I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
If the speaker would be-wiring, does it have to be connected that way or can it just be red and black without these two

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If the speaker would be-wiring, does it have to be connected that way or can it just be red and black without these two
Are you referring to the cable with four wires, red/black/white/green? The usual arrangement is:
Red=Right +
Black=Right -
White=Left +
Green=Left -

Red and white can be paired for + and black & green can be paired for - if you want to increase the gauge without buying heavier cable.

Don't bother with bi-wiring.

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
Are you referring to the cable with four wires, red/black/white/green? The usual arrangement is:
Red=Right +
Black=Right -
White=Left +
Green=Left -

Red and white can be paired for + and black & green can be paired for - if you want to increase the gauge without buying heavier cable.

Don't bother with bi-wiring.
there are 2 red and 2 black on the speaker

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm guessing he means bi-wiring and I agree that bi-wiring is just a waste of cable; yes, you only need one pair of +/- (red/black) connections (and leave the connecting bar/strap in place, if not in place you'll either need to do the bi-wiring or make a connection like with short pieces of wire). Here's an article about bi-wiring/bi-amping if you're curious about more info https://www.audioholics.com/frequent-questions/the-difference-between-biamping-vs-biwiring

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
there are 2 red and 2 black on the speaker
Just leave the metal connectors between the upper and lower speaker posts on and only use one of the connector pairs. (Upper black and red or lower black and red)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
Just leave the metal connectors between the upper and lower speaker posts on and only use one of the connector pairs. (Upper black and red or lower black and red)

will the sound be the same

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
I'm guessing he means bi-wiring and I agree that bi-wiring is just a waste of cable; yes, you only need one pair of +/- (red/black) connections (and leave the connecting bar/strap in place, if not in place you'll either need to do the bi-wiring or make a connection like with short pieces of wire). Here's an article about bi-wiring/bi-amping if you're curious about more info https://www.audioholics.com/frequent-questions/the-difference-between-biamping-vs-biwiring
Thank you!

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
will the sound be the same
Bi-wiring is somewhat like using a little thicker cable. Better to actually get a little thicker cable instead of 2 sets. Most speakers would be better off with only a single pair of connections but they put 2 on there cause it sells better even if few use more than one anyway.

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
this is that bar?

Attachments

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just to be clear...

Keep those Jumpers installed, and connect only 1 set of speaker cable, usually to the bottom pair of Binding Posts.
This is the conventional way of hooking up your Speakers to the Receiver or Amplifier.

While we do not recommend it, if you choose to Bi-Wire or Bi-Amp, those Jumpers MUST be removed in order to work properly and to help avoid damage to your equipment.

Again, these latter options are really not beneficial. It is preferrable to make certain you are using a Speaker Cable of appropriate Gauge necessary to support the electrical load of the Speaker and Length needed to reach each Speaker with about 1-3 feet of slack; and to only connect using the conventional single cable to 1 pair of posts as has been described. :)

I apologize if overly pedantic, but I saw some potential room for misunderstanding. ;)

Cheers!

I

Ivkyy1

Junior Audioholic
Just to be clear...

Keep those Jumpers installed, and connect only 1 set of speaker cable, usually to the bottom pair of Binding Posts.
This is the conventional way of hooking up your Speakers to the Receiver or Amplifier.

While we do not recommend it, if you choose to Bi-Wire or Bi-Amp, those Jumpers MUST be removed in order to work properly and to help avoid damage to your equipment.

Again, these latter options are really not beneficial. It is preferrable to make certain you are using a Speaker Cable of appropriate Gauge necessary to support the electrical load of the Speaker and Length needed to reach each Speaker with about 1-3 feet of slack; and to only connect using the conventional single cable to 1 pair of posts as has been described. :)

I apologize if overly pedantic, but I saw some potential room for misunderstanding. ;)

Cheers!
please for the final answer haha..full of information for me.I really appreciate your knowledge

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Or, one upper and one lower will also work. ;) :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Just to be clear...

... 1 set of speaker cable, usually to the bottom pair of Binding Posts.
... ;)

Cheers!
Then those electrons have another hill to climb and might slow down. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis