Time to update/upgrade the av receiver...

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Crap, really? I thought 4000 would be better than 3600 or 3700.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Editor app compatibility starts with the 4300 and up. The 4000 does have MultEQ XT32 with sub eq, which is good, but you won't be able to use the editor.
  • Denon AV Receiver: AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S930H, AVR-S730H, AVR-S920W, AVR-S720W. Selected upcoming 2017 Denon Network AV receivers will support the app as well.
  • Marantz AV Receiver: AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, NR1607. Not compatible with Marantz models other than those listed above. Selected upcoming 2017 Marantz Network AV receivers will support the app as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes and no. It's a step above the 3000 series, but It's an older receiver. Quite a bit older in the world of electronics.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Well, it was only $300 shipped, so I won't complain too much

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What is the editor app called?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, it was only $300 shipped, so I won't complain too much
You are getting a more advanced room correction program with XT32/SubEQ so I don't think you made a lateral move or a step back so there's that. You can now also add separate amplification down the road with a full set of preouts too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The X series of avrs from lower to upper goes from the 1000 series, 2000, 3000, 4000, 6000, 7000, 8000 so far (but no current 7000 series, altho the 7200 in its time was the flagship model). Within each model range, the second digit differentiates it from previous, your 4000 was the first of that series, it's currently on 4700. I've got a Denon avr from around that time that was the flagship that year and has the odd model number of 4520. Current flagship is the 8500. They used to have different 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx and 5xxx series, too :), I've got an older 3808 from that range.

With your X4000 you might have some limitations compared to more modern gear on the 4k aspects IIRC. Definitely a more capable avr than yout 500 was, tho.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
My new (to me) re river came this morning! Denon avr x4000! It doesn't work. No sound. I took the top off and found all of the visible pin connectors had been unplugged. I plugged them in and that got it to turn on and function, except for the sound. So that was a waste of $350. Does anyone here have a spare receiver I can buy? Something decent...hey, does anyone know what I should look for inside to fix it?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
My new (to me) re river came this morning! Denon avr x4000! It doesn't work. No sound. I took the top off and found all of the visible pin connectors had been unplugged. I plugged them in and that got it to turn on and function, except for the sound. So that was a waste of $350. Does anyone here have a spare receiver I can buy? Something decent...hey, does anyone know what I should look for inside to fix it?
That's what I was trying to warn about. When it comes to stuff like AVR's, it's better to buy new ones. Bite the bullet, forgo extra savings and get something new.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Lesson learned. I'm interested in anthem. Also emotiva. Anyone have any pros or cons for either?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Lesson learned. I'm interested in anthem. Also emotiva. Anyone have any pros or cons for either?
I always viewed Anthem AVR's as kind of overpriced. With that being said, I feel the same way about Marantz. Emotiva is not popular around these parts.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Again you fell for the hype. Should've bought the Yamaha. I can see how people are misleading you. I too was a victim of the overhyped product and then after owning 2 of them.
Convinced myself never to get a "Denon". Bought the Yamaha and it actually enhanced my listening experience so much more.

Sold the Denon as the remote failed and the buttons just started popping off. They have the worst remote.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Again you fell for the hype. Should've bought the Yamaha. I can see how people are misleading you. I too was a victim of the overhyped product and then after owning 2 of them.
Convinced myself never to get a "Denon". Bought the Yamaha and it actually enhanced my listening experience so much more.

Sold the Denon as the remote failed and the buttons just started popping off. They have the worst remote.

No no, to Yamaha, YPAO is horrible. I have a Yahama, weak amps, and terrible auto cal. Denon's are a much better bang for the buck. What he shouldn't have done was buy used from a private owner. Don't do that unless it is really really cheap or worth taking a chance.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
No no, to Yamaha, YPAO is horrible. I have a Yahama, weak amps, and terrible auto cal. Denon's are a much better bang for the buck.
Maybe for you, but for me the Yamaha they made my Speakers come to life.

Audyssey has terrible processing.Denon always sounded flat and inaccurate for music. I even tried the multi eq app and it never worked to my favor. $20 gone waste, seriously.
I sold the Denon for around $300, and used that money for speaker stands.

YPAO RSC is so much better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis