highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
there are 2 red and 2 black on the speaker
The only reason speaker manufacturers started using four conductor terminal cups is because people wanted it so they could follow a fad, not because it provides a benefit.

Since the speakers have these jumpers, connect the speaker wires to one pair- pick one, because electrically, there's no difference regardless of the comments and photos from people who say that using one specific pair or using one from the woofer pair and another from the tweeter pair is best. That's nonsense, for a variety of reasons, including Kirchoff's Laws.

highfigh

highfigh

Then those electrons have another hill to climb and might slow down. :D
Need to make sure there are no sharp ends, too- the electrons can shoot right out of the wire at the corners donchaknow. :)

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
The only reason speaker manufacturers started using four conductor terminal cups is because people wanted it so they could follow a fad, not because it provides a benefit.

Since the speakers have these jumpers, connect the speaker wires to one pair- pick one, because electrically, there's no difference regardless of the comments and photos from people who say that using one specific pair or using one from the woofer pair and another from the tweeter pair is best. That's nonsense, for a variety of reasons, including Kirchoff's Laws.
Thanks man

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If one remembers John Dunlavy, speaker builder, did the same and was his answer to that Q. And, he created an impedance matching speaker cable and expensive for the same reason, people asked for it. He also conducted DBT test in his listening rooms. No one could differentiate wires, including his. :D

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
One question ...
Is better connect amp to tv with optical cable or hdmi?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
One question ...
Is better connect amp to tv with optical cable or hdmi?
For me HDMI works well and have done so for years, but HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) can give issues of various types so optical is another option. If you have something like a BlueRay player connected to the TV instead of the AVR you would get lower resolution audio when using optical, but for streaming using TV apps you won't get ATMOS (I believe) in case you have a bigger setup than 5.1 but otherwise the same quality (currently).

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
For me HDMI works well and have done so for years, but HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) can give issues of various types so optical is another option. If you have something like a BlueRay player connected to the TV instead of the AVR you would get lower resolution audio when using optical, but for streaming using TV apps you won't get ATMOS (I believe) in case you have a bigger setup than 5.1 but otherwise the same quality (currently).
I have 2 speakers and I plan to buy a subwoofer..on TV I listen to music on youtube and stream movies, I sometimes use netflix..can I have an optical cable?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have 2 speakers and I plan to buy a subwoofer..on TV I listen to music on youtube and stream movies, I sometimes use netflix..can I have an optical cable?
Sure you can and many users do exactly that.

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
You won't notice a difference in quality when streaming from TV apps when using optical as compared to HDMI ARC.
sorry..do I just need an optical cable or something else

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
sorry..do I just need an optical cable or something else
If you want to use optical connection then you must buy an optical cable for connection between your AVR and the TV.

If you have connected your TV to your AVR with an HDMI cable you could try using HDMI ARC before buying the optical cable as that will save you a little money and one cable less to install.

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
If you want to use optical connection then you must buy an optical cable for connection between your AVR and the TV.

If you have connected your TV to your AVR with an HDMI cable you could try using HDMI ARC before buying the optical cable as that will save you a little money and one cable less to install.
if i want an optical connection i just need this?

Attachments

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
if i want an optical connection i just need this?
Something like that, from seeing your picture. The cable should be of good quality but not be particularly expensive. Depending on where you live I'm sure that members here can recommend you an optical cable. You do need to measure how long the cable needs to be.

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
Something like that, from seeing your picture. The cable should be of good quality but not be particularly expensive. Depending on where you live I'm sure that members here can recommend you an optical cable. You do need to measure how long the cable needs to be.
Ok,thanks a lot

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Ok,thanks a lot
What I meant with about where you live is that the selection of good, but fairly inexpensive, cables varies where you live and importing them could add very much to the price (taxes, import duties, transport). Living in USA gives you other options than living in, say, EU.

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
What I meant with about where you live is that the selection of good, but fairly inexpensive, cables varies where you live and importing them could add very much to the price (taxes, import duties, transport). Living in USA gives you other options than living in, say, EU.
I know ...is there such a difference in sound?or cable build quality

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis