Are These Finds Good Deals?

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
These popped up on my local marketplace Infinity surround pack with older yamaha receiver. Look like primus series?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
These popped up on my local marketplace Infinity surround pack with older yamaha receiver. Look like primus series?
price is nice, but you need to confirm the model/series of the Infinity speakers

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
price is nice, but you need to confirm the model/series of the Infinity speakers
Yeah I've requested model number waiting to hear back! Would they be any upgrade over the yamaha NS-50F I have now though.....

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I've requested model number waiting to hear back! Would they be any upgrade over the yamaha NS-50F I have now though.....
If it is the Primus, then for me it is more of a side move ... I would want to aim higher

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
They are the primus 250 towers and 150 bookshelves I've confirmed. Hmmmm. I offered $150, see what happens. Could potentially just on sell

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now these look very interesting. I've never even heard of the company, but these speakers look legit and they look beautiful. Acoustic Zen Adiago TL towers for $1750.

There's something about them that just really grabs me. They have ribbon tweets too. Anyone ever heard of them?
Those are the baby brothers of the Crescendos, which I would have LOVED to own if I didn't already have the T&A's.

Bootyful. o_O

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They are the primus 250 towers and 150 bookshelves I've confirmed. Hmmmm. I offered $150, see what happens. Could potentially just on sell
$150 would be worth it ... and yes you could always resale if you desire

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
$150 would be worth it ... and yes you could always resale if you desire
Waiting to hear back. Apparently someone is looking at them today, alas I cannot get to them till tomorrow afternoon. See what happens!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Waiting to hear back. Apparently someone is looking at them today, alas I cannot get to them till tomorrow afternoon. See what happens!
Are you getting the receiver too? If you don't need it maybe you can make an offer just for the speakers. Remember too, $150 is more than fair but zieglj01 did say they're more of a lateral move than an upgrade compared to what you have now. When you see Infinity keep an eye out for IL40s. Those are really good speakers and I've seen them on CL a few times for good prices. In fact all of the IL speakers are pretty good (I got a pair of IL30s for 10 bucks!), but the 50 and 60 both have powered sub sections and that always makes me a little nervous. The amp goes in one of those and you'll have fun looking for a replacement.

I like the 40s because they don't have the powered section, but they're still a 3 way speaker. I keep an active eye out for them on CL. My 30s are only 2 way, basically a giant bookshelf, but still sound really nice. I was pleasantly surprised when I got 'em home. I even went as far as to create a MultEQ file in the app just yesterday because I still pull them out and listen every once in a while.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Are you getting the receiver too? If you don't need it maybe you can make an offer just for the speakers. Remember too, $150 is more than fair but zieglj01 did say they're more of a lateral move than an upgrade compared to what you have now. When you see Infinity keep an eye out for IL40s. Those are really good speakers and I've seen them on CL a few times for good prices. In fact all of the IL speakers are pretty good (I got a pair of IL30s for 10 bucks!), but the 50 and 60 both have powered sub sections and that always makes me a little nervous. The amp goes in one of those and you'll have fun looking for a replacement.

I like the 40s because they don't have the powered section, but they're still a 3 way speaker. I keep an active eye out for them on CL. My 30s are only 2 way, basically a giant bookshelf, but still sound really nice. I was pleasantly surprised when I got 'em home. I even went as far as to create a MultEQ file in the app just yesterday because I still pull them out and listen every once in a while.
Noted! I could try undrccut a little more without receiver I'll see. I'll keep searching I think, I do like the yamaha, because although they are entry level speakers, they are not harsh in the upper end, quite laid back even at high volume. I'm wondering if I could do some small rudimentary improvements with internal damping them etc, although it's probably a fruitless exercise. I might pop a woofer out to see what's inside purely out of interest!

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
At McKays in Nashville There is a pair of Sony SS-K70Ed Speakers fo I believe $144 the pair. Look to be in good shape. I believe one of Sony's better offerings.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
At McKays in Nashville There is a pair of Sony SS-K70Ed Speakers fo I believe $144 the pair. Look to be in good shape. I believe one of Sony's better offerings.
One of the better Sony's but slightly harsh in the treble ... the Sony Core are better speakers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So what's the story on Dynaudio? When I see them up for sale the asking price is pretty much always north of $1000. These Contour S 3.4 towers are available for $2000. And why does it look like the tweeter is upside down??

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These look interesting. I don't know much about Von Schweikert but they usually go for more than $1150 for a pair of VR2s.

B&W are usually a pass, but aren't the Matrix series one of the better ones? Matrix 803 S2s for $1298 to be exact.

Lastly, these KEF Reference 2s for $395 look interesting. Are they the same shared chamber design with the woofers inside and connected by a rod as the 104/2 for the bass drivers?

00m0m_eV8083o1SPSz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So what's the story on Dynaudio? When I see them up for sale the asking price is pretty much always north of $1000. These Contour S 3.4 towers are available for $2000. And why does it look like the tweeter is upside down??

Maybe it's for people that sit on the floor. :D

Dynaudio, Scan-Speak, Audio Technology.... All part of the Skaaning family.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
The wood grain/silver finish combo on the dynaudio is....... Unique. Kinda horrible!

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

Those dyns are overpriced imo... They probably don't suck if you have monopoly money though.. The kefs are probably worth a look...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That is the way they were designed ... and use to list for around $7,800 a pair

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis