Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's some BS. They just don't want to deal with it. Make them fix it or send it to someone that can and make them pay for it. No way in hell am I going to scrap my car because someone else broke it trying to do a repair.

Our dealership here is so incompetent they couldn't diagnose a tank of bad gas when I told them "it's probably bad gas, can you please drain the tank and try it?" Nope, kept it a month or so and I had to pay for a rental because at the time I traveled out of town for work a lot.

Turns out (wait for it) IT WAS BAD GAS. Guy tells my wife "that would have been nice to know". I probably would have punched him. I can't take that level of incompetence/stupidity and just not caring how much you're screwing with someone's life.
I talked to the manager at the dealer and he said he had worked for Subaru for many years and he had never seen, or even heard of, something like this happening. It is corporate Subaru, not the dealer, who don't want to repair it. They already did once initially and here we are a year later and that repair failed. Based on that, they don't think it can be properly repaired now. Since there is liability on their part, this is an easier solution for them. They at least gave me a loaner for those 2 months. I am pissed to say the least.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I talked to the manager at the dealer and he said he had worked for Subaru for many years and he had never seen, or even heard of, something like this happening. It is corporate Subaru, not the dealer, who don't want to repair it. They already did once initially and here we are a year later and that repair failed. Based on that, they don't think it can be properly repaired now. Since there is liability on their part, this is an easier solution for them. They at least gave me a loaner for those 2 months. I am pissed to say the least.
Oh damn. That's enough to permanently turn someone off a brand. You'd think they might want some good press after the recall news of almost a million vehicles.

Sorry this is happening. That really sucks.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Man J, that is really crap from them. Is this your sti forester?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Man J, that is really crap from them. Is this your sti forester?
I sold the Forester to buy an STI sedan, which I still have. This was a WRX wagon I picked up later on from the original owner for a great price. Still arguing with Subaru on the details. They ARE working with me, but I think I am still getting the short end of the stick.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of stink, I deep cleaned my Weber genesis grill first time today since I bought it back in 2014.
Mountains of grease and grime.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Speaking of stink, I deep cleaned my Weber genesis grill first time today since I bought it back in 2014.
Mountains of grease and grime.
Yeah, but that new look though. I rebuilt my Weber kettle and it was really simple and looked brand new when I was done. Don't think I'll ever get another brand.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
They call that "well seasoned"
Last summer during a particularly hot day, I warmed it up nice and extra hot grilling a few steaks. After they were done (medium) I turned off the gas, but between hot weather and still-hot grill, grease/fat decided to continue burning and I barely avoided burning down the entire grill (at least any/all plastic parts, including the gas pipes)

Learn from my mistake folks - don't over "season" your grills

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
They call that "well seasoned"
Last summer during a particularly hot day, I warmed it up nice and extra hot grilling a few steaks. After they were done (medium) I turned off the gas, but between hot weather and still-hot grill, grease/fat decided to continue burning and I barely avoided burning down the entire grill (at least any/all plastic parts, including the gas pipes)

Learn from my mistake folks - don't over "season" your grills
Ha. The second I read the "well seasoned" post first thought was "oh yes, seasoning is great till it catches your grill on fire." And here you went ahead and did just that.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought that was a clever way to describe the family that I visited 'again' in Oklahoma. ;)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I thought that was a clever way to describe the family that I visited 'again' in Oklahoma. ;)
Not wanting to hate a few crazy family members is one of the reasons I gave up Facebook. Hard to have a discussion with people who believe in "alternative facts".

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
New game to play with my right leaning friends:

Make up random stupid sh!t and falsely source Fox News.

Example: More people get mauled by Chihuahuas than by Pit Bulls.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
New game to play with my right leaning friends:

Make up random stupid sh!t and falsely source Fox News.

Example: More people get mauled by Chihuahuas than by Pit Bulls.
I’m still in shock that the Earth really is flat.
4ED06F28-D4EC-41F6-BF17-0272D6124E67.jpeg
Source: Fox News Obtains Top Secret NASA Images

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis