ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Does my Monolith 7 count? It is made by ATI, and in fact specs almost identically to the 1827. I wouldn't be surprised if they were almost identical under the hood too, given the similar costs.

Monolith 7 (200 watt x 7Ch) -$1849.99 (I got mine without balanced connections for $1549 when they first came out.)

View attachment 49775
Photos with the hood off please!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Does my Monolith 7 count? It is made by ATI, and in fact specs almost identically to the 1827. I wouldn't be surprised if they were almost identical under the hood too, given the similar costs.

Monolith 7 (200 watt x 7Ch) -$1849.99 (I got mine without balanced connections for $1549 when they first came out.)

View attachment 49775
The AT1827 has 22,400uF per channel for power supply capacitance. Do we know the power supply for the Monolith?

In addition, for the higher price, you get the ATI-Aesthetics and ATI-Brand Name and the ATI-7-YEAR Warranty. Kind of like the Lexus vs Toyota comparison. Other than that, they should sound the same. :D

Oh, and the ATI AT1820 amps are in stock and ready to ship. ;)

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Photos with the hood off please!!
14566_06 (2).jpg

The AT1827 has 22,400uF per channel for power supply capacitance. Do we know the power supply for the Monolith?

In addition, for the higher price, you get the ATI-Aesthetics and ATI-Brand Name and the ATI-7-YEAR Warranty. Kind of like the Lexus vs Toyota comparison. :D

Other than that, they should sound the same. :D
156,800µF (22,400µF per channel).

Yup. Identical.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Bam!!! Slam dunk right there!!!! Lol ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya got me on that one, but my question is if it counts for an ATI thread since it basically is an ATI amp.

The more I compare between the 1827 and the Mono 7 the more I think they're pretty much the same amp on the inside. Same power ratings at 8 and 4 ohms, same capacitance, same distortion figures (less than .03% at full rated power)... they even weigh almost exactly the same!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya got me on that one, but my question is if it counts for an ATI thread since it basically is an ATI amp.

The more I compare between the 1827 and the Mono 7 the more I think they're pretty much the same amp on the inside. Same power ratings at 8 and 4 ohms, same capacitance, same distortion figures (less than .03% at full rated power)... they even weigh almost exactly the same!
Damn maybe they have truly balanced inputs or something to justify there higher cost

But still there made by ATI so I guess they belong here on this thread ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn maybe they have truly balanced inputs or something to justify there higher cost

It's brilliant marketing too. Upcharge for the ATI aesthetics and badge, then stop making them for Monoprice so there's no competition! :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So, @AcuDefTechGuy , are they still saying that they will make their own Super Processor, too? ATP-1 or 16, or whatever they may call it? :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

I would say most power amps at such price range will have
truly balanced inputs".

If you are referring to the so called fully balanced/differential amps then last I checked, only their signature series such as the AT4000 and AT6000 series are "fully balanced/differential.

@AcuDefTechGuy should be able to confirm this.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here we go, I found a pic of the 1827 internals too for some side by side...

AT 1827

Screenshot_2021-08-16-12-32-06-1_copy_920x940.png

Monolith 7

14566_06 (2).jpg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Yeah I think all ATI-made amps would belong here on the ATI thread.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
I recently obtained the 3 channel ATI made Monolith. Powerful amp, sure did wake up my towers compared to the previous amp I was using.

I see just a few tiny differences in the 2 pics Pogre posted above: blue insulation sleeves present on ATI- bottom left corner where wires go to that circuit board, not there on the Monolith. Also, right near the caps where they attach to the vertical boards, there is a small white connector present on the Monolith that is absent on the ATI. Brackets holding the cooling fins are different for some reason, doesn't matter of course.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So, @AcuDefTechGuy , are they still saying that they will make their own Super Processor, too? ATP-1 or 16, or whatever they may call it? :D
Yes. ATI is still making the ATP-16. They were waiting to make the new amps first. Then continue with the ATP-16.

Gotta have a matching AVP for all these new amps. :D

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes. ATI is still making the ATP-16. They were waiting to make the new amps first. Then continue with the ATP-16.
This is interesting/exciting news. Is there any hint for a release? Update on expected pricing? ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is interesting/exciting news. Is there any hint for a release? Update on expected pricing? ;)
The very early dealer price sheet 2 (or was it 3 years) ago showed the ATP-16 MSRP $10K.

I have not seen any updated pricing. But the ATP-16 is supposed to be a lot less expensive than the equivalent DataSat. So I am hoping the final MSRP is south of $10K. Hopefully a lot closer to the HTP-1. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So I am hoping the final MSRP is south of $10K. Hopefully a lot closer to the HTP-1.
I thought I had seen something hinting at the 8-9K mark, originally. Too rich for me, but if they came down a little and it was a drastic working improvement over the HTP-1, it could be an interesting candidate. ;)
I'm pretty impressed with everything I've been seeing on the HTP-1 Owners Thread over at AVS, and Mono-Mono has been super cool about making certain that thing works.
Right now, the wait is focused on DTS: X Pro and the HDMI 2.1 update solution.
With what ATI should have learned from that, I truly expect something special.

Just hope I can afford it! :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I thought I had seen something hinting at the 8-9K mark, originally. Too rich for me, but if they came down a little and it was a drastic working improvement over the HTP-1, it could be an interesting candidate. ;)
I'm pretty impressed with everything I've been seeing on the HTP-1 Owners Thread over at AVS, and Mono-Mono has been super cool about making certain that thing works.
Right now, the wait is focused on DTS: X Pro and the HDMI 2.1 update solution.
With what ATI should have learned from that, I truly expect something special.

Just hope I can afford it! :D
I too am waiting for the ATP-16. Though I hope ATI adds a 24 and 32 channel option as well. Since ATI owns DataSat, the ATP-16 will be the little brother to the new DataSat. Since they'll be using similar tech. Last time I reached out to them they said they are doing a complete revamp of the DataSat. Since DataSat was thee premier processor back in the day when pretty much every movie studio was using it, they kind of fell off the map a bit in the mid 2000's. Now Trinnov stepped up and has taken the reins. And I'm sure StromAudio is working their way up too. But I think once ATI gets everything worked out and in perfect order, the next gen DataSat and ATP-16/24/32 are going to be a force in the processor industry. I'm looking forward to it. I want to see DataSat go head to head with Trinnov.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I too am waiting for the ATP-16. Though I hope ATI adds a 24 and 32 channel option as well. Since ATI owns DataSat, the ATP-16 will be the little brother to the new DataSat. Since they'll be using similar tech. Last time I reached out to them they said they are doing a complete revamp of the DataSat. Since DataSat was thee premier processor back in the day when pretty much every movie studio was using it, they kind of fell off the map a bit in the mid 2000's. Now Trinnov stepped up and has taken the reins. And I'm sure StromAudio is working their way up too. But I think once ATI gets everything worked out and in perfect order, the next gen DataSat and ATP-16/24/32 are going to be a force in the processor industry. I'm looking forward to it. I want to see DataSat go head to head with Trinnov.
You and your 32CH! :D

I’ll still be at 5.2.4! :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis