This has me Stumped! Please help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It is just that 252' was the longest Ruipro cable. You can get longer made to order. I would estimate you could run at least 2.5 miles with this technology.
I meant more are they all active? I've seen some that aren't at 100ft. I'm not talking about Ruipro....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I meant more are they all active? I've seen some that aren't at 100ft. I'm not talking about Ruipro....
For older cables, prior to 4K, you could go 25 ft. max without problems.

For the new cables for 4K, you should go active above 12 ft. and 15 ft. for sure. There are two types of active cable; boosted copper, and hybrid optical, for video and copper for audio. However the optical cables are best, with by far the greatest transmission distances.

So, as far as I'm concerned if you need an optimal cable for HDMI 4 or 8K video transmission longer than 12 ft. then a powered hybrid cable is your best option. I think you should power any active HDMI cable with a voltage inserter, and not from the HDMI port.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
For older cables, prior to 4K, you could go 25 ft. max without problems.

For the new cables for 4K, you should go active above 12 ft. and 15 ft. for sure. There are two types of active cable; boosted copper, and hybrid optical, for video and copper for audio. However the optical cables are best, with by far the greatest transmission distances.

So, as far as I'm concerned if you need an optimal cable for HDMI 4 or 8K video transmission longer than 12 ft. then a powered hybrid cable is your best option. I think you should power any active HDMI cable with a voltage inserter, and not from the HDMI port.
I agree but in this case we don't know what was used unless I missed that....if I needed a very long hdmi run I'd probably go with Ruipro myself.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis