Synergistic Research challenge to Audioholics.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Trying to equate cables to cars is super flawed. Touting the "performance benefits" of a speaker cable is like saying this gas pedal gives you more performance for your car. You'd be better off comparing cars to speakers, where you're paying for performance and looks, and there is a point of diminishing returns to each.
You mean this won't make my car go faster?

Dammit.

1618150584603.png

highfigh

highfigh

But I go back to my original premise, if a person has spent $50k on amplifiers and $85k on speakers why shouldn't they be able to spend $8k on a power cord? If you take the $50k amplifier and put it next to a $10k Magtech, or some other well built amplifier, you measure them in their respective operating ranges, can you tell the difference? If you take a $30 power cord and measure it against a $900 power cord or a $8k power cord there will be little to no difference and what difference there may be will have no audible difference in the real world. Should we shut down every company selling power cords for more than $30?
It's not about the price, it's about the claims made and the practice of perpetuating the myths. They use all kinds of flowery terminology that has nothing to do with the supposed experience and when I see or hear someone comment that "your system must not resolve well enough" or "It's experiential", it really pisses me off. The first is an implied insult and the second is basically saying "Well, it's fine if you can't hear it, but that only means you can't hear well enough". I know someone who use the latter and over the years, he has said that he went to a lot of shows where the SPL was very high, so I doubt he can hear as well as he thinks. From visits to his last house, I KNOW he can't hear phase cancellations and has no freaking idea how to properly position speakers, but that doesn't prevent him using super-duper power cords, speaker cables and interconnects. Even has cable supports. Told me that his new power cords reduced amp warm-up from a few hours to about 20 minutes. And this guy is a sales rep for audio equipment & accessories!

Those companies can exist, but they shouldn't be allowed to make baseless claims and get away with it.

highfigh

highfigh

If this were true, they wouldn't be paying their congress people so much to fight taxes.

This premise is just another part (small) of their propaganda campaign to keep people from fully supporting taxing the wealthy. Classify it under the "fait accompli" so "Why bother it doesn't help anyway" reasoning.
I take it that you're implying that the ones paying Congress to keep taxes down are Republican, right? Take a gander at the list of the wealthiest people and look at the political affiliation, then look at their political contributions before making these claims.

The wealthy know how to manage their money far better than most and the ones who don't end up broke. They have ways to reduce their tax liability and it's because they have the money to buy whatever it is that makes it possible. I know someone who's pretty wealthy and their thinking is "If I'm paying a lot in taxes, it means I'm making money". I'm sure they have tons of write-offs, but this is a healthy way to look at it, IMO.

Something the wealthy do that most seem to ignore- they pay their FICA on earned income, just like the rest of us, but do they collect it? I haven't heard anyone who's wealthy say they care about that. The difference is that they make far more in capital gains, which isn't taxed as much as regular income. Social Security benefits is like pocket change, to them.

Biden's plan to tax businesses to fund the infrastructure stimulus will have effects that he seems to think are unlikely and now, Yellin says she wants a universal corporate tax, to make trade more fair. That and other global initiatives show a desire to have one government, but who'll lead it? Al Gore has said that universal health coverage is a good step toward world government- he should go and rot somewhere.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
I take it that you're implying that the ones paying Congress to keep taxes down are Republican, right? Take a gander at the list of the wealthiest people and look at the political affiliation, then look at their political contributions before making these claims.

The wealthy know how to manage their money far better than most and the ones who don't end up broke. They have ways to reduce their tax liability and it's because they have the money to buy whatever it is that makes it possible. I know someone who's pretty wealthy and their thinking is "If I'm paying a lot in taxes, it means I'm making money". I'm sure they have tons of write-offs, but this is a healthy way to look at it, IMO.

Something the wealthy do that most seem to ignore- they pay their FICA on earned income, just like the rest of us, but do they collect it? I haven't heard anyone who's wealthy say they care about that. The difference is that they make far more in capital gains, which isn't taxed as much as regular income. Social Security benefits is like pocket change, to them.

Biden's plan to tax businesses to fund the infrastructure stimulus will have effects that he seems to think are unlikely and now, Yellin says she wants a universal corporate tax, to make trade more fair. That and other global initiatives show a desire to have one government, but who'll lead it? Al Gore has said that universal health coverage is a good step toward world government- he should go and rot somewhere.
There are wealthy Republicans and Democrats. Republicans seem to be more visible and don't try to hide in the shadows as much, but they are not the exclusive owners of doing whatever it takes to maintain and grow their wealth.

I look at things from a different perspective. I look at what is, and then try to think about what would improve things. Many others look at "fixes" and try to either discredit them or become cheerleaders. There are no simple fixes to many of our economic and societal maladies. Doing nothing or doubling down on things which haven't worked in the past will not get us where we need to be.

Healthcare is an interesting issue. Looking at the overall state of healthcare in the US I think some thing we can all agree on is that it costs more (per capita) than healthcare in other "1st world" countries and the outcomes are worse than in those same countries. So that begs the question, what can the US do to change this?

How can we reduce costs while improving outcomes. That is the goal in my opinion. A number of proposals have been put forth by progressives, but I have not seen any plans put forth by conservatives. It would be great to be able to compare the pros and cons of two (or more) comprehensive proposals. All we can do at present is look at the broken system we have and compare it to the progressive's proposals. In my opinion what we currently have sucks.

Discussing politics is not what this forum is about, and while I have views on politics which I am not afraid of sharing, I really come here to avoid the "us against them" acrimony perpetuated on many social media platforms. I come here to learn about audio and to share my experiences what little knowledge I have.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There are wealthy Republicans and Democrats. Republicans seem to be more visible and don't try to hide in the shadows as much, but they are not the exclusive owners of doing whatever it takes to maintain and grow their wealth.

I look at things from a different perspective. I look at what is, and then try to think about what would improve things. Many others look at "fixes" and try to either discredit them or become cheerleaders. There are no simple fixes to many of our economic and societal maladies. Doing nothing or doubling down on things which haven't worked in the past will not get us where we need to be.

Healthcare is an interesting issue. Looking at the overall state of healthcare in the US I think some thing we can all agree on is that it costs more (per capita) than healthcare in other "1st world" countries and the outcomes are worse than in those same countries. So that begs the question, what can the US do to change this?

How can we reduce costs while improving outcomes. That is the goal in my opinion. A number of proposals have been put forth by progressives, but I have not seen any plans put forth by conservatives. It would be great to be able to compare the pros and cons of two (or more) comprehensive proposals. All we can do at present is look at the broken system we have and compare it to the progressive's proposals. In my opinion what we currently have sucks.

Discussing politics is not what this forum is about, and while I have views on politics which I am not afraid of sharing, I really come here to avoid the "us against them" acrimony perpetuated on many social media platforms. I come here to learn about audio and to share my experiences what little knowledge I have.
Please take this to the Steam Vent forum.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
Please take this to the Steam Vent forum.
Tell me how to move it and I will. It certainly does not belong in a discussion of whether Synergistics is a con or just "creative marketing."

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Tell me how to move it and I will. It certainly does not belong in a discussion of whether Synergistics is a con or just "creative marketing."
You can make a new thread in the Steam Vent forum where you in the first post state your position. Most of us are lout to be "political", "combative" or "offensive" outside that forum.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
You can make a new thread in the Steam Vent forum where you in the first post state your position. Most of us are lout to be "political", "combative" or "offensive" outside that forum.
Note the last paragraph of the offending reply.

Discussing politics is not what this forum is about, and while I have views on politics which I am not afraid of sharing, I really come here to avoid the "us against them" acrimony perpetuated on many social media platforms. I come here to learn about audio and to share my experiences and what little knowledge I have.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
GaltCyclotronicActuator.png

LOL when I was a kid thought that would be a great addition to a car....never did get one, tho.
It appears you are unaware of the technological marvel that is Galt's Cyclotronic Actuator. Our founder Dr. Hemholtz Diesel spent decades and millions of his own funds researching all of the Ayn Rand's works. Early on he became convinced the technology described in Atlas Shrugged was based on actual products which the inventors had only shared with Ayn Rand so that she would have inspiration for her groundbreaking work.

Dr. Diesel, after 15 years had all but given up when he received a lead from an elderly Argentinian living in Youngstown Ohio. He told of a time in his youth when Ayn Rand stopped in his village. There she met with a few men who spoke a different language, possibly German. She left with them, but returned a few days later with a leather satchel stuffed with papers.

Dr. Diesel following this lead travelled to this small village in Argentina. In speaking with the villagers he learned that a few years after Ayn Rand's visit a another group of people came looking for the people of the mountains. These men were very serious They offered a large amount of gold to see where the mountain people lived. The gold had strange markings no one had ever seen before. Dr. Diesel was able to examine one of the coins and the strange markings were Hebrew.

Once the men had seen the location they left town. One night a few weeks later there were large rumblings coming from the mountains. The next day when one of the men from the village went to check, the village of the mountain people had been destroyed. not a building was standing and no people were left. Dr. Diesel was disappointed to have reached another dead end, but he asked to be taken to the village of the mountain people.

There was nothing but overgrown rubble. As he was leaving he came across a recent washout. Amongst the rocks and broken bricks he saw a glint of what appeared to be green metal. When he investigated further it turned out to be a small strong box that was sealed. It was lighter than its bulk would suggest. He tried to open it but with the tools he and the villagers had they were unable to open the box.

Satisfied he would find no additional information in Argentina he returned to the US. Using very specialized tools he was able to open the box and found the formula for what became known as "Rearden's Metal" as well as preliminary information on the theories behind "Galt's Motor" in Ayn Rand's work.

Dr. Diesel was able to reproduce the formula for Rearden's Metal, but did not have enough information to build Galt's Motor. However he was able to combine "Galt's" theories using static electricity harvesting couple with the Casmir effect to vastly improve the performance of the internal combustion engine.

The French physicist Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot in 1824 defined the limitations of the useful work which can be accomplished in an internal combustion engine. These laws have remained inviolate for almost 200 years until now. Dr. Diesel's device called "Galt's Cyclotronic Actuator" named for the fictionalized John Galt whose real name remains unknown implements a hitherto unknown subatomic method of exciting the fuel air mixture in such a way as to triple the available energy in a given quantity of petrol. Combining the Rearden metal in very precise shapes within a particular formula of aluminum alloy it will either increase mileage or increase power depending on the pressure applied to the particular Rearden Metal inserts. The details are covered in the 37 page user's guide accompanying the product.

This device will easily retrofit into any vehicle you may have. Long haul truckers have reported savings in fuel which will pay for the device within months. They also report extra power for climbing steep grades. Nascar drivers have been installing them in their cars for that extra edge. None will comment on record because they do not want them banned.

They are now available for purchase by consumers. Your Galt's Cyclotronic Actuator will be composed of rare alloys built by hand, individually tuned and tested. Unlimited assistance will be available during the first year after purchase. A five year warranty is included. Your Galt's Cyclotronic Actuator will be professionally packaged in a velvet bag enclosed in a form fitting protective foam and double boxed to ensure it will arrive in perfect condition. Shipping is included at no additional cost to our valued customers.

Your investment required for this groundbreaking device is only $21,032 USD.

We are developing a new version which will work with Electric vehicles such as those built by Tesla, and expect to ship in the 4th quarter.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
@gene Am I understanding this right? "Ted "DindelBerry" Denney had his Attorney send to You a Court order? I do not believe he can do that. With all of the fake news being posted up on other Forums on the internet about all that can be done is say like Twiitter's site where all they do is "Lock or ban one's profile. Your the Owner of this Platform Your the Administrator, the MODS monitor your forum they can remove, ban or lock ones profile. I do not believe that unless You where to Out right Slander Ted "DingelBerry" Denney, in which you haven't that Court order has No leg to stand on.
No court order. Just a threat of litigation so far.

G

giordano

Audiophyte
Can’t we all just get along , these guys hate each other , if Gene could bury the hatchet it would actually be nice to see them collaborate and make some good content , Gene the bean counter and Ted the Bean maker

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gene,

I would seriously consider taking him up on his offer, but use the thing you have to your advantage. A vastly larger audience. Those 447 followers on Youtube he has ;-)

I called him out on Facebook as well and challenged him to a cable challenge. I was even willing to put up $10K. I laid out some pretty clear and simple guidelines. He did everything in is weasely powers to weasel out of it. He claimed we had to use his "double blind" method, but never documented it. He claimed he would put together a legal document, but never did. Then his lied and said I backed out. I didn't have your audience. If I did, I would communicate everything publicly about this challenge and commit it to lasting Internet memory on your website.

I guarantee you when he realizes he can't control the narrative, he will back out.

I also highly doubt he is doing $12Mil/year, unless he has some serious, serious debts. He may have fancy cars, but he had a rather inexpensive house out in the middle of no-where, and his facility is small and nothing to write home about.
Hmm... throw it right back at him. Like a polite reply accepting to do it in a neutral setting, with a proper DBT, conducted by an unbiased 3rd party PhD or audio engineer. Then make every weasely attempt to get out of it public.

Kinda sticking your neck out tho, and would have to be carefully worded because he'll twist it any way he can.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
@gene Getting ready to take my 2nd COVID-19 shot Gene. If you don't see me hanging around on your forum means they give me the wrong shot. :( Wish me Luck Follow AH members! It's all a conspiracy theory in my book!!:D @gene, so far so good only 13 minutes to go gotta wait15 minutes before I can leave.
My problem was the next day. The 2nd shot made me feel like I had COVID all over again and it lasted a solid 24hrs. Good luck.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Is that like Monster cable and Blue Jeans Cable? Might be interesting.
There is a name, is a monster cable still in business? They were huge and expensive. I bought too much overpriced crap from them when I first got into home theater and didn't know by better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

There is a name, is a monster cable still in business? They were huge and expensive. I bought too much overpriced crap from them when I first got into home theater and didn't know by better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I liked their expanding banana connectors. Have about 4.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Funny you mention Monster cables, lol my poor youngest Son who didn't know any better and he is umm 34 now went to BestBuy picked up a Samsung 65" Curved TV well long story short those Geek guys sold him a 200 buck HDMI Monster cable was umm 15 ft if I remember right. lol Oh he knows better now cause his older brother and I made dam sure we told him about Snake oil cables. That was about umm 6 years ago
Was the cable returned? Or, too late after purchase?

D

dBe

Audiophyte
As the new guy here I'm just curious as to why the challenge is not being accepted. In my world actions speak many more volumes than mere words.

When someone is in a life or death situation the guy that said "I got your 6, Brother" and means it is much more valuable and credible than the one that says: "No worries, they are just bluffing". Armchair warriors (the Brass), ie., those that talk a good game are much less credible than those that step up.

What would Gene gave to lose? Credibility?

Just askin'...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis