Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You used the term mDNA in your post. Please, what does that mean? Where have you seen this term used? I know what mRNA is, and I know what mitochondrial DNA is. It's usually abbreviated as mtDNA, less often as mDNA. But I don't think people mean mitochondrial DNA when they talk about vaccines.
Post #4523

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
While I partially agree with your opinion, I've found that dumbing down scientific language is not a useful solution. A very large portion of the blame for such widespread ignorance belongs to the so-called news organizations that repeatedly put intentionally misinformed ideas into their viewers' heads in the first place. In particular, I blame Faux News. Our education systems do a very poor job educating the public about science, but people largely ignorant about science can and do get along with their lives without knowing the difference between RNA and DNA.
I'm not suggesting dumbing down anything, I'm suggesting some thoughtful education material or nomenclature more understandable to the public, which may not be used in the scientific literature.

In my own case, I had forgotten everything I learned about RNA multiple decades ago, and when the mRNA vaccines became a subject of popular news stories, I actually had to read some material on RNA, and that's where I learned (well, relearned) that mRNA is just one of four types of RNA. But I think a large portion of the US public is at some level afraid of pursuing learning anything scientific on their own.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is somewhat off topic, but you have given me an excuse to post about CRISPR (CRISPR is fascinating to me)(that and delayed choice quantum eraser experiments)

Given the difficulty in implementing CRISPR in humans, the notion that the vaccines somehow do this is rather (to say the least) far-fetched. Having said that, the CRISPR experiments on humans in China give me the Willies.

While this technology can be a great boon it also, as you wrote, carries potential for abuse: The experiments China gives me the Willies too, as you put it. Apparently Dr Mengele wannabes are free to do what they want in China.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not trying to derail, but it should. The issue is nobody runs against the incumbent that isn't from an opposing party. That will have to change or voting isn't going to do much.
And they wouldn't think of taking it upon themselves to improve their terrible approval rating.

People need to stop bitching and being passive-aggressive- it's our duty to be critical of the government but as you wrote, when there's nobody running against an incumbent, NOTHING will change. Unless the incumbent decides to become worse.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm not sure what Swerd was getting at and I didn't read the article, but polls have shown partisan differences with regards to vaccine intent (e.g. article at link below). People's views on vaccines seem to be quite fluid, so it's not clear what the percentages will be in a few months. My best guess is that in a few months almost everyone except the hard core anti-vaxers will want the jab.

My impression is that there are a certain number of people who basically will not believe something unless they see it with their own eyes (so to speak). They don't take the virus seriously until someone they know gets seriously ill from it, and they won't trust the vaccine until after people they know get the jab without problems. This is just a hypothosis, I can't prove it.

I do not follow the anti-vaxer movement in any detail because it seems like a waste of time, but the big issue appears to be the (often disproven) belief that vaccines cause autism in children. Why this carries over to opposition to the COVID vaccine is a mystery to me. Do they believe adults will become autistic after getting a COVID vaccine? (that's a rhetorical question, I'm sure I could find the nutty answers doing a couple google searches)(I feel that reading wacky anti-vaxer stuff lowers my IQ because it renders me capable of imagining something that was too stupid to conceive of previously)

>>>Partisan differences, which have long characterized views about the outbreak, are increasingly seen in vaccine intent. Democrats are now 27 percentage points more likely than Republicans to say they plan to get, or have already received, a coronavirus vaccine (83% to 56%). This gap is wider than those seen at multiple points in 2020.<<<

I did read it and it really doesn't show that Trump is the reason they haven't been vaccinated- as I wrote, which is info that was in the article, that region is ahead of others WRT numbers of vaccinated people.

I can understand being skeptical of some vaccines, but prefer to see proof that something is caused by it, rather than some off the wall conspiracy theory on a website for people who already have a lot of common relatives on both sides of their family tree. That said, I'm skeptical of the info about the source- if they haven't definitively named it by now, they need to. The date of first infection and source/origin have been lied about, some info has been changed, health organizations have lied, governments are using this as a political football- I don't know how anyone can blindly go in and think "They're the government- they wouldn't hurt us". While I'm not skeptical to the point of those who are remembering the Tuskegee "tests" or Thalidomide, we have at least three different vaccines and they aren't equal, technically. Unfortunately, we haven't had the benefit of time and low infection rates to allow a slower path from starting to find a vaccine to release.

I don't think I know any anti-vaxxers, but I do remember kids who, now that I have seen info about the Autism Spectrum, fit the descriptions. We were vaccinated in grade school for Polio, TB test and others, but I had Measles, Mumps and Chicken Pox. Before they vaccinated widely for Chicken Pox, one kid would get it and the moms would organize a party so the others could get it, too. That sounds barbaric, but it was the conventional wisdom in the early-'60s. If we had anything else, we were isolated. Thinking that the COVID vaccine has a microchip seems very ignorant, especially when the supposed intent is considered. One site shows comments saying that people don't want their DNA to be altered, but I'd like to see their habits in order to find the smokers, heavy drug users, those who work with hazardous chemicals, etc. Others have said they don't want to be controlled by Bill Gates or the government, but I would say they're already being controlled by the media, so....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Yes, post #4523 was where TLS Guy used that same term. Later, in post #4528, I asked him the same question I asked you. I never saw an answer.
I'm sorry if I missed a question. mDNA and mtDNA have become interchangeable of late. The fact is that both mRNA and mDNA are genetic manipulation, but they are most certainly NOT gene splicing or in anyway change an individual's genetic code, as is required to cure genetic disease. Basically the function of these vaccine platforms is similar. mRNA is injected with a nano protective shield. It is piece of genetic code that interacts with mitochondrial DNA to make muscle cells, produce the required Covid-19 antigens to engender an immune response. This is just like any RNA virus does it work to make the cell replicate the virus.

The mDNA vaccines get carried into the cell, by a non replicating virus that the host will not likely be immune to. The result is the same. The production of the antigens for the required immune response. The presence of this genetic material in the cells is transient. At no time does any of this coded material enter the cell nucleus. So there is no possibility of any permanent genetic change.

Unfortunately our education system is so poor that only a fractionally small portion of the US population could draw a diagram of a cell and its constituents, which is a disgrace. On the other hand I think a good deal of the UK population if not most, could. This would be a standard part of exams required to graduate.

In addition news broadcasts are much more in depth and informative that ours. The BBC have highly educated and experienced medical and scientific correspondents who have gone over this in detail and well, many times. I would particularly site Fergus Walsh who has done an outstanding job in this regard, and also David Shipman.

This event really shows the importance of a sound educational system, and also the advantage of a national broadcaster, where news broadcasts are constantly interrupted by hawking of cars, banks, medecins, soap and bubbles, plus anything else you care to name.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sorry if I missed a question. mDNA and mtDNA have become interchangeable of late. The fact is that both mRNA and mDNA are genetic manipulation, but they are most certainly NOT gene splicing or in anyway change an individual's genetic code, as is required to cure genetic disease. Basically the function of these vaccine platforms is similar. mRNA is injected with a nano protective shield. It is piece of genetic code that interacts with mitochondrial DNA to make muscle cells, produce the required Covid-19 antigens to engender an immune response. This is just like any RNA virus does it work to make the cell replicate the virus.

The mDNA vaccines get carried into the cell, by a non replicating virus that the host will not likely be immune to. The result is the same. The production of the antigens for the required immune response. The presence of this genetic material in the cells is transient. At no time does any of this coded material enter the cell nucleus. So there is no possibility of any permanent genetic change.

Unfortunately our education system is so poor that only a fractionally small portion of the US population could draw a diagram of a cell and its constituents, which is a disgrace. On the other hand I think a good deal of the UK population if not most, could. This would be a standard part of exams required to graduate.

In addition news broadcasts are much more in depth and informative that ours. The BBC have highly educated and experienced medical and scientific correspondents who have gone over this in detail and well, many times. I would particularly site Fergus Walsh who has done an outstanding job in this regard, and also David Shipman.

This event really shows the importance of a sound educational system, and also the advantage of a national broadcaster, where news broadcasts are constantly interrupted by hawking of cars, banks, medecins, soap and bubbles, plus anything else you care to name.
Vaccine acceptance in the US is actually slightly higher than in the UK.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Russia, China, and Iran are making concerted efforts to undermine confidence in vaccines.

In other words, they want people in the west to refuse vaccines and die as a result.

>>>Russian state media such as RT and Sputnik News shared more than 100 stories linking the Pfizer vaccine to subsequent deaths of recipients, according to a recent report by the Alliance for Securing Democracy.

It's a phenomenon dubbed "lying through truth" by Bret Schafer, who wrote the report.

"The [social media] platforms look at an individual tweet from RT saying 23 people died in a nursing home after taking the Pfizer vaccine, and they can't do anything about it because it is technically true, while being wildly misleading," Schafer said. "That seems to be the new strategy."<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It looks like Russia, China, and Iran are making concerted efforts to undermine confidence in vaccines.

In other words, they want people in the west to refuse vaccines and die as a result.

>>>Russian state media such as RT and Sputnik News shared more than 100 stories linking the Pfizer vaccine to subsequent deaths of recipients, according to a recent report by the Alliance for Securing Democracy.

It's a phenomenon dubbed "lying through truth" by Bret Schafer, who wrote the report.

"The [social media] platforms look at an individual tweet from RT saying 23 people died in a nursing home after taking the Pfizer vaccine, and they can't do anything about it because it is technically true, while being wildly misleading," Schafer said. "That seems to be the new strategy."<<<

But China and Russia keep on vaccinating their people. 22 hours ago.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 174437.jpg

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
But China and Russia keep on vaccinating their people. 22 hours ago.
True. They believe vaccines work, but they promote the anti-vaccine agenda in the west.

The Russians have been promoting vaccine disinformation and controversy in the U.S. for some time:

>>>Conclusions. Whereas bots that spread malware and unsolicited content disseminated antivaccine messages, Russian trolls promoted discord. Accounts masquerading as legitimate users create false equivalency, eroding public consensus on vaccination.<<<

Of course, Russian efforts to promote mistrust and resentment here in the U.S. go way back:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I just got my first jab. No side effects whatsoever so far (other than the crocodile skin I’m growing which is actually pretty cool!)

highfigh

highfigh

How ironic, for China to do this......

highfigh

highfigh

I just got my first jab. No side effects whatsoever so far (other than the crocodile skin I’m growing which is actually pretty cool!)
Can you lick your eyes, like some lizards? That would REALLY be cool.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis