G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
NINaudio
You may be correct on the pricing but my thinking was that the Be tweeter and the AT midrange were a bit less costly than the RAAL and Accuton on the 7c and the woofers appear to be 5.25 inch verses the 7 inch on the 7c so overall the cost would be less, but since it is an SS9c you would logically think it would be more expensive.

I don't know

I do think Jim is working on something in the 2300 to 2800 dollar range using the tweeter and midrange from the Beat/Encore to pair up well with those speakers.

Glenn

G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
OK thanks Bruce
Appreciate the response

This is a real stupid question but how does it all sound?
BTW do you know what woofers those are?
Glenn

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would venture a guess that they are the 6" Satoris... nice specs on those, and looks appropriate in size to the cabinet. :)

G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Ryan

That might explain the price being over the 7c vs using the woofers from say the SongTower etc...which would be a bit cheaper.
I bet that center channel sounds awesome

Glenn

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
OK thanks Bruce
Appreciate the response

This is a real stupid question but how does it all sound?
BTW do you know what woofers those are?
Glenn
It sounds...incredible. The music reproduction is way beyond anything I've ever had. With HT, all of the dialogue is distinct and easily intelligible...previously had to use the dialogue enhance mode on the 8500.
The midrange measures about 5" and woofers about 6"

G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
Ryan if they are 6 in satoris what would your best guess be regarding the speakers frequency response?

Glenn

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
without trying to reverse engineer it, I'm going to guess mid-to-low 40s, safely... likely into the mid 30s. I would love to see the specs on this.
I will say I was wrong about the Satori 6"... I do not know what those drivers are, but the Satori 6" is speckled and has 6 screw holes.
Perhaps @Bruce53 can tell us... it IS his speaker, after all! :D

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
without trying to reverse engineer it, I'm going to guess mid-to-low 40s, safely... likely into the mid 30s. I would love to see the specs on this.
I will say I was wrong about the Satori 6"... I do not know what those drivers are, but the Satori 6" is speckled and has 6 screw holes.
Perhaps @Bruce53 can tell us... it IS his speaker, after all! :D
I do not know. At the time I ordered it, I only saw the empty box portion of the speaker. Have been learning more and more from everyone on this site. Didn't know the questions to ask on specifics; just loved the SS9.5's and knew that the SS9C would be perfectly matched to them.
Suspect that Jim will post specs on his site soon.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It is Monoprice Monolith M215 with stryofoam so vacuum won't hit it. In new home it will be properly near a corner in which there will be no regular foot traffic.
I thought it was a beer fridge for use when watching movies :D

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Jim saw one of my pics of the speakers and thinks they show too much red. He did send me pics before I received them, but wanted to show that I actually had them rather than just posting a stock photo.
But here are the photos he sent:

SS-95-burledwalnut.jpg

SS9C-burledwalnut.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. The visible side of that 9.5 is such an exemplary specimen of 4-way Book Matched Veneer. It's almost a shame to lose the bottom of that to the PR.

G

gr8eyes

Junior Audioholic
Jim has specs are up now on his site.

Frequency response 38--40,00 hz Good guess Ryan

satori tweeter
audio technica mid
SB acoustics woofers

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com