Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200

B

BespokeBaroque

Audiophyte
I've had the CX-A5200 and MX-A5200 combo for a couple months audio-only while I was building out my theater. Very happy with the sound quality, and had no gripes - until today, when I received my Optoma 6050 projector. I attempted to hook up my NVidia SHIELD to my CX-A5200 and display through the projector... and thus far haven't gotten it to work.

I can see the NVidia logo when the device boots up, but then no picture once it's done with booting. I can hear the "click" of menus when I use the controller, but no video.

I've connected the projector HDMI cable directly to the SHIELD, and got a picture. I also connected the SHIELD's HDMI cable to the projector and got a picture, so I don't think it's either cable.

I've tried HDMI 1 and 2 outputs on the CX-A5200, and neither has shown a picture. I have also tried connecting the SHIELD to several different AV-IN ports with no luck. I also swapped out my SHIELD for another one attached to my TV that I know works, and no joy there either.

Have I got a defective CX-A5200, or is there some hidden setting I haven't had to deal with being audio-only all this time?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've had the CX-A5200 and MX-A5200 combo for a couple months audio-only while I was building out my theater. Very happy with the sound quality, and had no gripes - until today, when I received my Optoma 6050 projector. I attempted to hook up my NVidia SHIELD to my CX-A5200 and display through the projector... and thus far haven't gotten it to work.

I can see the NVidia logo when the device boots up, but then no picture once it's done with booting. I can hear the "click" of menus when I use the controller, but no video.

I've connected the projector HDMI cable directly to the SHIELD, and got a picture. I also connected the SHIELD's HDMI cable to the projector and got a picture, so I don't think it's either cable.

I've tried HDMI 1 and 2 outputs on the CX-A5200, and neither has shown a picture. I have also tried connecting the SHIELD to several different AV-IN ports with no luck. I also swapped out my SHIELD for another one attached to my TV that I know works, and no joy there either.

Have I got a defective CX-A5200, or is there some hidden setting I haven't had to deal with being audio-only all this time?
You mean Epson 6050UB?

I use the Epson everyday with my CX-A5100 using a PC and they work perfectly 100% of the time.

Is the Yamaha video set for pass-thru?

M

Muad'dib

Enthusiast
You mean Epson 6050UB?

I use the Epson everyday with my CX-A5100 using a PC and they work perfectly 100% of the time.

And Mode1 in advanced setup menu..

or Maybe he needs to use Mode2 as his hdmi might not pass full bandwidth.

B

BespokeBaroque

Audiophyte
You mean Epson 6050UB?

It is. I spent hours fiddling with it and finally did a factory reset, and now it's working after thirty seconds. Thanks!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just got word from my Yamaha distributor that the CX-A5200 has been DISCONTINUED. And, of course, there is NOT a replacement for it yet. :eek:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Presumably, parts and shipping is a drag... then likely a refresh perhaps next year, especially if HDMI is fully solved.

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Just got word from my Yamaha distributor that the CX-A5200 has been DISCONTINUED. And, of course, there is NOT a replacement for it yet. :eek:
Is it alright to mix a prepro and multichannel poweramp from different brands or preferred to stick with the same brand?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys I have a problem maybe you could help me with

When I'm streaming music either on Roku or the Apple TV only my front RBH 1212NR sub plays the back sub the RBH 1212PR is silent no matter if it's Tidal Amazon music whatever

However when I run test tones both subs work and on movies both subs work fine

I own the Yamaha CX A5200 I figure maybe it's limited to the format the streamer provides I've got something set up wrong in the Yamaha or stresses or my amp is going bad on the RVH 1212PR any suggestions guys? Any help appreciated

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys I have a problem maybe you could help me with

When I'm streaming music either on Roku or the Apple TV only my front RBH 1212NR sub plays the back sub the RBH 1212PR is silent no matter if it's Tidal Amazon music whatever

However when I run test tones both subs work and on movies both subs work fine

I own the Yamaha CX A5200 I figure maybe it's limited to the format the streamer provides I've got something set up wrong in the Yamaha or stresses or my amp is going bad on the RVH 1212PR any suggestions guys? Any help appreciated
So the sub inputs are setup as mono and both sub inputs are enabled? (Not Stereo or front/back)

Other than settings, if you use a Y splitter and feed both subs on first sub input do they both play?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So the sub inputs are setup as mono and both sub inputs are enabled? (Not Stereo or front/back)

Other than settings, if you use a Y splitter and feed both subs on first sub input do they both play?
They are on seperate inputs front sub and rear sub how can I check to see if they are setup as mono? And not front rear or stereo?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
They are on seperate inputs front sub and rear sub how can I check to see if they are setup as mono? And not front rear or stereo?
I know on my RXA2060 they can be disabled in the manual speaker setup menu. I have the 2nd one disabled and after dusting and reconnecting inputs I had mine accidentally in sub2 which was disabled. I was literally freaking out. LOL. :)

Let me check in the menu. One min

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So on mine (RXA2060). Go to setup/speaker/manual setup/configuration/

subwoofer1. Use (enables it)

subwoofer2. Use (enables it)

(after both enabled)

go to layout/subwoofer

pick. Monaural x2

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
To be honest I only am running one sub currently in that room but I could hook up a 2nd one to see what happens with AppleTV on Monday.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My subs are set up as Front + Rear also. Will be interesting if Monaural x 2 works.

Funny thing about your case is that both your subs work for movies, but not for Amazon Tidal Music.

To make it easy to diagnose, I would unplug the 1212NR since you know it works.

Just focus on the 1212PR. Swap Sub Inputs.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My subs are set up as Front + Rear also. Will be interesting if Monaural x 2 works.

Funny thing is that both subs work for movies, but not for Amazon Tidal Music.

That's it both my sub works for movies not for music with Tidal and Amazon music. So I think it's just how they format the music.

Ohhh bro I was worried

But I'll try the monoraul × 2 just to see what happens

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Funny thing is that both subs work for movies, but not for Amazon Tidal Music.

I don't think I need to since I have mine setup the same way yours is and I have the same thing happening

But I'll try it anyway like I said maybe we will learn something

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis