H

Huey645

Audioholic
I have to admit, I liked this show better when it was more about the protomolecule and where it might take us, rather than the plots of the last two seasons. This season looks and sounds great, but it's playing more like a soap opera than a sci-fi show. I've also heard that the last two seasons follows the books more closely, so what do I know.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Agreed. It was better when just about the protomolecule.

antne

antne

Audiophyte
I have to admit, I liked this show better when it was more about the protomolecule and where it might take us, rather than the plots of the last two seasons. This season looks and sounds great, but it's playing more like a soap opera than a sci-fi show. I've also heard that the last two seasons follows the books more closely, so what do I know.
It is technically in the "space opera" genre as some viewers and critics opine. If my eyes could handle it,, I wouldn't be so far behind in the James S.A. Corey novels.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It is technically in the "space opera" genre as some viewers and critics opine. If my eyes could handle it,, I wouldn't be so far behind in the James S.A. Corey novels.
The novels are great. I've only read the first three, but they line up with the show well, but the show does add to some things the book didn't elaborate on, and there are also different characters as well. Pretty good on their own outside the show.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I get that, and still really like the show, I just liked the show better when it was more discovery than politics, although politics has always been an underlying theme.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Finished the season last night, overall it's an enjoyable season, but do miss when it was more about the protomolecule than politics. I'm also surprised they made the terrorist so middle eastern looking in today's climate, but maybe that's the way he is written in the books. There was a pretty sad moment, although I don't want to say anything just yet. It's also too bad Bobbi got in such great shape to pretty much just sit in a chair most of the season.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Spoiler alert for those that haven't seen the final episode of season 5.

The wife and were really surprised that they killed off Alex in the last few minutes of the episode. Haven't read the books, but I guess he is still alive in them, so was really surprised they killed him off. Come to find out, there were allegations of sexual misconduct. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/expanse-handled-alex-kamal-exit-180819122.html [\spoiler]
To your spoiler comment, yes I was as shocked as you when I watched then found out why. As to it following the books, it's hit and miss. If it does follow the books, there will be much more protomolecule stuff comming next season. The last book in the series is supposed to come out around March 21.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
To your spoiler comment, yes I was as shocked as you when I watched then found out why. As to it following the books, it's hit and miss. If it does follow the books, there will be much more protomolecule stuff comming next season. The last book in the series is supposed to come out around March 21.
I've read online that Amazon is following the books more closely, but honestly, I enjoyed Scy-Fy's approach to it better. Glad to hear the protomolecule will be featured more next, and final, season. And hopefully the gang is back together.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I've read online that Amazon is following the books more closely, but honestly, I enjoyed Scy-Fy's approach to it better. Glad to hear the protomolecule will be featured more next, and final, season. And hopefully the gang is back together.
Not any spoilers, but if they do follow the books, the book fast forward in time about 50 years (People live longer due to meds) and they are still mostly apart, which is frustrating. I believe it will change in the last book.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I enjoyed the show so far; agree that the more about the protomolecule the better.
I strange thing was that I was getting Dolby Atmos for all of the shows this season, until the last one. Since then, the all reverted to 5.1

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I enjoyed the show so far; agree that the more about the protomolecule the better.
I strange thing was that I was getting Dolby Atmos for all of the shows this season, until the last one. Since then, the all reverted to 5.1
My receiver, Yamaha 2080, for some reason has been stuck showing everything as Atmos/(whatever format it is in), so I guess I didn't notice. Should do a factory reset, but everything sounds ok, so maybe a firmware upgrade will fix it, rather than me having to reset everything up again.

Yeah, definitely like when they explore the protomolecule more, the last two years have been pretty much about politics, but hoping the next and last season is more sci-fi than politics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis