Are These Finds Good Deals?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Pair of JBL L7’s (and a bunch of miscellaeous crap) for $700…

L7’s are in the top 2 spots of “speakers I wish I had never sold.” Strongly resisting the urge here to offer him $500 for the speakers alone. Where was this guy a year ago!!!
500 would be a steal on the L7’s always wanted a pair . The jbl 520’s are supposed to be the European equivalent of the us L7’s . If so I know I’d of liked them .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, looking through classifieds is almost addictive, huh? All it takes is finding one good deal and you're hooked, lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man, looking through classifieds is almost addictive, huh? All it takes is finding one good deal and you're hooked, lol.
Then you find another, and another, and another...

I'd look, but I'll get myself in trouble. I have enough unused speakers taking up space.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Too much for me to spend, but I don't think I've seen a pair of these in this good shape before. KEF Model 4s in excellent condition for $2500.

00d0d_1T3etrJ1lY2z_07K0ak_1200x900.jpg
00909_aK7wDCnwfAxz_07K0ak_1200x900.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I bet these Dali Oberon 9 sound pretty good. He changed his ad but the initial post was funny. He said that they only had 6 hours use but had to sell them because of the neighbours. :D He's got a bunch of other gear for sale too. Needs to sell enough to get out of the apartment and buy a house I think. :) Retail is $2500 US which is around $3000 Cdn so at $2460 Cdn I suppose that's close to discounted retail.
Dali Oberon 9.jpg

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
How often are the excuses like "moving out of the house" or neigbors are just made up reasons for selling. seems like the same story every time which might be true.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
How often are the excuses like "moving out of the house" or neigbors are just made up reasons for selling. seems like the same story every time which might be true.
Yeah, I think the neighbours excuse was a gimmick but enough people commented that he changed the ad. Nice speakers though but not quite a "good deal".

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I bet these Dali Oberon 9 sound pretty good. He changed his ad but the initial post was funny. He said that they only had 6 hours use but had to sell them because of the neighbours. :D He's got a bunch of other gear for sale too. Needs to sell enough to get out of the apartment and buy a house I think. :) Retail is $2500 US which is around $3000 Cdn so at $2460 Cdn I suppose that's close to discounted retail.
View attachment 48252
Craigslist retailers.. A lot of them think they are slick...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I totally remember this Pioneer QX-949 quadrophonic receiver with the circular display on the left. One of my buddies had one. They used phase shift on early recordings to create 2 extra sound channels from a stereo recording. Hearing quad sound for the first time was very cool and it worked quite well for new tech. $500 Cdn.
Pioneer QX-949.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I totally remember this Pioneer QX-949 quadrophonic receiver with the circular display on the left. One of my buddies had one. They used phase shift on early recordings to create 2 extra sound channels from a stereo recording. Hearing quad sound for the first time was very cool and it worked quite well for new tech. $500 Cdn.
View attachment 48253
Way back in the day had a Quad Marantz receiver and a quad 8 track to go with it . Had 4 jbl L-26’s to go with it it was the total experience back then lol !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 48253
That's pretty cool. You do seem to have some good stuff in your area too. You've posted up some nice speakers too.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
Thoughts on this system for $750

(gentleman selling whole set).

NuForce DDA-100 Integrated DAC/Pre/Amplifier

Monitor Audio Silver 3i Bookshelf Speakers in cherry finish

Google Chromecast Audio device

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet High Current 15A

Audioquest Cinnamon toslink optical cable (mini to full)
Connects the Chromecast Audio to the NuForce amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The speakers and stands are nice, but the rest doesn't justify the cost, imo. The speakers by themselves look like they might be selling at around $250 - 300 on fleabay. Those stands do look pretty nice and I'll bet weren't cheap, but that's pure aesthetics. The rest really isn't very exciting to me and the brands tend to cater to the snake oily side of the business.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
The speakers and stands are nice, but the rest doesn't justify the cost, imo. The speakers by themselves look like they might be selling at around $250 - 300 on fleabay. Those stands do look pretty nice and I'll bet weren't cheap, but that's pure aesthetics. The rest really isn't very exciting to me and the brands tend to cater to the snake oily side of the business.
Thanks Pogre

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thoughts on this system for $750

(gentleman selling whole set).

NuForce DDA-100 Integrated DAC/Pre/Amplifier

Monitor Audio Silver 3i Bookshelf Speakers in cherry finish

Google Chromecast Audio device

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet High Current 15A

Audioquest Cinnamon toslink optical cable (mini to full)
Connects the Chromecast Audio to the NuForce amp

Make an offer for the speakers and the DAC/amp and he can keep the rest.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Make an offer for the speakers and the DAC/amp and he can keep the rest.
Might be switching gears altogether. He has more details in this thread with some pics of the room.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Might be switching gears altogether. He has more details in this thread with some pics of the room.

If we could spend his money we could Jack the room up pretty good although that ceiling might be problematic.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Unfortunately all my $$ go into motorcycles hence my limit on audio

You give these fellas a number they’ll help ya out on equipment, placement of speakers etc !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis