What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai

Just arrived as an early birthday gift from the wife; the ABSOLUTE hands-down best-looking UHD Blu-ray image I've seen on the format thus far -- and that's WITH the high frame rate transfer at 60fps. It's almost as if the actors are in the room with you, and the HDR10 elements simply explode off the screen when they should (explosions, shimmers of light, et al).

Absolute demo disc...at least for now. Highly recommended for a collection (the film itself is okay; not terrible and not great).

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Just arrived as an early birthday gift from the wife; the ABSOLUTE hands-down best-looking UHD Blu-ray image I've seen on the format thus far -- and that's WITH the high frame rate transfer at 60fps. It's almost as if the actors are in the room with you, and the HDR10 elements simply explode off the screen when they should (explosions, shimmers of light, et al).

Absolute demo disc...at least for now. Highly recommended for a collection (the film itself is okay; not terrible and not great).​
Yep been wanting that disc. If it goes for $10 or less... Happy almost Bday!

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Yep been wanting that disc. If it goes for $10 or less... Happy almost Bday!
Yeah....I didn't want to pay full price for it either, like with Avengers: Endgame, but the missus apparently found "a good price" on it. :cool:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, brother; it's on Sunday the 16th! :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yikes! Tremendously overrated. Part of the super dumb dumb dumbed down blockbuster pics people can't seem to ring outta there nostalgia factors. If you own the new one well it sorta makes sense. The ship landing is one of if not greatest spectacles ever. Unfortunately the rest of the film is a pile of poo with some really really bad writing.

The original: Wow, the White House blew up!!! That must mean it's a great film?
Me: Uh no.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Yikes! Tremendously overrated. Part of the super dumb dumb dumbed down blockbuster pics people can't seem to ring outta there nostalgia factors. If you own the new one well it sorta makes sense. The ship landing is one of if not greatest spectacles ever. Unfortunately the rest of the film is a pile of poo with some really really bad writing.

The original: Wow, the White House blew up!!! That must mean it's a great film?
Me: Uh no.
1621620630199.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The new one has the ex-president in some weird mental state and has twitches and knows the aliens are coming. Then he supposedly martyrs himself within the alien safety cage while his daughter screams No, daddy! and gets some kind of alien signal knowledge via tentacle strangulation. Except the real downer is he lives! Sure Bill Pullmans acting is great but its still really stupid. Then the guy (who plays the Android from Star Trek) wakes up after 20 years of being in a coma right conveniently as the aliens are returning. Walks around in a hospital gown with his ass hangin out hahaha so funny and well written by popcorn standards is stupid. The gramps who takes the tidal wave ride with his fishing boat when the alien ship lands haha so funny uh no really stupid but weeeee! Or the idiot of a captain who fires upon the 3000-mile wide ship because yanno he's masculine and incompetent and gets fired back upon destroying himself and all his members on their very tiny base. Because the script requires something to blow up and some kind of faux emotion from his pilot daughter I guess. And the alien symbol that looks a lot like a computer on/off button. Creative metaphor, or uncreative laziness?

I've never really gotten the leave your brain at home dumb fun of these popcorn movies? I'd thought you can actually have a fun rollercoaster ride without it being too complex or serious but intelligent and not dumb to the point it's clear Rolland is barfing out a screenplay without any feet on the ground, as the metaphor goes. 2012 is the other film that ranks right up there as the dumbest in the last 15 years or so. Extraordinary visuals on the tidal waves, but the car scene where the ground is falling below them is incredibly lazy and stupid and suggests right around this time Rolland was getting tired of making disaster movies. (He acknowledged as much.) There fun in a cinemasins sorta way for how bad they are, but lets not mix them with Indiana Jones or Back to the Future.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
The new one has the ex-president in some weird mental state and has twitches and knows the aliens are coming. Then he supposedly martyrs himself within the alien safety cage while his daughter screams No, daddy! and gets some kind of alien signal knowledge via tentacle strangulation. Except the real downer is he lives! Sure Bill Pullmans acting is great but its still really stupid. Then the guy (who plays the Android from Star Trek) wakes up after 20 years of being in a coma right conveniently as the aliens are returning. Walks around in a hospital gown with his ass hangin out hahaha so funny and well written by popcorn standards is stupid. The gramps who takes the tidal wave ride with his fishing boat when the alien ship lands haha so funny uh no really stupid but weeeee! Or the idiot of a captain who fires upon the 3000-mile wide ship because yanno he's masculine and incompetent and gets fired back upon destroying himself and all his members on their very tiny base. Because the script requires something to blow up and some kind of faux emotion from his pilot daughter I guess. And the alien symbol that looks a lot like a computer on/off button. Creative metaphor, or uncreative laziness?

I've never really gotten the leave your brain at home dumb fun of these popcorn movies? I'd thought you can actually have a fun rollercoaster ride without it being too complex or serious but intelligent and not dumb to the point it's clear Rolland is barfing out a screenplay without any feet on the ground, as the metaphor goes. 2012 is the other film that ranks right up there as the dumbest in the last 15 years or so. Extraordinary visuals on the tidal waves, but the car scene where the ground is falling below them is incredibly lazy and stupid and suggests right around this time Rolland was getting tired of making disaster movies. (He acknowledged as much.) There fun in a cinemasins sorta way for how bad they are, but lets not mix them with Indiana Jones or Back to the Future.
The sequel was FAR inferior to the classic, engaging original. It doesn't even FEEL like the same director did it, and IMO it isn't even fair to compare the two. What a wasted opportunity with Resurgence...:mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis