What are you watching tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Lately I've been watching some of the original Dark Shadows TV shows. Kind of slow and dated but still fairly entertaining.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I watched a documentary on a Canadian Blues Band called Downchild Blues Band. The Blues Brothers modelled themselves after the bandleader (guitarist) and his late brother (singer of the band). The song "Soul Man" was written by the Downchild Blues Band.
So Isaac Hayes and David Porter were part of the Downchild Blues Band at the time? Or is there more to the story?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So Isaac Hayes and David Porter were part of the Downchild Blues Band at the time? Or is there more to the story?
I stand corrected. I missed that. I took it context that Downchild wrote that song when they talked a out the Blues Brothers modelling their charactes after the two afore mentioned band members and that song was being played. Thanks for pointing that out.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Rented Unhinged the other night starring Russell Crowe. It was exciting here and there but it’s basically a road rage movie but very foolish how it starts. Overall I didn’t like the movie but there was good song at the end I’ve never heard before so I had to download it :).

30A84F3F-97FB-4838-97F7-91B00DC82F5A.jpg

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I actually found Unhinged to be disturbing and frightening; Crowe's character really was menacing in a way I never really experienced before, especially taking the road rage environment/element into consideration. For whatever reason, I just didn't think it had much replay value because it was so....unhinged. :p:cool:

One scene that really got me was when
he kills the divorce lawyer in the diner by smashing his face repeatedly into the table...me and my wife were like "Oh no he DIDN'T just do that...." :eek::eek::eek:

On a side note...my God, how much weight has Crowe put on? These are clearly not the Gladiator days anymore....:oops:

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
On a side note...my God, how much weight has Crowe put on? These are clearly not the Gladiator days anymore....:oops:
I wonder if he had to put the weight on for the role in the movie. That totally seems out of character for him.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder if he had to put the weight on for the role in the movie. That totally seems out of character for him.
I mentioned the EXACT same thing to my wife when we watched it -- it seems like he was supposed to put the weight on for the role, but when I brought this up in another forum, I was immediately shot down with replies like "There's no indication that it was necessary for his character to be a beer-bellied out-of-control suburban nut...." or some such language.

Who knows.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I mentioned the EXACT same thing to my wife when we watched it -- it seems like he was supposed to put the weight on for the role, but when I brought this up in another forum, I was immediately shot down with replies like "There's no indication that it was necessary for his character to be a beer-bellied out-of-control suburban nut...." or some such language.

Who knows.
Russell Crowe’s look in Unhinged seems a lot more intimidating than Russell Crowe in say a Beautiful Mind.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Probably going to catch this Monday night after I finish setting up my system in my garage.

866A0E39-043A-40F3-8034-D9F2FFFCA18A.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis