Popular music styles 1910-2019

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
What this showed me is that country just won't die....
Begs the question is there really country music anymore lol my wife is really into the new country sound and some of the new female artists are not bad but I just don’t here country in it . Last concert we seen was Keith Urban and it was the best rock show we’ve ever seen lol !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Begs the question is there really country music anymore lol my wife is really into the new country sound and some of the new female artists are not bad but I just don’t here country in it . Last concert we seen was Keith Urban and it was the best rock show we’ve ever seen lol !
Most of it isn't. You'll find some out there, but it's all pop/rock with a "twang".

Sturgill Simpson is a "country" artist that puts out some pretty cool stuff. His albums are all pretty different in that some are country, some aren't at all. More old school kind of blues stuff mixed in too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was more amazed at the big popularity of country (and definition is sort of vague) earlier in the 1900s....due movies and stars like Gene Autry and Roy Rogers or ? Never been much a fan, my dad was of the "only two kinds of music I don't listen to, country and western", altho I do like some artists here and there....bluegrass I prefer to twang and seems a lot of country does more resemble rock these days.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I was always associated country music with somewhere mid-west. I was dead wrong, apparently, there are multiple country music FM radio stations in South Jersey. Personally, I'm not a fan of country style and the closest thing I could be ok with is Ry Cooder

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
What this showed me is that country just won't die....
In America maybe, I'm interested to see what this graph would look like in other countries.

Country doesn't really exist in Europe for example.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In America maybe, I'm interested to see what this graph would look like in other countries.

Country doesn't really exist in Europe for example.
In the description on youtube for this it says "Historical popularity is based on worldwide vinyl and CD records release frequencies for specific genre adjusted to recent years music charts. Numbers are relative to each other to reflect popularity". Probably europe would dilute the popularity of country, but still would like to see some sort of definition of what qualifies as "country"....

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
In the description on youtube for this it says "Historical popularity is based on worldwide vinyl and CD records release frequencies for specific genre adjusted to recent years music charts. Numbers are relative to each other to reflect popularity". Probably europe would dilute the popularity of country, but still would like to see some sort of definition of what qualifies as "country"....
Huh interesting! I didn't see the description as I played straight from here, I guess country truly is very popular!

Like you said I guess there's some room for interpretation in different countries.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Most of it isn't. You'll find some out there, but it's all pop/rock with a "twang".

Sturgill Simpson is a "country" artist that puts out some pretty cool stuff. His albums are all pretty different in that some are country, some aren't at all. More old school kind of blues stuff mixed in too.
I’ve a couple of his in the library good stuff too . The current female artist’s are Farley good as far as song and sound go just more pop than anything country and they are very good sonically recorded that’s the only way I can tolerate most of it .
we switch off music in our home as I tend to be a rock and vocal type of listening .

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You're asking the wrong person. :D I want nothing to do with anything remotely "country" in my music...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis