Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
But was an HBOMax app on your pc? Did you check pc output settings?
No, just logged into daughter-in-laws account that they passed on. No, I didn't check laptop audio out setting, didn't think of it.
Where on a laptop? I am intending the same setup for Foundation when the series is finished.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Guessing the BD/4K disc will be out in time for Xmas, hopefully. There's no release date set yet. I still don't have Atmos setup yet :( This might get me to do it lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, just logged into daughter-in-laws account that they passed on. No, I didn't check laptop audio out setting, didn't think of it.
Where on a laptop? I am intending the same setup for Foundation when the series is finished.
Account for HBOMax? or bootleg?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Account for HBOMax? or bootleg?
They subscribed to it for a month. We trade as needed when we have shows we want to see, they have access to our subscription. Now we have access.
Maybe that

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They subscribed to it for a month. We trade as needed when we have shows we want to see, they have access to our subscription. Now we have access.
Maybe that
Maybe just limitation of desktop app

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
On my firestick HBOMax mentioned it was available in Atmos, I don't have Atmos but got DD+.
They're having issues with Dolby Vision and Atmos with the HBO Max app on Fire Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
My thoughts on Dune 2021.
Soundtrack not by Toto. No Sting or Captain Picard. No oozing pustules. Not quotable. Women will actually sit and watch it with interest. Movie didn't include Frank Herbert's penchant for interior monologue. Piter De Vries went from having eyebrows that were on par with Leonid Brezhnev to having no eyebrows at all. Mispronounced Harkonnen. Kept waiting to see a guild navigator in a giant fish tank. Was disappointed. But the sets and costumes were fantastic. The orthothopters were great. The 2021 movie was epic, but it wasn't as fun or kitschy as Lynch's version.

The people I watched it with had never read Dune, and my oh my were they confused, but they liked it anyway.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
1984 4K disc appears to be delayed to Dec. now :rolleyes: New one will probably release before the old one lol.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have mine.
There are multiple versions looks like. The US release, which I ordered, seems to be delayed, but you can order the UK release from here on Amazon and it says they will deliver it and it is region free.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
I ordered the Dune Steelbook 4k limited edition. They're for sale on amazon at fifty bucks.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
This would be hard to watch unless you read the books and understand the plot. JMHO

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis