Can you hear a difference in Sound between Audio Amplifiers?

Do Amplifiers Sound Different?

• Yes

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 30.4%
  • crikets crickets....What?

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
but I think there are too many people who do hear the difference to discount that.
But there were, probably still are some people who thought/said the earth was flat! It does look flat too for sure.:D

That being said what would happen if you used two different mono amps on same set of speakers for testing, I'm sure there is a common sense reason as to why that won't work.
Funny you brought this up, I had actually done something similar and there was no issue, in fact even sound stage was completely audibly intact, with dead center sound when it was supposed to be.

It's actually a great point and anyone who is using external amps with AVRs can try it easily any time.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know, I used to visit super high-end audio shops and they always had music playing, I don't know exactly how much the speakers that I heard cost. Anyway, my thinking is if I paid 20K for a pair of speakers, which is a lot of money to me, what should I expect to hear on pair of 50K speakers that I did not hear on my 20K speakers, where is the point of diminishing returns? I should be able to get audibly transparent, high fidelity speakers with 20K max, if not, someone is doing a bad job of constructing speakers.
Valid points which leads into the point I made that IMO, 10-15K is the sweet spot. I think most here agree that ones expenditure on speakers with respect to equipment is of prime importance. So if your comfort level is 5k , 50k or something in between so long as your 'happy' button is pushed then that is all that matters and yes I've heard plenty of sub 10k speakers that sounded very good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
But there were, probably still are some people who thought/said the earth was flat! ...
:) Yep, there is at least one such club with a model they created how it works.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And covid is a hoax? And Trump won the election? And the earth was created in 7 days? Ill just keep watching reruns of the XFiles thank you.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And covid is a hoax? And Trump won the election? And the earth was created in 7 days? Ill just keep watching reruns of the XFiles thank you.
Well, but way back then a day's length was not measure properly, no atomic clocks around. ;) :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Funny but unfortunately true that if someone says something enough times, someone (lots) will believe it is true whether it is or not, eventually..

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Funny but unfortunately true that if someone says something enough times, someone (lots) will believe it is true whether it is or not, eventually..
And facts don't matter anymore at that point unfortunately :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis