Are These Finds Good Deals?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I hate those guys. Always scouring Craigslist and jumping on all the good stuff! :p

Hey, check this out. JBL powered monitors for 50 bucks! I've texted this guy several times and can't get a reply...

View attachment 47144

The guys I'm talking about have better sources than Craigslist.. I can think of 3 of them offhand , who always seem to have good stuff slightly overpriced .. I've heard anecdotal stories that guys like these have the goodwills ( and other thrift stores ) wired.. Of the 3 guys.. 1 is in far north Phoenix 1 in awatukee and one in mesa...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When my wife gets home ima try texting him from her phone. I'm actually tryna get them for NIN. Well, I kinda wanna check 'em out too of course. It's not like I'm gonna be crushed if I can't get them, but at this point I'm getting pissed because the little bastard is straight up ignoring me!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The guys I'm talking about have better sources than Craigslist.. I can think of 3 of them offhand , who always seem to have good stuff slightly overpriced .. I've heard anecdotal stories that guys like these have the goodwills ( and other thrift stores ) wired.. Of the 3 guys.. 1 is in far north Phoenix 1 in awatukee and one in mesa...
Ohh... man, it'd be pretty cool if you had buddies working at Goodwill on tap that call you when something good comes in.

I know that's not necessarily what you're saying, but that's what popped into my head. I haven't seen anything but garbage there. One time there was a JBL sub, a 550p iirc. An okay sub, but pretty beat up and they wanted $150 for it.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Ohh... man, it'd be pretty cool if you had buddies working at Goodwill on tap that call you when something good comes in.

I know that's not necessarily what you're saying, but that's what popped into my head. I haven't seen anything but garbage there. One time there was a JBL sub, a 550p iirc. An okay sub, but pretty beat up and they wanted $150 for it.
That's my understanding.. Anecdotal as it may be...i have heard there are some guy's that pay gw employees to give them heads up.. Very much against gw policy...but it is a profitable move if it works.. I would assume it doesn't break any laws, but gw employees stand to get fired i would assume...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

That's why I don't go to goodwill anymore. Most of it isn't good. It's either craigslist or garage sales or facebook.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, the VR-4's in Tennessee sold. And the guy in DC with the BP-20's said the tweeters popped back out and work fine so he won't budge on price.

Looks like I don't get to throw away any money this weekend.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
That's why I don't go to goodwill anymore. Most of it isn't good. It's either craigslist or garage sales or facebook.
The Goodwill's around my house are TERRIBLE for electronics. They must have people checking every day or getting tipped of. I have been using them a bit for CD's though. $2 each. It's kind of fun to go buy a CD for the cost of a Soda and have something to listen to. Usually older stuff I like.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
This switcher, is this something a guy could use for quick A/B switching between 2 sets of speakers for listening tests? This one is only 15 bucks.

Here is the link for that switch. Says it's rated at 100W RMS 200W peak, separate left and right ground, and accomodates up to 14 gauge wire. Amp must be rated down to 4 ohms. Sounds like it's more sophisticated than a simple mechanical switch. Would be handy if you have another system besides the one in the living room for testing.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis