Trump wants a 21 gun salute

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
1.incarceration protects society from the criminal, it is not a deterrent.

2. “ incarceration doesn’t work for all” neither does water...for all the good it does people drown.

3. you would never want to see innocent people put to death....then you should be against the death penalty because you KNOW innocent people have been put to death.

4. “If there's no place for capital punishment in a modern advanced society, why should murder and other terrible crimes have a place?”

as intelligent as you are....really?
Well, if you think letting violent criminals out early is protecting people, we have different definitions of the word 'protect'. They also offer council and education in prisons but many don't bother with it because, in some cases, returning to their life outside is more lucrative and they get street cred from going to prison. Someone announced that seven inmates will be leaving with associate degrees- not a bad thing if they don't use it to further their criminal lives. Rehab need to increase/improve- many people just don't know how to live outside of the prison without getting into trouble.

Drowning in/from water is from misuse.

I'm against the flawed system that doesn't make sure people aren't put to death- if there's any doubt, they need to take more time. It's a fine line- is there any benefit from allowing someone to live after they murdered several people, or did something terrible? Do the victims and their families have any rights? Should society keep someone alive for decades when they'll never be getting out?

A good example is Jeffrey Dahmer- if his death wasn't sanctioned by the authorities, it would have been due to his preying on minorities. Another inmate was killed during the same incident.

By not dealing with the problems behind murder and other terrible crimes, those crimes will never stop. People make the choice to do things, but it's often just a reaction at the time. Milwaukee and other US cities have had many children killed in shootouts involving drug dealers and gangs- all they needed to do is go to an isolated place, but they chose to do it in residential areas. One 5 year old girl was sitting on her grandfather's lap as he read to her- why did that need to happen?

People could be so much better, but they don't seem to want to- criminal activity in some families is generational and I can give an example, based on someone who stole something from me- his dad, son and grandson all have a criminal record. Not terribly violent, but the pattern was set.

It's not that I want people to be put to death, I just want people to stop being turds.

Your perspective, is one of the reasons I don't plan to stay in Milwaukee much longer.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Well, if you think letting violent criminals out early is protecting people, we have different definitions of the word 'protect'. They also offer council and education in prisons but many don't bother with it because, in some cases, returning to their life outside is more lucrative and they get street cred from going to prison. Someone announced that seven inmates will be leaving with associate degrees- not a bad thing if they don't use it to further their criminal lives. Rehab need to increase/improve- many people just don't know how to live outside of the prison without getting into trouble.

Drowning in/from water is from misuse.

I'm against the flawed system that doesn't make sure people aren't put to death- if there's any doubt, they need to take more time. It's a fine line- is there any benefit from allowing someone to live after they murdered several people, or did something terrible? Do the victims and their families have any rights? Should society keep someone alive for decades when they'll never be getting out?

A good example is Jeffrey Dahmer- if his death wasn't sanctioned by the authorities, it would have been due to his preying on minorities. Another inmate was killed during the same incident.

By not dealing with the problems behind murder and other terrible crimes, those crimes will never stop. People make the choice to do things, but it's often just a reaction at the time. Milwaukee and other US cities have had many children killed in shootouts involving drug dealers and gangs- all they needed to do is go to an isolated place, but they chose to do it in residential areas. One 5 year old girl was sitting on her grandfather's lap as he read to her- why did that need to happen?

People could be so much better, but they don't seem to want to- criminal activity in some families is generational and I can give an example, based on someone who stole something from me- his dad, son and grandson all have a criminal record. Not terribly violent, but the pattern was set.

It's not that I want people to be put to death, I just want people to stop being turds.

Your perspective, is one of the reasons I don't plan to stay in Milwaukee much longer.
where will you go? You will never eliminate the presence of evil in the world.

who is more evil, the gang banger that shoots and kills an innocent child, or the police, prosecutors, District Attorney, judges, and politicians who knowingly target communities of color, sometimes railroading innocent people, building careers and escaping any justice if it is later determined that acted illegally?

why do stop and frisk policies target people of color?

why did the war on drugs disproportionately impact communities of color?

why was the penalty for crack cocaine disproportionate to the penalty for powder cocaine?

why was crack addiction criminalized, and opioid addiction seen as a health crisis?

why are blacks featured on the tv show Cops 90% of the time , but the people featured on the tv show Intervention 90% white?

why Iran Contra?

you seemingly know, believe, and recite every racist trope concerning crime and punishment.

You speak often of leaving Milwaukee. You believe if you change your zip code your conditions will change.

It is your heart that needs to be moved....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
where will you go? You will never eliminate the presence of evil in the world.

who is more evil, the gang banger that shoots and kills an innocent child, or the police, prosecutors, District Attorney, judges, and politicians who knowingly target communities of color, sometimes railroading innocent people, building careers and escaping any justice if it is later determined that acted illegally?

why do stop and frisk policies target people of color?

why did the war on drugs disproportionately impact communities of color?

why was the penalty for crack cocaine disproportionate to the penalty for powder cocaine?

why was crack addiction criminalized, and opioid addiction seen as a health crisis?

why are blacks featured on the tv show Cops 90% of the time , but the people featured on the tv show Intervention 90% white?

why Iran Contra?

you seemingly know, believe, and recite every racist trope concerning crime and punishment.

You speak often of leaving Milwaukee. You believe if you change your zip code your conditions will change.

It is your heart that needs to be moved....
The problem is with people- worse crimes are being committed, more frequently. I see and hear people saying the violence needs to stop after some event and people say they want it, then things return to the same ol', same ol' within a day or, sometimes, hours.

I don't know the reasons for some of your questions- I don't write laws or make policies but I would ask you- why didn't someone ask the lawmakers at the time the laws were enacted?

Where have I stated that non-Whites are worse just because they aren't White? I'll never believe that.

I think my heart is fine- I have a problem with people because of what they do and how they treat others, not because of something that makes us physically somewhat different, but makes none of us better or worse.

I want to leave because I no longer want to live in this weather, the taxes are too high, the city isn't maintained well, I don't like the way the city is run or how it treats people who need help. MKE is called the 'most segregated city in the US' and IMO, that's because of decisions by the Mayors (only four have been elected since 1948), city council and county board, which have kept people in certain parts of the city, without alternatives. Part of the problem is that nothing changes here. Oh, sure, they put up new buildings, but many aren't fully occupied- basically window dressing. I don't think the Mayor or anyone in city government travel on the freeway outside of downtown- if they do, they're not saying or doing anything about the conditions and that doesn't even get to the problems farther from the freeway, which are worse.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis