D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Trump followers are perhaps not the kind of Republicans you like but they are after all the G.O.P. base and will remain so for a long time. But I guess your new found bro is a Republican of your heart.
This is not the thread to get into this so I'll just say this once.

But yeah I like the guy. I don't agree with everything he says but it's nice to actually speak to someone and have a conversation with what we disagree on

Rather then have to listen to a small number of posters here who childishly just make comments like "the white guy is here" Or "your a right wing anarchist" if you don't agree with everything they say.

Just trying to be ugly enough and confrontational enough to push people off the thread. But then act like there sh$t don't stink and it's totally cool for them to rant and rave and behave any way they want even though all the dude has done is express there opinion an unpopular opinion but just an opinion none the less.

Bullsh$t like that is is pathetic annoying and it gets old really quick. I mean I just tune it out. People who act like that are like a broken record or a movie franchise like Friday the 13th that's said the same thing every movie for 14 times so it's not hard to tune out. But still it gets pretty pathetic

Once again a topic for another thread tho

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sorry Dan, but this was the lead-off post by dumbass:

As for this thread I can't believe people are alright with how some of the people are being treated. Talk about an authoritarian govt. People being held in D.C. jails indefinitely for misdemeanors and minor felony charges getting beaten and mentally abused by guards. All while most of the blm and Antifa rioters and looters got off Scott free for ruining way more lives and their death and destruction.

The division in this country is sickening.

People wonder why the suicide rate for Vets is skyrocketing and our military is falling apart... I mean what did we fight and die for. Not Freedom not Liberty not a once great country. No basically we fought and died for a bunch of spoiled blinded sheep that don't give a damb about either.
If that's how he wanted to introduce himself to Audioholics, he can go f-ck himself right off. It's fair game if that's his version of "hello world."

We wouldn't even be having this conversation about Covid if dumbass white people weren't acting like they're such victims of everything. The scientists are all wrong, the doctors ae all wrong, but some random moron on facebook knows the "REAL TRUTH." So now the freaking hospitals are filling right back up and we're heading back to where we were with stacking bodies in refrigerated trucks.

I have no empathy nor for these idiots, and I sure as hell have no sense of camaraderie. If a bunch of brainwashed crackers want to overthrow the government, they deserve to be in cells. They deserved to be mowed down like they would have in just about any other nation.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry Dan, but this was the lead-off post by dumbass:

If that's how he wanted to introduce himself to Audioholics, he can go f-ck himself right off. It's fair game if that's his version of "hello world."

We wouldn't even be having this conversation about Covid if dumbass white people weren't acting like they're such victims of everything. The scientists are all wrong, the doctors ae all wrong, but some random moron on facebook knows the "REAL TRUTH." So now the freaking hospitals are filling right back up and we're heading back to where we were with stacking bodies in refrigerated trucks.

I have no empathy nor for these idiots, and I sure as hell have no sense of camaraderie. If a bunch of brainwashed crackers want to overthrow the government, they deserve to be in cells. They deserved to be mowed down like they would have in just about any other nation.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
I empathize with how you feel don't agree with everything you just said in your last post but we gotta get this thread back on track. I'm sure there will be time for us to talk these things out in another political thread. I don't think there's going to be a shortage of those any time soon. ;)

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja

No great mystery as to why there's an uptick in COVID infections in children. It bogles the mind how many people receive pay for stating the obvious.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Not immunity but they are more likely to die from many other means other than this virus.

The flu is deadlier to them than Covid so are we going to start mandating flu vaccines also?

It also seems those immunicized are not immune either and they just have lesser symptoms but that people with natural immunity who have had it fight it off even better.

I would think we would want our strong and healthy to build up immunity to lessen the spread.

As for them taking up hospital beds. I'd like to see exact data on that as the stories I've seen of such can not be backed up and seem to be propaganda and lies.

Not saying the vaccine is bad but rational thinking needs to prevail.
Not true. The vaccines actually produce better immunity and huge immunity in those that recovered. The bigger issue is long Covid. A study last week showed half of infected individuals had one serious symptom 1 years after recovering from infection. So we risk huge number of long term effects by not vaccinating. Vaccinations after infection produces a ten fold increase in antibodies in those with previous infection..

Stop pontificating about what you don't understand.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Not true. The vaccines actually produce better immunity and huge immunity in those that recovered. The bigger issue is long Covid. A study last week showed half of infected individuals had one serious symptom 1 years after recovering from infection. So we risk huge number of long term effects by not vaccinating. Vaccinations after infection produces a ten fold increase in antibodies in those with previous infection..

Stop pontificating about what you don't understand.
I understand science just fine and the studies you speak of ar crap.

How in the hell can anyone get longterm affect studies done in a year? That's laughable.

Oh but your experts said so. :rolleyes:

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Science isn't like Google. Studies on long term affects take a decade at least

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Well, I have some breaking news to report. I see though since I last checked in on this thread we have Covidiot on the loose! He needs seeing off pretty sharpish.

This may turn out to be what we have feared. As has been the norm in this pandemic, there has been further antigenic drift, which Sars viruses are prone to.

The WHO announced today a new variant of concern, the Mu variant. This variant has a lot of antigens shared with previous variants, but some novel ones. It arose in Columbia. Unfortunately this appears to possibly be outpacing the Delta variant there. It is significantly resistant to vaccines and natural immunity.

Here is a link to the article in Lancet, hot of the press. I think you should all read this.

There have been 48 cases in the UK so far. It is already in 40 countries that we know off. It has been found in 49 US states.

Here is a link to the BBC magazine, Science Focus.

So I suspect more data will come thick and fast on this development.

Other news is an article in JAMA. This article shows that the Moderna vaccine induces significantly greater immunogenicity than the Pfizer vaccine. I find this surprising as they are both mRNA vaccines. The only significant difference is the nanoshield. However the Moderna shield has shown itself to be more stable than the Pfizer. So I wonder if this has something to do with it.

In addition, although the AstraZeneca vaccine produces slightly less initial effectiveness, there is data in the UK suggesting that the immunity is longer lived. The protection lines of time a crossing over in the UK, with the AstraZeneca vaccine showing slightly greater protection with time and the lines separating. We have no data on the J & J vaccine, the other mDNA vaccine, on this issue yet, as far as I know. If this is true it is good news as the AstraZenca vaccine is the backbone of the vaccination programs in many parts of the world.

GSK are now in phase three trials using the AstraZenca vaccine as a control. It is not considered ethical now to do a placebo Covid-19 vaccine trial now. This is an mRNA vaccine. However GSK say it is stable and easy to produce. This is a project developed by GSK and South Korea for the third world. This vaccine appears to produce a really good immune response. Hopefully this will be a big step to inducing worldwide immunity if the virus does not outrun us with mutations.
These sort of projects are vital if we are going to get the acute phase of this crisis behind us.

The other piece of good news is that US vaccinations have increased 17% since full FDA approval.

I think that is all of consequence to bring to members attention at this time.

I am however disturbed to find we have a belligerent member threatening to derail this thread. So may be mods could at least caution the offender. I really don't want to have to waste time correcting false information from that quarter.

We are still in the highly critical phase of this pandemic, and science needs to rule the day, and not politics. I will continue to update what I hope has been and will continue to be an accurate source of information to the membership.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
By the way. If I see another study on "Is there long term side effects" I may just do that drunk post. The freaking virus has been out how long?! How long have we had the vaccine out?! Long term isn't 1 freaking year!!! Guess they can travel to the fucking future now.

Out.

Not a drunk post but how stupid can the public be. :(
You mean...your previous posts weren't drunk posts?

Interesting.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Damn shame a thread like this has turned to total poop.
The Mods need to do something about Dal1as. This thread has provided useful information for almost 2 years now. Over a quarter million people are looking at it for, I assume, the latest and reliable information. This ass is taking a wrecking ball to it.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I temporarily suspended a forum member from this thread. Let's keep things factual and apolitical. If you want to talk politics, there are other threads.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I temporarily suspended a forum member from this thread. Let's keep things factual and apolitical. If you want to talk politics, there are other threads.
Still baffled as to how medical science can be politicized.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It seems appropriate in this case. Unfortunately, everything has become politicized of late.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I am however disturbed to find we have a belligerent member threatening to derail this thread. So may be mods could at least caution the offender. I really don't want to have to waste time correcting false information from that quarter.
My thoughts exactly. Wasting our time correcting his falsehoods is the goal of our troll. I think it was Steve Bannon who said his strategy was to, 'flood the field with BS'.
I was going to suggest that everyone put him on their ignore list until he realized he had no readers. However that would still leave his nonsense posts polluting this thread for all other readers. I think shadyJ took it one step better.
Thank you!

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
From Johns Hopkns: "A typical vaccine development timeline takes 5 to 10 years, and sometimes longer "
mRNA was in development that long. Clinical trials do not take 10 years, that is what we are speaking of.

You do realize the Covid vaccine only took 40 hours to develop don't you? How do you think that was possible?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis