Speaker stands for heavy monitors

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
I'm looking for some 24" stands for my ATC monitors that don't cost $500 and upwards.

Anything in the affordable range with a good reputation?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm looking for some 24" stands for my ATC monitors that don't cost $500 and upwards.

Anything in the affordable range with a good reputation?
I have been happy with my Monolith Stands

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
VTI also make good stands, variety of heights, rated to support very heavy loads.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've got a couple VTI and Sanus stands and maybe a generic or two. Would be relatively easy to DIY too. $500 is just silly.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
$500 is just silly.
No doubt.
I know they are out there, but even the 185 I paid for the RF-36" VTIs might be a little high, but 32# speakers needed something sturdier than some of the stuff being advertised. They look good, can fill two of the posts with sand... they are stable; floor spikes pressed through carpet and leveled.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No doubt.
I know they are out there, but even the 185 I paid for the RF-36" VTIs might be a little high, but 32# speakers needed something sturdier than some of the stuff being advertised. They look good, can fill two of the posts with sand... they are stable; floor spikes pressed through carpet and leveled.
Yeah taller stands need a bit more "sturdiness". Now, the adjustable height stands we both have....not so good for weight :) If it's $500 a pair that's more reasonable but still more expensive than I'd pay....I'd definitely build something at that point.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've got a couple VTI and Sanus stands and maybe a generic or two. Would be relatively easy to DIY too. $500 is just silly.
I really like Sanus! I had planned to go with their SF line of stands, but they didn't have the height that I needed, so that's how I found the Monoliths (similar style). Sanus is high quality, and looks to be typically cheaper than the competition.

I have 2 of their Euro series racks, now that series looks to be discontinued, which is a real shame.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I really like these metal stools - available in a variety of colors from a variety of sites (Wayfair, Overstock, Ebay) different heights (mine are 24") for around $75 (or less!) for a pair:
8F2C9795-AADD-4267-8B27-8E792ABB0E1F.JPG

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
A few good suggestions, but in the end I spent more than I wanted. I have $3500 invested into these monitors and they're in an area that I need to move around in, plus I have kids. At over 40lbs each, they are prime for being tipped over.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A few good suggestions, but in the end I spent more than I wanted. I have $3500 invested into these monitors and they're in an area that I need to move around in, plus I have kids. At over 40lbs each, they are prime for being tipped over.
LOL!

I have my DIY BMRs on those monoliths that I rec'd. Those BMRs are probly about 35lbs each, beastly big bookshelf speakers, I probly have almost $2k of materials in them, and another 100+ hours of labor!

I thought that I would be filling those things with sand or shot, and maybe a couple small screws to permanently attach the BMRs. But, once I placed the stands and speakers, I think that is overkill. I also have a couple of dogs that get rowdy, and I'm not too concerned about them tipping, but my doggies are only ~30lbs.

But, I don't have kids either, so if the extra $ makes you sleep better at tonight, then it is $ well spent!

I have never heard an ATC, but always heard that they are well engineered high quality speakers.

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
The Monoliths were on my short list. I probably won't sleep any better, because I'm such a klutz I will probably still end up knocking them over.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You might want to get not only a stand that you can fill with sand/buckshot to make them less tippable, I also use blu-tac/museum putty between stand and speaker to keep them firmly on the stand as well....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You might want to get not only a stand that you can fill with sand/buckshot to make them less tippable, I also use blu-tac/museum putty between stand and speaker to keep them firmly on the stand as well....
The Monolith which Slipperybidness suggested can be sand filled and support up to 75 lbs.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What did you end up getting? Those Mono stands are good stands. Fill 'em with sand or shot and it'd be pretty hard to knock them over.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis