Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
No Formula One race in Montreal this year due to Covid restrictions. ;_;

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
No Formula One race in Montreal this year due to Covid restrictions. ;_;
And Turkey instead?!?!

I'm still undecided if I want to go to Austin this year, but I think Austin is still undecided too. There's normally communication from the track and still, nothing.

"Ok, Pierre."

:p:p

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
What do you all think of the new qualifying format for this weeks race?

Can't get that link to display anything? I have the PVR set to record quali and the race. Just watched today's results on the F1 YouTube channel. I'll have to read up on the new system when I get home from work. I loved racing the Silverstone track in the '67 Grand Prix Legends sim, but that was before they added all of the dumb chicanes everywhere. :D The two races in Austria were fun to watch.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well Verstappen must like the new format !

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
What do you all think of the new qualifying format for this weeks race?

Darn PVR recorded the pre-show but had a conflict with the Sprint so I had to watch highlights on Youtube. I don't mind traditional qualifying but I think the Sprint is good for the sport. Much more excitement for fans on Saturday and adds some unpredictability.

I'd be curious to read a transcript from the race stewards on the Verstappen / Hamilton race incident. After hearing various opinions I am leaning towards a racing incident. Verstappen cut in with the expectation that Hamilton had backed off but Hamilton still had room between his car and the apex, so they both contributed. The stewards were crafty. By assessing the lesser 10 second penalty they gave Hamilton enough time to catch LeClerc and give the crowd a British victory. Co-incidence? :D

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
First off, I'm not sure I liked the format so much. Best scenario for a driver is they move up a couple of spots on the grid. Worst case is there's a mishap, there's not time to recover, and they go to the back of the grid. In the end it really only effects the race for those who had mishaps.

As far as penalties, I'm of the opinion that the stewards are overzealous giving them out. Let them race! Most the penalties they administer are just racing incidents and should not have penalties. By assessing penalties for these they discourage the type of racing they want to encourage! It's totally absurd. Keep penalties for just the full on stupid mistakes. Not for drivers trying to go wheel to wheel and race through a turn.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched a Netflix special on Schumacher. Like Hamilton, he started off from very humble beginnings as well. IHO, he still ranks as the best Formula1 Driver out there because he took Ferrari which was a very broken team with a really sh?t car and transformed Ferrari back to their former glory. He would close up shop with the mechanics looking for ways to improve the car while the car was in development. He treated the Ferrari team like an extension of his family. Its easy to win championships in cars that are already the best in the pack but quite another to nurse and develop a sh?t car into something viable and start winning races. Ferrari's last trip to the podium before Schumacher agreed to drive was back in 1979, the year I graduated from high school.

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I watched a Netflix special on Schumacher. Like Hamilton, he started off from very humble beginnings as well. IHO, he still ranks as the best Formula1 Driver out there because he took Ferrari which was a very broken team with a really sh?t car and transformed Ferrari back to their former glory. He would close up shop with the mechanics looking for ways to improve the car while the car was in development. He treated his team like an extension of his family. Its easy to win championships in cars that are already the best in the pack but quite another to nurse and develop a sh?t car into something viable and start winning races.
I enjoyed the Shoey documentary too.

It's also why I put a * on Hamilton. No doubt he's one of the greats. However, MB cars are so far ahead of everyone else's. So much so that no matter who they put in the 2nd seat that person is vying for a championship and taking wins.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I watched a Netflix special on Schumacher. Like Hamilton, he started off from very humble beginnings as well. IHO, he still ranks as the best Formula1 Driver out there because he took Ferrari which was a very broken team with a really sh?t car and transformed Ferrari back to their former glory. He would close up shop with the mechanics looking for ways to improve the car while the car was in development. He treated his team like an extension of his family. Its easy to win championships in cars that are already the best in the pack but quite another to nurse and develop a sh?t car into something viable and start winning races.
Cool, that's on my list to watch. Loved their Drive to Survive series and the doc on Senna.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Cool, that's on my list to watch. Loved their Drive to Survive series and the doc on Senna.
I have to watch that one next. Schumacher and Senna locked horns a few times and Senna tried to show the young upstart who was boss but Schumacher wasnt having any of that.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow. Actual full coverage today on ABC. Danica is doing a good job.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to say that this season of formula 1 is going to be really interesting based on the two races I've seen so far. Mercedez Benz no longer dominates the pack and Lewis needs to drive really hard to make it into the points. RedBull and Ferarri appear to be evenly matched. McClaren also looks stronger this year. It will be an interesting year.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have to say that this season of formula 1 is going to be really interesting based on the two races I've seen so far. Mercedez Benz no longer dominates the pack and Lewis needs to drive really hard to make it into the points. RedBull and Ferarri appear to be evenly matched. McClaren also looks stronger this year. It will be an interesting year.
Agree. So far the racing has been great this year.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, looks like the rule changes are having the desired effect finally. Run away pole winners are no fun to watch. Very entertaining so far.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while myself, more of an Indy Car fan, this should be a fun time .........

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Good race at Zandvoort last weekend. Lots of changes in the order and team strategies really came into play. Difficult track to pass on but the new cars appear to allow for closer racing and more passing opportunities. Don't think anyone is going to catch Verstappen this year though. He's dominating now much the way Hamilton used to.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
F1 needs to mix things up, think outside the box, whatever. I lost a lot of interest in F1 over the past few years, same with NASCAR, pretty much just concentrate on Indy Car, IMSA and some NHRA
Same here. F1 is pretty predictable once the P1 is announced. CashCar, with rules changes all the time, and crazy penalties and this NextGen car and the "TV driven attempt to get viewers for all of the evening races which most getting raced out or shortened. I've always enjoyed IMSA and Indy and as far as NHRA, I actually enjoyed the older classes, SS, modified production and stock classes vs the TF, Funny and ProStock classes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis