Personal Review of Yamaha RX-A1080

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thank you! Those are Hsu VTF-3 MK5s. I also have a RBH SV 1212NR behind me for some nearfield tactile bass too!

View attachment 46877

Lol that sub is insane I really need to up my subage game to newer and better and current technology my old jbl subs are just not getting me where I want to be anymore that’s a great setup !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lol that sub is insane I really need to up my subage game to newer and better and current technology my old jbl subs are just not getting me where I want to be anymore that’s a great setup !
Thanks Mark. Like you, there's some time, effort and saving that went into it. I put it together over several years and learned a lot about dialing it all in from my time here. I like your setup and room too. I'll bet your kit sounds pretty damned nice too.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks Mark. Like you, there's some time, effort and saving that went into it. I put it together over several years and learned a lot about dialing it all in from my time here. I like your setup and room too. I'll bet your kit sounds pretty damned nice too.
Your welcome man yea it’s taken a few years lot of time searching for good quality amps trying out good gear I ve sold to get here . Iam prejudice but yea I think it sounds awesome and is only limited by the source material that’s played threw it you get it and clearly have that too and that’s what you really want in a system the better the source the better it sounds then you know you’ve done your work . Good gear if maintained lasts a long time if not abused. Dialing them in is the reward for the time spent . There’s seriously good advice on this forum for help I don’t post much but I take in the real knowledge that’s put forth by you fellas hell I’ve had gear clear back to 1974 good gear too but I’ve learned a lot here from fellas it’s appreciated !
Best Regards !

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I think Im unequivocably, the biggest Yamaha fan in here. My equipment list speaks to that. I think AUDESSY does a better job on paper than YPAO but whether that's audible has yet to be determined in a proper listening test. Im now a miniDSP fanboy having dialed in 2 subs, soon to be 3 in the greatroom. Im happy you are enjoying your Yammy.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I think Im unequivocably, the biggest Yamaha fan in here. My equipment list speaks to that. I think AUDESSY does a better job on paper than YPAO but whether that's audible has yet to be determined in a proper listening test. Im now a miniDSP fanboy having dialed in 2 subs, soon to be 3 in the greatroom. Im happy you are enjoying your Yammy.
Make room on the Yammy wagon there all I have and all I’ve used for the last 30 years great gear !

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What miniDSP product do you have and what do you use the miniDSP for?

Parametric EQ for the sub? Room correction?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What miniDSP product do you have and what do you use the miniDSP for?

Parametric EQ for the sub? Room correction?
MiniDSP2x4HD used to dial in the subs. If you go to the Pros&Joes room and look at my last 4 to 5 posts, for my secondary system or greatroom thread, you will read my story of how I went about it along with supporting measurements and room pics

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis