D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
What do you mean the drivers hit 400w at most?
No, I mean the power handling, those 3 IINFINITYs are rated rms @ 400/300/350w respectively, if choose one of them to build SEALED, how many do you think I'd need (in a 4000 cubes room at about 8ft distance)...?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, I mean the power handling, those 3 IINFINITYs are rated rms @ 400/300/350w respectively, if choose one of them to build SEALED, how many do you think I'd need (in a 4000 cubes room at about 8ft distance)...?
Trying to think of who here built four for his room, think it was similar size....my room is fairly small (1400 cuft I think).

D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
Trying to think of who here built four for his room, think it was similar size....my room is fairly small (1400 cuft I think).
BTW, what's your opinion about QWR like TL/TH (over HR like ported), read a lot about them, efficiency and response seem to be much higher in comparison...? :rolleyes:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
A lot more than if you built ported ones!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Obviously! That's why I'm now looking for some (justifiable) alternatives...
I see that. I couldn’t resist jabbing you a little bit since you’re stuck on sealed. Lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, what's your opinion about QWR like TL/TH (over HR like ported), read a lot about them, efficiency and response seem to be much higher in comparison...? :rolleyes:
Can you spell each of those abbreviations out?

D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
Can you spell each of those abbreviations out?
(BTW = By The Way ;))

QWR = Quarter Wavelength Resonator
TL/TH = Transmission Line / Tapped Horn
HR = Helmholtz Resonator

Now read... :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
(BTW = By The Way ;))

QWR = Quarter Wavelength Resonator
TL/TH = Transmission Line / Tapped Horn
HR = Helmholtz Resonator

Now read... :D
Was QWR that I was most unsure about, but no, know nothing about quarter wavelength resonators, while familiar with the terms transmission line and tapped horn haven't dived into those much let alone tried to design/build one, altho some of the transmission line designs might be interesting. Helmholtz resonators you're talking ported subs? Or an absorber? If you have the building/design skills for the more complicated designs go for it....

Last edited:
D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
Was QWR that I was most unsure about, but no, know nothing about quarter wavelength resonators, while familiar with the terms transmission line and tapped horn haven't dived into those much let alone tried to design/build one, altho some of the transmission line designs might be interesting. Helmholtz resonators you're talking ported subs? Or an absorber? If you have the building/design skills for the more complicated designs go for it....
Well, QWR in the most understandable form is an enclosure itself acts as a resonator (taking the shape of a tube where 1/3 of its length becomes the vent while the rest 2/3 being the chamber), HR on the other hand is simply a port inside of a chamber behaves just as you blow through a bottle tip (old-school science days :D).

So now thinking about a QWR as both its efficiency and response is seem to be higher than HR in most cases (since SEALED won't fulfil my room) and most importantly its group-delay is said to be lower (the reason I'm still worried about PORTED).

Update:
I know the theory but no modelling skills... :p

D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys!

I came up with something I'd call "innovative" (I don't know :rolleyes:)...

Just thought of some way to gain higher SPL out of a SEALED enclosure than by itself, check this out.

Note:
This is a direct-radiating horn for corner placement in the room.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis