Control Hue Bulbs with Harmony Elite & Google Home

C

cassera

Audiophyte
I currently have a Harmony Elite (being shipped) and a Google Home which I will plan to use voice automation for my activities (Watch a Movie, Watch Cable e.c.t.)

I was wondering if I would be able to have my Harmony Remote and Hub automatically dim the Hue light when I tell google to "Play A Movie"

I know they have buttons on the bottom for manual control, but I was wondering if I can integrate this into an activity without having to use a Smart Things Hub.

While I'm on that topic, would I have to also use a Hue Hub, or can I just get the bulbs?

Also, I dont care as much to have the lights dim or come on when i press play or pause (i know that was an issue they made a youtube video and custom program about). More so ti just have them turn on and off at the beginning or end of an activity.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Anybody? Lol

You should check YouTube videos for setting this up, as well as the Harmony community.

The Elite and other hub-based remotes will control some lighting systems.

C

cassera

Audiophyte
You should check YouTube videos for setting this up, as well as the Harmony community.

The Elite and other hub-based remotes will control some lighting systems.
Thanks for the help?

I really liked the part when you went into detail.

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks for the help?

I really liked the part when you went into detail.

Good luck getting help if you're going to crap on people for a quick reply. It's not hard to get the product info from the manufacturer's sites- they all include something about product compatibility.

C

cassera

Audiophyte
Good luck getting help if you're going to crap on people for a quick reply. It's not hard to get the product info from the manufacturer's sites- they all include something about product compatibility.
I've been on youtube the past few days and am getting different responses.

Was it silly of me to go to a forum to try and get the answer?

highfigh

highfigh

I've been on youtube the past few days and am getting different responses.

Was it silly of me to go to a forum to try and get the answer?

go to Google and enter 'Harmony Remote lighting crontrol' in the search bar or look for the same on the Harmony site- they have Q&A from people with answers in their 'Community' and they have a device compatibility list- I think it's at or near the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis