What Do You Think About Windows 11 to Replace Windows 10 Operating System?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Microsoft is going to loose me with Windows 11, because I will be switching to Ubuntu (Linux) in the future. I've got Windows 10 on the laptop I recently acquired. However, I still have Windows 8.1 on my desktop, as I had refused to get Windows 10 when Microsoft was bugging me about the automatic download several years ago.

In order to counteract their attempts to download the new OS, following a search on the web, I found a way to avoid the situation by deleting file extensions which they had put on the PC with several updates, and which would have allowed them to replace the OS shortly afterwards.

There has to be a limit! Microsoft is trying to control people by releasing new operating systems every couple of years, therefore increasing their profits. If a OS is working without problems, why should we have to replace it? After a couple of years, the bugs in the system have been removed with the updates. In my opinion, the key is to keep the same OS and make it safe by using a reliable anti-malware software.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Preach! I was still using Windows 7 until the ol’ laptop stopped booting up. Went out and got Macs. Apple will force them into obsolescence here shortly.:D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Preach! I was still using Windows 7 until the ol’ laptop stopped booting up. Went out and got Macs. Apple will force them into obsolescence here shortly.:D
How about Apple. Don't you think Apple is not controlling people to a certain extent as well? They prevent their customers from purchasing apps or software from other websites. I believe the US Governing Instances intend to get that abolished and that's a good move.

We definitely need a third player to fight those quasi monopolistic behaviors.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry, I meant Apple will force my Macs into obsolescence. They’ve done it with all of my iPhones.:):confused::mad:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Well Apple and Microsoft are out to take over your system and for 99% of the people, there is nothing you can do about it and I'm not talking about audio devices. smart phones, home computing that want you to give them control of everything you do. Every new software release takes further control from the user and of course the $$ goes up.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm using Win7 and it works fine- why switch to 11 until it has proved that it won't be a clusterflop? I have Win10 on one computer and I only loaded the update to see how it works. I know that a clean install is best, but it works although I almost never use that PC.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've tested windows 11 and it's fine. So far I haven't seen any issues at all. I have it in a VM and on my tablet. Works great so far.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I've used the free Ubuntu in the past. But for some unknown reason, my desktop PC no longer accepts to work with this OP. But I intend to eventually pick the latest version and get rid of Microsoft for my desktop unit.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've used the free Ubuntu in the past. But for some unknown reason, my desktop PC no longer accepts to work with this OP. But I intend to eventually pick the latest version and get rid of Microsoft for my desktop unit.

I do far too many Windows "centric" things to abandon it. Plus, I don't think I've ever spent over $15 on a Windows key so that's not a problem.

That said, I've got Zorin OS dual booting with Windows 10 and I like it quite a bit more than Ubuntu. Very friendly to us Windows folks

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I switched to Android two and a half years ago, and I couldn't be happier.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've had no particular problems with W10 other than needing to implement the old desktop view thing. Been shopping for a new laptop....but probably would avoid a new OS until its been out for a while like I've done with most Windows changes.....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't expect many changes from Win11, so the timing I will adopt it is more likely to be work-related.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Meh, I don't think my PC will qualify due to the age of the motherboard. I'll stick with 10 until EOL in 4 or 5 years, then build a new computer.

My Haswell i7 is anything but "slow" for my current and future needs.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Microsoft is going to loose me with Windows 11, because I will be switching to Ubuntu (Linux) in the future. I've got Windows 10 on the laptop I recently acquired. However, I still have Windows 8.1 on my desktop, as I had refused to get Windows 10 when Microsoft was bugging me about the automatic download several years ago.

In order to counteract their attempts to download the new OS, following a search on the web, I found a way to avoid the situation by deleting file extensions which they had put on the PC with several updates, and which would have allowed them to replace the OS shortly afterwards.

There has to be a limit! Microsoft is trying to control people by releasing new operating systems every couple of years, therefore increasing their profits. If a OS is working without problems, why should we have to replace it? After a couple of years, the bugs in the system have been removed with the updates. In my opinion, the key is to keep the same OS and make it safe by using a reliable anti-malware software.
Every company has to update their software to fight malware and viruses. Not only that, new technologies are introduced taking advantage of faster bus speeds and direct hardware access like with PCIe 5. Seriously though, it's as if you think the new OS is like a vaccine made from aborted baby parts.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't expect many changes from Win11, so the timing I will adopt it is more likely to be work-related.
I haven't seen anything "new" on that front just yet. I bet it'll take most companies at LEAST a year to adopt assuming there are no major "vista" issues. As you know, MS has a BAD track record of an OS update being good when the previous version was good. And windows 10 is good. I have had very few issues. Same with 7, XP, 2k, 98, etc. The in-between versions, not so much good luck.

Let's hope 11 can break the cycle.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't seen anything "new" on that front just yet. I bet it'll take most companies at LEAST a year to adopt assuming there are no major "vista" issues. As you know, MS has a BAD track record of an OS update being good when the previous version was good. And windows 10 is good. I have had very few issues. Same with 7, XP, 2k, 98, etc. The in-between versions, not so much good luck.

Let's hope 11 can break the cycle.
Yeah, more like at least a year to even consider a wholesale swap on OS.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis