Somebody Hacked Audioholics Instagram Account

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Someone hacked our Instagram account and is holding it for ransom. They provided a whatsapp phone# to reach them to get it back. Working with IG to try to recover but this is frustrating and scary. How did they bypass our 2-step authorization?

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. That is horrible. My personal account got hacked. Got a DM from what looked like my sons account. I clicked it and got shut down. Thank goodness that was all.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The crazy thing is this person changed the name on the account to "pharabenfarway27k7" so IG can't even help us log in to the Audioholics account ATM.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Dam Gene! What the hell brother. Couple years ago somebody stole your AH website. Or copied it or something like that if I remember. No wonder you been MIA, you got some serious sh&t going on in your life right now. Anything law enforcement can do with helping you out? That's a cyber crime so I'm thinking FBI or Homeland security something I don't know.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Dam Gene! What the hell brother. Couple years ago somebody stole your AH website. Or copied it or something like that if I remember. No wonder you been MIA, you got some serious sh&t going on in your life right now. Anything law enforcement can do with helping you out? That's a cyber crime so I'm thinking FBI or Homeland security something I don't know.
I'm literally just trying to run a damn website and can't believe this. The site scrapping was bad years back, but this is worse since our entire property has been shut down and renamed.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I'm literally just trying to run a damn website and can't believe this. The site scrapping was bad years back, but this is worse since our entire property has been shut down and renamed.
Gene. I don't know what to say brother, nothing in words can make this any less troublesome for you and your family.

Mike

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The crazy thing is this person changed the name on the account to "pharabenfarway27k7" so IG can't even help us log in to the Audioholics account ATM.
IG may not help, but law enforcement can.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Man this totally sucks, I feel for ya Gene. It's kinda a running nightmare that I have that I'm gonna log on to my banking website and my bank account is emptied by some hacker. Scares the hell out of me. Today it's just crazy what these hackers can do.
A few years ago my wife's employer was hacked and they ended up paying to get things back. It was crazy, went on for like 3 days, they couldn't take any orders, it was nuts. And this is a million dollar business too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Hacking is illegal and most departments have forensic IT people. Hacking, changing access and charging to restore it is extorsion.

Personally, I think hackers and people who spread computer viruses should be ground into a fine paste, but that's just me.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Hacking is illegal and most departments have forensic IT people. Hacking, changing access and charging to restore it is extorsion.

Personally, I think hackers and people who spread computer viruses should be ground into a fine paste, but that's just me.
I agree!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

That's good info, I'd definitely say Gene has some legal recourse under the that extortion law. Gene should contact his local federal bureau of investigations, more than likely his account isn't the only one they hit. They in turn are hacking Instagram itself, Instagrams servers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seems this is now common. This is what I found from wired magazine. I personally avoid anything Suckerberg has any hand in. Nasty bloke, and I could call him worse.

I'm not a twittering twot either.

There are a lot of Parliamentary enquiries about to get underway concerning his activities in the UK. I would not be surprised if he ends up being blocked out of the UK.

highfigh

highfigh

This goes along with unauthorized use of credit/debit cards, hacking a personal computer(I hope we have all heard and paid attention to the warnings about using 'free' WiFi in public places, right? RIGHT? If someone sets up a cellular hot spot or other device with an SSID that looks like it could be the network provided by the establishment or a local entity, it could very well be someone looking for unsecured computers, etc that they can look into for info, especially when they use some kind of virus/keystroke logger that causes the infected devices to provide sensitive info, like card numbers, bank accounts or worse, when the person works in finance or anything that needs to be secure.

The annual financial damage done by these turds is immense, not only to private individuals, but also businesses small & large, government agencies (NSA has been hacked more than once) and, as we see here, IG accounts. My friend Ilya, who used to manage a computer store said using Facebook almost guarantees that a virus of some kind WILL end up in someone's computer and when a customer asked if Kaspersky is a good anti-virus software, he said he doesn't trust it. The person then asked why and he loudly said "Because it's Russian!". Ilya came from Kyiv, Ukraine in the late-'70s and listens to Russian radio/news and is in contact with other immigrants (long time and more recent) from that area, so he knows a bit about what's happening.

highfigh

highfigh

BTW- if a report is filed with the Police, make sure they follow up on it. Someone used my card to buy something on ATT.net, then went to the store nearest to my house and picked it up. Did they check that a$$holes ID, to make sure it matched the name on MY card? Hell no, they just let the turd waltz out with whatever cost a hundred thirty bucks, which had been removed form my account. That I knew nothing about. I found out when I tried to buy something for an AV job I was doing and was in a time crunch, wasted a couple of hours that I needed for that job but instead, I had to go to my bank to get a new card, go to the ATT store and find out that I couldn't watch the video of the transaction "BECAUSE OF PRIVACY CONCERNS FOR THE CUSTOMER", according to the store manager. I reminded him that I was the customer (no longer, nor will I ever be again) and that the shytebag who used my card is a criminal. I then had to go to the PD to file the report so they could subpoena the video, which they never received. I think they decided that the amount didn't justify the effort, but failed to think about the fact that the douchebag still had my name, company name & account number and if they wanted to do more digging, could easily get my address and other personal info that could make my life really suck.

Don't let them decide for you, that this isn't significant- it is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis