Trump wants a 21 gun salute

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not to wish anyone real harm:rolleyes: , but I would laugh my ass off if I went to cnn.com some day in the near future to see that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard had adducted Trump while he was playing golf and brought him back to Iran for ordering the murder of major general Qassem Soleimani in Iraq. What goes around comes around.;)
Karma could be a biatch....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not to wish anyone real harm:rolleyes: , but I would laugh my ass off if I went to cnn.com some day in the near future to see that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard had adducted Trump while he was playing golf and brought him back to Iran for ordering the murder of major general Qassem Soleimani in Iraq. What goes around comes around.;)
That thought gives me much pleasure.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
I understand. This moron has caused me a lot of grief and angst the last 4 years. As soon as I heard the Iranian government was asking Interpol to issue an arrest warrant for him, this popped into my mind.
"That thought gives me much pleasure."
It did for me as well.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The new one is that he may want to start the Patriot Party, which would fracture the republican party into a heap-o-mess (like Malt-O-Meal, but heapier and much more messy! :p ).

We need a new word to describe this...

I propose: "Magalotard." It embraces everything he stands for in his megalomania, MAGA, and anti-political correctness.

(I also propose that, hereafter, the word, "tard," can only be attached to anything Trump, or as an addition to the word, "fcuk" (properly spelled, of course, unless endeavoring to avoid censorship :p ).) :cool:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just want to forget the last 4 years that Senior F.cktard was in office. Here's hoping that Biden can unify your country or at least patch things up that F.cktard unraveled. I know the G7 will enjoy a healthier relationship now that the poisonous ahole is no longer in charge. Here's hoping for a much better 4 years.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah, the executions takes way longer with frequent failed attempts. To be honest, it's quite barbaric.
What would you call the crimes that were committed by those who were executed, pleasant? Maybe 'friendly murder' is a better term.

People are barbaric- some people are more barbaric than others.

highfigh

highfigh

You mean 'abducted', right?

A Major General is hardly equivalent to a country's President, regardless of peoples' view of that President.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What would you call the crimes that were committed by those who were executed, pleasant? Maybe 'friendly murder' is a better term.

People are barbaric- some people are more barbaric than others.
You believe that executions should be as long and painful as possible? That is barbaric.

highfigh

highfigh

You believe that executions should be as long and painful as possible? That is barbaric.
No- never wrote anything like that or intended for anyone to infer it, but it seems that many who are against the death penalty ignore what the prisoners did. Whole families have been tortured & murdered- Timothy McVeigh blew up a building and killed more than 160 people, including children in a day care facility - what would YOU do about that? Maybe people like them should be studied......

The definition used for 'sound mind' when imposing the death penalty on someone who has been convicted of the crimes that result in the verdict is flawed- nobody with a sound mind would do anything so disgusting to their victims.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No- never wrote anything like that or intended for anyone to infer it, but it seems that many who are against the death penalty ignore what the prisoners did. Whole families have been tortured & murdered- Timothy McVeigh blew up a building and killed more than 160 people, including children in a day care facility - what would YOU do about that? Maybe people like them should be studied......

The definition used for 'sound mind' when imposing the death penalty on someone who has been convicted of the crimes that result in the verdict is flawed- nobody with a sound mind would do anything so disgusting to their victims.
While I have no sympathy for people like Timothy McVeigh, there is no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society. It has no deterrence effect. Innocent people have (and will presumably continue to be) executed. It is disproportionately applied to poor racial minorities. And, it smacks of vengeance, pure and simple. In fact, I'd rather see a guilty person go free, than have an innocent person put to death.

31 Innocent People Killed by Death Penalty Statistics - HRF (healthresearchfunding.org)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

In my post I only commented on the methods USA is using when carrying out executions, which I think is barbaric, as I wrote. That said I'm against death penality but are open for it when in a war.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
While I have no sympathy for people like Timothy McVeigh, there is no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society. It has no deterrence effect. Innocent people have (and will presumably continue to be) executed. It is disproportionately applied to poor racial minorities. And, it smacks of vengeance, pure and simple. In fact, I'd rather see a guilty person go free, than have an innocent person put to death.

31 Innocent People Killed by Death Penalty Statistics - HRF (healthresearchfunding.org)
I agree with a caveat: When at war I for sure don't want any traitors to escape conviction just because we lost the war.

highfigh

highfigh

I think incarceration and loss of freedom/rights is supposed to be the deterrent, capital punishment is supposed to make sure the person/thing who committed heinous crimes will never have a chance to do it again or be free.

Incarceration doesn't work for all, either. In Milwaukee, murders have been committed three hours after a convicted murdered was released early from prison- someone dropped the ball when they evaluated that turd. MKE just had a murder outside of a bar, where the guy got into an altercation with someone and was shot. Once he was on the ground, he was shot two or three more times. He was a known criminal (possibly a murderer)- still looking for the link.

I would never want to see innocent people put to death and that's why any capital trial needs to be inspected and combed through, to make sure no mistakes or intentional bias exists. but, what should be done with someone who kills many, or is directly responsible for many murders?

If there's no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society, why should murder and other terrible crimes have a place? While data shows that most violent crimes had been declining until last year, they still happen very frequently, without any sense of guilt on the part of the ones who commit them.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I think incarceration and loss of freedom/rights is supposed to be the deterrent, capital punishment is supposed to make sure the person/thing who committed heinous crimes will never have a chance to do it again or be free.

Incarceration doesn't work for all, either. In Milwaukee, murders have been committed three hours after a convicted murdered was released early from prison- someone dropped the ball when they evaluated that turd. MKE just had a murder outside of a bar, where the guy got into an altercation with someone and was shot. Once he was on the ground, he was shot two or three more times. He was a known criminal (possibly a murderer)- still looking for the link.

I would never want to see innocent people put to death and that's why any capital trial needs to be inspected and combed through, to make sure no mistakes or intentional bias exists. but, what should be done with someone who kills many, or is directly responsible for many murders?

If there's no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society, why should murder and other terrible crimes have a place? While data shows that most violent crimes had been declining until last year, they still happen very frequently, without any sense of guilt on the part of the ones who commit them.
1.incarceration protects society from the criminal, it is not a deterrent.

2. “ incarceration doesn’t work for all” neither does water...for all the good it does people drown.

3. you would never want to see innocent people put to death....then you should be against the death penalty because you KNOW innocent people have been put to death.

4. “If there's no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society, why should murder and other terrible crimes have a place?”

as intelligent as you are....really?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
1.incarceration protects society from the criminal, it is not a deterrent.

2. “ incarceration doesn’t work for all” neither does water...for all the good it does people drown.

3. you would never want to see innocent people put to death....then you should be against the death penalty because you KNOW innocent people have been put to death.

4. “If there's no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society, why should murder and other terrible crimes have a place?”

as intelligent as you are....really?
I couldn't have answered better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis