's just a security officer for the courthouse. He got a cushy gig, but he's old and earned it. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Training is only as good as the student :) That is why I said "generally" because we all know there's no such luck that everyone is going to do the right thing in a high stress situation.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Many police officers are ex-military, although they may not have been MPs.
Ex GF was an MP in the marines. When I broke up with her because she was insane I had to go into hiding. She literally breached the door of a buddy of mine looking for me.

She didn't believe him when he told her I wasn't there. At least the police were involved at that point and I was able to get a restraining order. I stopped looking over my shoulder about 2 years later.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis