Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200

P

poleepkwa

Audioholic Intern
I have a 5.1.4 system, but I still set it up for 7.1.

I don't think I've ever set it to 5.1. So I don't know about this.

If there was an option to set it up for 9.1, I would set it up for 9.1, even though my system is 5.1.
I do not understand what you are trying to say?
My question is as follows:
Yamaha: 5.1 setup - > no atmos
Yamaha: 7.1 setup - > Atmos
Denon: 5.1 setup - > Atmos
Denon: 7.1 setup - > Atmos

Is this a limitation setup by Yamaha as it wants at least a 7.1 or 5.1.2 system to enable Atmos?
I understood that Atmos will scale according to speakers, no matter how many you have?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Whuuut?????
I mean in Kodi, Plex, or Windows PC settings, not in the AVR or AVP settings.

For the AVP/AVR, definitely set it up for whatever you have - 5.1 for 5.1.

For Plex, Kodi, Windows, I always set it up for the max speakers available and let the AVR/AVP decode the bitstream. I don’t think it matters, but that’s what I do. The reason is because I don’t trust what Kodi, Plex, Windows do. So just give me everything they have in bitstream and my AVP/AVR will do the actual decoding.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do not understand what you are trying to say?
My question is as follows:
Yamaha: 5.1 setup - > no atmos
Yamaha: 7.1 setup - > Atmos
Denon: 5.1 setup - > Atmos
Denon: 7.1 setup - > Atmos

Is this a limitation setup by Yamaha as it wants at least a 7.1 or 5.1.2 system to enable Atmos?
I understood that Atmos will scale according to speakers, no matter how many you have?
Oh, I thought you meant the setup in Plex/Kodi. For the setup in AVP, I do have it set up for 5.1.4. I get Atmos/DTSX for both Kodi and Plex.

P

poleepkwa

Audioholic Intern
Yes, however I have only have a 5.1 system currently as I am building my new speakers. So I noticed that Netflix was not showing Atmos anymore like it used too when I had 7.1.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis