what are you drinking right now ?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Note: bottle cost more than liquor. ;)
LOL... yeah, some silly pricing on Ebay and Etsy for the empty bottles. This was sitting in my boss' basement for years, unopened. He was a wine and cognac drinker so score one for me. :) It's really quite good. Not quite as nice as the 20 year old cask strength whiskey I got from Glenora Distillery in Cape Breton, but close.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yes they are, that's the part I like :) It varies quite a bit as to intensity, tho. The Hazematic is relatively smooth compared to some. You might like this article
Funny they say the craft revolution started in the 80s because at least to me it didn't really become noticeable till the last 10 years or so. Same with coffee houses.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Funny they say the craft revolution started in the 80s because at least to me it didn't really become noticeable till the last 10 years or so. Same with coffee houses.
Craft brews go back to the 80s for me, Anchor Steam particularly. We had coffee houses too, but not like today with the starbucks everywhere. This was in San Francisco.....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Craft brews go back to the 80s for me, Anchor Steam particularly. We had coffee houses too, but not like today with the starbucks everywhere. This was in San Francisco.....
Back in the day you could go to Stroh's brewery parking lot and fill up on filtered water LOL. The wait could be a little annoying as some would have a trunk full of containers to fill.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada were the ones at the forefront of that movement. ;) Maybe a few others, but those are nowhere to be found these days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada were the ones at the forefront of that movement. ;) Maybe a few others, but those are nowhere to be found these days.
Yep, altho in my case was aware of Anchor well before Sierra Nevada (at least several years)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The old problem with craft brews or small breweries is distribution. That's what's gotten much better in the last decade or so. For the longest time, you could get craft brews, but it'd better be from the 4 small breweries that have national distribution.

Where I grew up, there were no local breweries. They're all over the place now. It's awesome.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The old problem with craft brews or small breweries is distribution. That's what's gotten much better in the last decade or so. For the longest time, you could get craft brews, but it'd better be from the 4 small breweries that have national distribution.

Where I grew up, there were no local breweries. They're all over the place now. It's awesome.
So true. While most small breweries here strive to get into the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) they can advertise more effectively now and not just sell locally but over the web as well. A lot of them have become destination places as well, offering tours and adding a pub with a simple menu. Check out the web site for Cowbell Brewery which is north of me. It's an incredible building. They are 1.5 hours drive from any major city, but it's a good product and they'be been quite successful.

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
I have a bottle of their "Three Wood" version which is pretty good.
nice! i'll keep an eye out for it.

I was in Scotland for a long weekend last year and tried a good few whiskeys, but this is the one i kept coming back to, so i almost always have a bottle under the stairs for when the fancy takes me.

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
I think the definition of "a good few" is 3-5 "fews,' therefore we can surmise you tried anywhere from between 9 and 25 Whiskeys...
How many good whiskeys did you try? :p
hmm no i come to think about it at some point i think i lost count :p, lets say more than 10 less than 20...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Pecan Pumpkin Pie- I can taste the pecan but not the pumpkin so much. It's ok.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis