Parasound A51 owners chime in..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre— Your whole post is kinda whiny... I call it like I see it, and when someone is making claims that run counter to common wisdom I will always call it out.—-Pogre

I made my OWN OPINIONS ON MY SETUP..
WTF are you on about? Where did I say if YOU guys can’t hear what I hear you are wrong?
Waitaminit... I wasn't even talking to you there! Wtf? Lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Name calling?? Referred to whole group ONCE in a funny euphemistic term “You GUYS are a bunch of old hens” That’s name calling lol..
Don't forget toxic, mentally constipated, indoctrinated, know it all, and inmate...

Plus the false accusations. Are you even capable of honesty?

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
If we haven't already said so, CONGRATS on your new Parasound Amp! :D

I think you won't hear many people on AH recommend Emotiva, especially after how they treated Gene with his Emotiva amp.

But even before that, many people would never want Emotiva over big famous brands like Parasound, ATI, Anthem, Rotel, etc.

Some of us are willing to be more "open" about our feelings of Emotiva, some of us are not. :D

The salient thing here is for us to share our opinions. We may disagree on some things.

But bottom line is, congrats on your new Parasound amps. They look great. Enjoy!
So how I do I choose a Power Amplifier? 1. Willing to have more open feelings 2.Go with what many people do always choose a big famous brand .3. Never choose an obscure brand like Emotiva that might have hurt some one else’s feelings in the past

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So how I do I choose a Power Amplifier?
I think if you ask 10 people, you will get 10 different answers.

If you ask me, I prefer to stick with the giant companies like Yamaha (about $4 billion Net sales per year) or long-standing famous big brands like McIntosh, Bryston, ATI, Parasound.

The salient reason for me is reliability and customer support. For others, it may be price and some specs they long for.

Just like some people want separates (AVP + Amps) while others are 100% happy with their AVRs.

When I buy something, I have to feel absolutely good and proud about it.

Last edited:
A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Right. You dont like being called names? Try to understand why)) It is not hard. You like give labels too. You gave me and others a bunch. Maybe not calling names but it is not better. I wonder what in my last post is "counter to common wisdom"?))) Am I hurt? By your labels? Not really. It is you who seems to be hurt by getting called some names. For a reason. You man might know a thing or two in audio stuff but completely lack any ability to reflect on what you said. It is either narrowness of mind or lack of proper education or probably both.

I just tried to show that you guys could be more helpful. I did not name you in my post but you understood it was about you too. That is already something.

Your whole post is kinda whiny... I call it like I see it, and when someone is making claims that run counter to common wisdom I will always call it out.

Plus he called me names, personally insulted me and accused me of saying things I never said, and I'm the one putting myself above others? C'mon man. You're just butt hurt because you got called out too Andrein... this whole post is nothing but sophistry.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Right. You dont like being called names? Try to understand why)) It is not hard. You like give labels too. You gave me and others a bunch. Maybe not calling names but it is not better. I wonder what in my last post is "counter to common wisdom"?))) Am I hurt? By your labels? Not really. It is you who seems to be hurt by getting called some names. For a reason. You man might know a thing or two in audio stuff but completely lack any ability to reflect on what you said. It is either narrowness of mind or lack of proper education or probably both.

I just tried to show that you guys could be more helpful. I did not name you in my post but you understood it was about you too. That is already something.
What labels did I put on you? I said your whiny post was whiny, that's it. I didn't "label" you anything! I think you misunderstand a lot of things and are overly defensive tho. Please point to what I said that labeled you or insulted you personally and I will apologize. You won't find anything even close to what has been said about me thus far. This whole post is just more sophistry.

Btw, I thought this was funny tho.
Sorry, we cant give you any evidence. You will have to believe.
Those 2 sentences have an oddly familiar ring to them. Seems I've heard almost those exact same words applied in other circles somewhere...

(And I'm the one who was accused of being indoctrinated. Lol.)

Okay man, I've said everything I'm gonna say in this thread. Peace out.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL audiophilia and "just listen" and "you have to believe".....just priceless, like the old "trust me" joke. While it's sweet that some guys think they have magical hearing or exquisite taste, when it comes to amps it just gets pretty silly. Not as silly as wires or many other tweaks, but the attitudes are strikingly similar.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As ADTG and Cos said, those amps are likely so accurate/neutral that you wouldn't have heard the difference if you did not know which one was playing.

That being said, I am open to the potentially plausible reasons for the difference you heard as real so my question is, which model of Marantz you compare the Emotiva to?

The amplifier-sound-signature debate is truly unavoidable. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So how I do I choose a Power Amplifier? 1. Willing to have more open feelings 2.Go with what many people do always choose a big famous brand .3. Never choose an obscure brand like Emotiva that might have hurt some one else’s feelings in the past
Eastwood: “Well, it’s quite simple really. You could get the cheaper Emo. But for a few dollars more, you could get better amps“. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Old version. It's collecting dust right now. I think it's too bright compared to my Monolith and haven't used it in a while... ;)

Plus... I really would put my money into different speakers, eq or room treatments before upgrading amplification. If I'm not satisfied with what I'm hearing then I look to either the room or the speakers first. Once you get your speakers and room dialed in, a nice amp is just frosting on the cake. Trying to eq your system by swapping amps is a fool's errand and kind of a waste. I think folks should know that. As long as it's competently made, has sufficient power and functions properly you're good to go.
Sell it to Meeeee!!!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
He can’t… Sadly Pogre, is lying he doesn’t own a Parasound A51
Why say You? @Pogre: is lying? I haven't met Porge in person but I have been a member of AH for many years and have come to know that he is a good member of AH. Usually go out of his way to help anyone on AH. Sure we All poke fun at each other and or post up something that may or may not be factually true and or post up in say, layman's terms if that matters.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why say You? @Pogre: is lying? I haven't met Porge in person but I have been a member of AH for many years [bold added] and have come to know that he is a good member of AH. Usually go out of his way to help anyone on AH. Sure we All poke fun at each other and or post up something that may or may not be factually true and or post up in say, layman's terms if that matters.
Care to explain that you joined AH yesterday?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Care to explain that you joined AH yesterday?
@Trell Isn't my 1st profile..but if you would like to know who am I? Actually if I remember but I have slept since then my 1st was back in 2012 or 2011. But with that said I was just lurking before that..reading Gene's articles and Shady J's reviews.. Even had a chat or two with Bruno...

ps..I met Gene on a Gov project back around umm 98-99.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't my 1st profile..but if you would like to know who am I? Actually if I remember but I have slept since then my 1st was back in 2012 or 2011. But with that said I was just lurking before that..reading Gene's articles and Shady J's reviews.. Even had a chat or two with Bruno...

ps..I met Gene on a Gov project back around umm 98-99.
I was just curious as what you wrote obviously did not match your registration details and wondered if this was yet another troll/sock puppet account. Of course, I've no way to verify any of your claims :p

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I was just curious as what you wrote obviously did not match your registration details and wondered if this was yet another troll/sock puppet account. Of course, I've no way to verify any of your claims :p
@Trell Well understandable, just as I have no way of verifying your claims to fame..:p Andrew @AcuDefTechGuy and I where on the phone today shooting the Brees so to speak about anything and everything. He's off today he was shopping at his local Walmart where he lives in Oklahoma. Shoot him a inbox if you care I'm sure Andrew will verify to you who I really am.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@Pogre ...Really though if you ever think of selling off your amp that's collecting dust in your closet I am interested of taking it off your hands.. I'm sure your enjoying them nice Dennis speakers you have. Just a note does GMoney ring a bell?;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis