DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
1. My jumpers are on because I couldn't really tell any difference whether they're passive bi-amped or with the jumpers in place. It did start making a popping sound when I powered it up in bi-amp configuration so I put it back.
2. I bought new speakers so I posted pics of them and added on when I took some glamor shots for an article.
3. Yup... kinda old, but not dead! lol.

I don't mind tho. Happy to answer any more questions if you have them.
So no noticeable benefit of Bi-Amping speakers that's good to know.. Hearing this more and more from more people. Great system and thanks for sharing

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You talkin about you or the thread? :eek:

How's all your inspection stuff going?
Har har! (That was actually a good one, I lol'd).

We're just getting started and jobs are starting to trickle in. We have a few jobs under our belt now and 1 or 2 five star ratings. It's a little slow right now, but we just launched not long ago.

I told my partner to just stay the course. Hes unfamiliar with managing a business, but that's where I come in. I have almost 30 years of management experience and know more or less what to expect and how to deal with clients. He's impatient and worried. I'm not. Word of mouth and 5 star ratings will start to work its magic and we'll pick up. The first year is always the toughest for a new business.

*Oh, here's a link to our website! HIP Home Inspections and Preparations

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Har har! (That was actually a good one, I lol'd).

We're just getting started and jobs are starting to trickle in. We have a few jobs under our belt now and four 5 star ratings. It's a little slow right now, but we just launched not long ago.

I told my partner to just stay the course. Hes unfamiliar with managing a business, but that's where I come in. I have almost 30 years of management experience and know more or less what to expect and how to deal with clients. He's impatient and worried. I'm not. Word of mouth and 5 star ratings will start to work its magic and we'll pick up. The first year is always the toughest for a new business.

*Oh, here's a link to our website! HIP Home Inspections and Preparations
Sounds like you guys are off to a good start. Nice job!

First year is tough, can't be impatient with that. I'm still considering starting something of my own, but time will tell.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Was'sup brotha Bill!
Sup homes! Just hit your link. I dig it. Nice to see you guys off the ground. I agree too. Stay the course. My wife and I have been self employed for 20ish years. The highs are higher, and the lows are lower, but there now greater reward. ‘specially when you consider working for someone else’s bottom line.
Nice job J. Keep it up.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sup homes! Just hit your link. I dig it. Nice to see you guys off the ground. I agree too. Stay the course. My wife and I have been self employed for 20ish years. The highs are higher, and the lows are lower, but there now greater reward. ‘specially when you consider working for someone else’s bottom line.
Nice job J. Keep it up.
You hit the nail on the head there...I've been a biz owner, a co biz owner and experienced both the highs and the lows...the biggest reward was I had the flexibility to be around when my kids were young....now, just a part-time venture because I like my gig.

Good pay allows me to afford this crazy hobby we have, nice perks like zero health insurance cost, no one really bothers me. I hope to ride this out another 5 yrs...get the mortgage paid off and then I may go back into biz for myself.

Thing only thing that sucks about this job is getting to and from...19 miles takes 45 mins on a normal day...but not complaining...really :).

@Pogre

Good work man! Love it!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Love the dual sub look. Also the big amp. :) What material is the center bookshelf sitting on?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Love the dual sub look. Also the big amp. :) What material is the center bookshelf sitting on?
Hey man, thanks!

That was just a piece wood to elevate it a little higher. A piece of a pedestal I had. It's not there any more and the speaker just sets on the stand now. It was more for aesthetics than anything.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hey man, thanks!

That was just a piece wood to elevate it a little higher. A piece of a pedestal I had. It's not there any more and the speaker just sets on the stand now. It was more for aesthetics than anything.
So I’ll try to dig up your old posts. Sounds like 3 bookshelves didn’t do it for theater even with dual subs? I’m at a similiar point in my journey for the critical front 3. 3 books or go towers... I’ve got the Rythmik LVX12 ported 12 and output is significant in my 2600 cu ft sealed theater room. I’m not really seeing the point of a 2nd sub.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
So I’ll try to dig up your old posts. Sounds like 3 bookshelves didn’t do it for theater even with dual subs? I’m at a similiar point in my journey for the critical front 3. 3 books or go towers... I’ve got the Rythmik LVX12 ported 12 and output is significant in my 2600 cu ft sealed theater room. I’m not really seeing the point of a 2nd sub.
I won't speak for Pogre but I kinda remember some found money and thus the Towers were born but I could be wrong. I've heard a hi end 5.4 setup with all B&W 805s all the way around...awesome!

I'm not sure how the Ultra BS stack up vs the 805s, but I kinda doubt that they were not fulfilling.

Two subs...I think there's might be some mis-conception on the dual subs. If you can place one well and don't have localization issues or that simply doesn't bother you...agreed, there is no point for a 2nd sub if you feel what you have gives you what you're seeking on the low end.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I sent lots of photos, now it’s your turn mate:D
Ha!

Speaking of which, I wonder if I should start another thread in pros n joes because I don't have these speakers anymore!

20210528_142011_copy_2016x1512.jpg
20210528_141927_copy_2016x1512.jpg

20210530_102352_copy_1209x1612.jpg

I'm all Ascend Acoustics now! Plus a third sub.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That sub behind the sweet spot really kind of makes me drool lol and love the huge center too great looking rig man !
Thanks man! It does put a smile on my face. That sub transforned movie watching and music with lots of deep bass. I've probably watched Kong vs Godzilla a dozen times now, not because it's such an awesome movie, but because that movie has lots of room shaking bass! Even in the beginning when Kong's just chillin' out and kinda grunting softly it shakes my chair.

I got it under control tho. The difference is pretty subtle until I get below about 40 hz or so. I was really concerned about localization. When it's pounding pretty good I swear I can tell it's back there, but I tested it on neighbor Bob and my son. I had them sit beside me and played some stuff with good bass and neither one of them knew there was a third sub back there til I pointed it out. It's completely hidden from view until you walk behind the couch, so I think it's mostly in my head.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks man! It does put a smile on my face. That sub transforned movie watching and music with lots of deep bass. I've probably watched Kong vs Godzilla a dozen times now, not because it's such an awesome movie, but because that movie has lots of room shaking bass! Even in the beginning when Kong's just chillin' out and kinda grunting softly it shakes my chair.

I got it under control tho. The difference is pretty subtle until I get below about 40 hz or so. I was really concerned about localization. When it's pounding pretty good I swear I can tell it's back there, but I tested it on neighbor Bob and my son. I had them sit beside me and played some stuff with good bass and neither one of them knew there was a third sub back there til I pointed it out. It's completely hidden from view until you walk behind the couch, so I think it's mostly in my head.
I’ll bet it rocks man it’s an impressive setup for sure how much room ya got behind your seating position any room for rears high or low .

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I like the looks of that center. Did you notice a discernable difference? I forget what you had before you got the center.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Congrats on the new Ascend Acoustics. I hope you enjoy them for years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis