P

Project SOG

Audioholic
I ran Audessy and happy with the results except for the dialogue out of the center speaker. It sounds super weak and resulted in -8.0db.

What am I doing wrong?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Sorry can you restate your last sentence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
Sorry can you restate your last sentence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My apologies for the typo.

I meant to say.... "It sounds super weak and resulted in -8.0db."

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
With your remote control:
1. Go to Setup
2. Click on Audio
3. Click on Center Level Adjust where you should be able to increase the Center Channel speaker level

Last edited:
P

Project SOG

Audioholic
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't if this would interfere with the corrections audessy had done, that's not the case?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is the speaker well positioned? Just a lower trim level for center alone without knowing the other speakers involved and the distances from your seat isn't all that meaningful on its own....what about the rest of the setup? Raising the center's level post-Audyssey is fine, more a matter of preference.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I ran Audessy and happy with the results except for the dialogue out of the center speaker. It sounds super weak and resulted in -8.0db.

What am I doing wrong?
Was the room quiet when you were running Audyssey? Try running it again regardless.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I often adjust volume levels of different speakers to get levels that sound right to me. Room correction is mainly for base and level delays. You can also adjust under setup-speakers-manual-levels from your onscreen menu.

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
I often adjust volume levels of different speakers to get levels that sound right to me. Room correction is mainly for base and level delays. You can also adjust under setup-speakers-manual-levels from your onscreen menu.
That's good to know. I thought adjusting the levels would interfere with the correction but it sounds like it doesn't.

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
Is the speaker well positioned? Just a lower trim level for center alone without knowing the other speakers involved and the distances from your seat isn't all that meaningful on its own....what about the rest of the setup? Raising the center's level post-Audyssey is fine, more a matter of preference.
That's good to know that a can raise three center level and that it won't interfere with the corrections made.

I believe the center just positioned well but it's also angled so I'm not sure if that interferes or not. Take a look at the below link so you can see it's position.

What are your thoughts on it?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nice clean room. Have you tried the fronts on the opposite side of the subs with a slight toe in? Or, is there a “keep ‘em away from the windows” issue?

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
Nice clean room. Have you tried the fronts on the opposite side of the subs with a slight toe in? Or, is there a “keep ‘em away from the windows” issue?
Thank you. I didn't attempt to put them on the outside because of the windows and also through the REW simulator it showed that it was best to place them 1/4 in from the length of the room.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
@Project SOG Just wondering if the Center Channel is positioned close to back wall of a sort. If the Center has a rear port, you will need plenty of air space in the rear. Some will increase the db level on the center channel by a couple db's. Try -5db on the center channel and go from there.

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
@Project SOG Just wondering if the Center Channel is positioned close to back wall of a sort. If the Center has a rear port, you will need plenty of air space in the rear. Some will increase the db level on the center channel by a couple db's. Try -5db on the center channel and go from there.
Thank you for the insight. It has a bass radiator at the top but I will run it again this weekend.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Try tilting the center up a little so it's pointing at your ear level. You can buy cheap rubber doorstop wedges at Home Depot for this. In the pic it looks as though the center is sitting flat on the console and pointing at your knee level or below ear height.

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
Try tilting the center up a little so it's pointing at your ear level. You can buy cheap rubber doorstop wedges at Home Depot for this. In the pic it looks as though the center is sitting flat on the console and pointing at your knee level or below ear height.
Thanks Jengahit! I made the adjustment. I'll run Audessey again tomorrow and hopefully I'll have different results.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks Jengahit! I made the adjustment. I'll run Audessey again tomorrow and hopefully I'll have different results.
Might help, could also be the table in front of the seats somewhat....where and how do you place the mic?

P

Project SOG

Audioholic
Might help, could also be the table in front of the seats somewhat....where and how do you place the mic?
I place it on the main listening position on the couch with the cardboard thing that it comes with but I bought a mic stand so I'll use that. Sometime was mentioning that if I treated the room with acoustic panels that it would sound completely different. What are your thoughts on that?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I place it on the main listening position on the couch with the cardboard thing that it comes with but I bought a mic stand so I'll use that. Sometime was mentioning that if I treated the room with acoustic panels that it would sound completely different. What are your thoughts on that?
The microphone was placed at ear height? You used all 8 positions in a fairly tight circle around your primary seat? Those cardboard stands I've not used, I used an old camera tripod at first but later got a mic boom stand myself, much easier and more consistent positioning of the mic especially compared to the cardboard thingie, altho if you figure out a good way to consistently place all 8 positions with it, it should work well enough.

Acoustic treatment could help, but I've not gone that route myself....the rooms all have other primary purposes and I think with sufficient furnishings for absorbtion/dispersion you can get good results. You really need a measurement mic and software to see what's going on, tho.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis