highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I thought a smart guy (I'm not being sarcastic) like you would know why nobody acted.
Why Do We Help Less When There Is a Crowd? | Psychology Today

On top of that, if a person, or persons, had intervened and prevented Floyd's death, what do you think would have been the consequences for those interveners? The onus would absolutely be on them to prove that Floyd would have died if they had not acted. Of course, they wouldn't be able to prove what would then be pure conjecture.

While people in the crowd were worried that Floyd might die, nobody knew with certainty that it would happen. As outlined in the link I provided, people in crowds tend not to act to help people in distress. Asking them to help someone in distress at the hands of police is on an entirely different level.

I'm not at all surprised that nobody intervened. I don't blame them and neither should you.
Enough name-calling! :)

There was no certainty- I don't know how anyone could think certainty existed but someone could have been a bit more assertive. After the "why would anyone do something that could result in the police shooting them?" comments, the one thing that rings in my mind is "George Floyd fought and he wasn't shot". The guns were holstered. Chauvin's hands were in his pockets, FFS!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's not that he's a imposing presence, it's that if you are a fellow officer and you put a stop to it you are toast by your own organization. Google Cariol Horne.

She prevented her partner from choking someone and she was made a pariah. Her story goes along my lines that if, as an organization, you don't take care of your bad apples they will eventually do something you can't cover up. Her ex-partner ended up spending 4 months in the Federal Pen for assault on a suspect.

She tried telling em...
Here's another example of a good cop being punished for trying to do the right thing. While it has an emotional bent, it is factual.
Good Cop Stephen Mader Fired For REFUSING to Shoot A Black Person - Hollywood Insider

His fellow cops who called him a coward are clearly lacking in self-awareness and don't understand the meaning of the term. If I was hiring for another police department, I'd be searching for Stephen Mader to offer him a job.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Here's another example of a good cop being punished for trying to do the right thing. While it has an emotional bent, it is factual.
Good Cop Stephen Mader Fired For REFUSING to Shoot A Black Person - Hollywood Insider

His fellow cops who called him a coward are clearly lacking in self-awareness and don't understand the meaning of the term. If I was hiring for another police department, I'd be searching for Stephen Mader to offer him a job.
It's called the Blue Code. Many of those Police men are bought off or even the whole dept. Usually by the one's who really run the city that they are working for. Corruption runs deep in just about ever Police dept in this country. Should also state that even at the Federal level. FBI, CIA, and so on. Organized syndicates, even have Spies agents "plants" in USA Gov.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Enough name-calling! :)

There was no certainty- I don't know how anyone could think certainty existed but someone could have been a bit more assertive. After the "why would anyone do something that could result in the police shooting them?" comments, the one thing that rings in my mind is "George Floyd fought and he wasn't shot". The guns were holstered. Chauvin's hands were in his pockets, FFS!
Yes, someone could have been more assertive. But, I don't think we are in any position to pass judgement. I haven't read up on all of the facts of this incident, so I don't know what level of resistance Floyd put up. And, resisting is one thing. Conducting what might be perceived as an assault on a police officer is another thing, eliciting an entirely different response from the cops..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's call the Blue Code. Many of those Police men are bought off or even the whole dept. Usually by the one's who really run the city that they are working for. Corruption runs deep in just about ever Police dept in this country.
That's a sad state of affairs.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, someone could have been more assertive. But, I don't think we are in any position to pass judgement. I haven't read up on all of the facts of this incident, so I don't know what level of resistance Floyd put up. And, resisting is one thing. Conducting what might be perceived as an assault on a police officer is another thing, eliciting an entirely different response from the cops..
Who's passing judgement? Again, I wrote that I was surprised- nowhere, did I blame the crowd for anything.

Situations change so fast and people are unpredictable but Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for nine minutes- that should have been enough time for someone to find a way to stop it (starting with the cops who were involved).

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Who's passing judgement? Again, I wrote that I was surprised- nowhere, did I blame the crowd for anything.

Situations change so fast and people are unpredictable but Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for nine minutes- that should have been enough time for someone to find a way to stop it (starting with the cops who were involved).
Sounds like you're passing judgement...or is that just gas?;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
In the crowd that witnessed George Floyd's murder, someone did do something.

A teen aged girl, Darnella Frazier, made a video that graphically showed how deliberate Chauvin was as he slowly killed Floyd. That video caused Chauvin to loose his job, along with 3 other policemen, and it became key evidence against him in his murder trial.

What Frazier did was smarter than directly interfering with armed and apparently callously aggressive police.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

A teen aged girl, Darnella Frazier, made a video that graphically showed how deliberate Chauvin was as he slowly killed Floyd. That video caused Chauvin to loose his job, along with 3 other policemen, and it became key evidence against him in his murder trial.

What Frazier did was smarter than directly interfering with armed and apparently callously aggressive police.
There's no way Chauvin would have been convicted without that video.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
My personal experience is they are highly and properly trained to be azzholes. They are trained to escalate, they are trained to attempt to turn everything into an investigation. I've had in my lifetime three instances with LEO 100% instigated by LEO while minding my own business. I also think they are equal opportunity azzholes. Not some diabolical racist cabal.

I'm also willing to take each occurrence on it's own merits. I'm glad cops are wearing body cams as it keeps everyone accountable and generally they exonerate police more now that they have them.

Police are asked to do way to much and budgets can be better allocated and some sorts of interactions taken off their plate.
There's no doubt cops can be douchnipples on an equal opportunity basis.. But that doesn't account for the100s of vids of people of color being treated like criminals upon initial encounters...if there were 100s of videos of white folks being treated as badly I'd say you even had a point....our entire justice system has been altered in the last 40 years to further profit and justify increases in funding .. That and the cut funding of many of the 60s social programs under false assumptions should be all you need to know.. Alas.. It's probably going to be many more years before any real enlightenment occurs.. It's purely obvious that pointing a finger at immigrants and bellowing out about "taken money" totalling a few million offsets somehow the trillion $$ tax breaks given to the uber wealthy " job creators" .. When in reality the only job creator an economy needs is a population with disposable income...people that are too fukkin stoopid and selfish to be able to add those #s up are getting just what they deserve... The rest of us are getting screwed...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Where it not for her filming the murder the police narrative that there was nothing untoward in Floyd's death would have prevailed. One poster is adamantly putting the blame on the unarmed black onlookers for not preventing the murder by attacking armed LEO instead of repeatedly pleading with the white LEO not to kill the black person.

It's akin to blame the rape victim because she/he (yes, not a typo) is pretty.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

How about we start with his 3 co workers and call it a day rather than this new variant of blame the victims...???

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How about we start with his 3 co workers and call it a day rather than this new variant of blame the victims...???
"If she where not so pretty she would not have been raped and my client has no blame for his actions"

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

That girl should be remembered in the same light as Rosa Parks.. The city ought to include her in any ceremony involving a memorium to George Floyd.. She a hero.. And .. Btw .. Anybody that disagrees with me is welcome to do so... As soon as they get done kissing my ass...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Winner!! But still DAAAM!!! Thats the kind of sh$t they did back in the 50's on a regular basis. That kind of Over use of Policing isn't Law-Enforcement. If Our Leaders that are in office don't change the laws on the books on over use of Tactics that those law-enforcement departments are trained to use. Then they are giving that kind of Police action to be used on anyone and everyone. It took a Human being dying on video with witnesses. But don't kid yourself's, Organized crime, Drug Cartels, Mafia all the same in my book do worse that that plus they film it.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Winner!! But still DAAAM!!! Thats the kind of sh$t they did back in the 50's on a regular basis. That kind of Over use of Policing isn't Law-Enforcement. If Our Leaders that are in office don't change the laws on the books on over use of Tactics that those law-enforcement departments are trained to use. Then they are giving that kind of Police action to be used on anyone and everyone. It took a Human being dying on video with witnesses. But don't kid yourself's, Organized crime, Drug Cartels, Mafia all the same in my book do worse that that plus they film it.
But drug cartels aren't funded by taxes paid by the victims... Well at least openly funded anyway.. Iran / contra would indicate that taxpayer money does fund drug cartels that are aligned with the cia...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
But drug cartels aren't funded by taxes paid by the victims... Well at least openly funded anyway.. Iran / contra would indicate that taxpayer money does fund drug cartels that are aligned with the cia...
Lol, they buy off Politicians, judges, lawyers law-enforcement the list is long and even presidencies And congressmen and senators. Don't forget the house of representatives for each state in this USA nation of ours.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My personal experience is they are highly and properly trained to be azzholes. They are trained to escalate, they are trained to attempt to turn everything into an investigation. I've had in my lifetime three instances with LEO 100% instigated by LEO while minding my own business. I also think they are equal opportunity azzholes. Not some diabolical racist cabal.

I'm also willing to take each occurrence on it's own merits. I'm glad cops are wearing body cams as it keeps everyone accountable and generally they exonerate police more now that they have them.

Police are asked to do way to much and budgets can be better allocated and some sorts of interactions taken off their plate.
Thing is, it's all departmental. Some are good, some are bad.

After Floyd was killed you saw a LOT of different reactions by police departments. A lot of them marched WITH people because they don't tolerate "bad apples" in their department. A lot did the opposite and pepper sprayed and gassed anyone that got near them.

Where I've lived I've noticed some very specific behaviors when it comes to law enforcement. When I was in highschool, cops were jerks to teenagers. Every time I interacted with one, they were jerks. Got a gun pulled on me because I got pulled over and my window didn't roll down so I opened my door. That was not a fun experience.

Same with College and after. All different towns, but cops were all typically jerks or just pissed they had to be wherever they were.

Sheriff deputies on the other hand have generally always been nice. Same with state troopers here in TX. My father in law is a deputy and was a trooper. He's always been a good dude that get's pissed at a$$hole cops just as much as anyone. He agrees that it's the department. He's seen it himself. They're actively taught to be scared of everyone, or think they're going to get shot by everyone. He's never been taught any of that.

All this is department based. The department chooses to let the "bad apples" run the place and it shows where that's happening. If the department doesn't let those types run the place, people have a vastly different experience. Departments that aren't held accountable by the city won't change either.

The issue is much bigger than individual cops.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis