2020 Aventage A4-A8 specs leaked

E

EBN

Audioholic
Ok so the specs has been leaked, but the screenshots are with so crappy resolution that even my grandma`s glasses wouldn`t help to see everything!

- A8 has 11 power amplifers (150w), A6 (150w) has 9 power amplifiers, rest models 7.
- A6 has 11.2 processing! A4 (110w) sadly is still limited to 7.2 (WTF Yamaha as Onkyo comes with 9.2 and Dirac Live on midrange machine), also mono sub x2 outs (boo!)
- A6 & A8 comes with Auro 3D
- ESS9007S DAC still in A4 (A1080) disappointing!
- ESS 9026 Pro + ? in A6 and 9026 Pro x2 in A8
- The most waited part YPAO i can´t see much, apart from Precision R.S.C Multipoint 3D. My eyes are seeing something about low frequency, but that could be just my brain telling me something i want to see so badly!
- The below picture says 7/3 Hdmi In/Out 8K/60hz, 4K/120hz so all connections 8K?
- DTS Virtual X is "No" and Imax Enhanced also "No" in all models.

Different model numbers for different markets:

RX-V4A = RX-V489
RX-V6A = RX-V689
RX-A2A = RX-A900
RX-A4A = RX-A1500
RX-A6A = RX-A3500
RX-A8A = RX-A4500

Last edited:
E

EBN

Audioholic
No love for Yamaha guys? Anyone going to pick one of these?

@AcuDefTechGuy you going to be swapping one of your Aventages to new one when available? Maybe bedroom system needs brought up to date! :cool:

Fingers crossed these are showed virtually next week at CES! The wait has been long and horrid. Still months ahead before available. My dealer said that these aren´t likely out before Summer here at Europe. :( Well it doesn´t hurt to save up some cash.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No love for Yamaha guys? Anyone going to pick one of these?

@AcuDefTechGuy you going to be swapping one of your Aventages to new one when available? Maybe bedroom system needs brought up to date! :cool:

Fingers crossed these are showed virtually next week at CES! The wait has been long and horrid. Still months ahead before available. My dealer said that these aren´t likely out before Summer here at Europe. :( Well it doesn´t hurt to save up some cash.
No. I have no plans to replace my current Yamaha models with the new Yamaha's because they will sound the same. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do love the 5 YEAR WARRANTY and the CLEANER rear panel.

So while Sony ES has Reduced their warranty from 5YR to 3YR, Yamaha has INCREASED their warranty from 3YR to 5YR on their Avantage models.

I hope Yamaha keep this 5YR Warranty indefinitely! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
- A8 has 11 power amplifers (150w), A6 (150w) has 9 power amplifiers, rest models 7.
- A6 has 11.2 processing! A4 (110w)
The 11Ch Power Amp inside the A8 = MSRP hike from $2200 to $3000 for the extra 2Ch amps. :D

E

EBN

Audioholic
The 11Ch Power Amp inside the A8 = MSRP hike from $2200 to $3000 for the extra 2Ch amps. :D
Yes, but people want one box solutions like Denon X6700H for living rooms. :) Denon is made in Japan and offers 13.2 processing with DTS:X Pro. Yamaha is late in the party sadly. When these are out Denon is going to introduce new models. :D

No. I have no plans to replace my current Yamaha models with the new Yamaha's because they will sound the same. :D
High Slew Rate amps makes your speakers sing like George Michael after shower, Tweaked YPAO making you feel that you have just done 5k$ worth of room treatments, Auro 3D cause it´s nice to have it if someone asks even if it doesn´t sound any better, Lots of 8k inputs/outputs just cause 8K is going to be the next thing, got to have it before neighbour! The new sexy look would make wife happier?

On a serious note hopefully the engineers have read what people look these days = better room correction! If they haven´t done anything then i see less intrest for these. Also the rumours that D&M are going with Dirac Live in few year time can easily be true as the Denon insider told us. I bet they are looking how much Onkyo/Pioneer is taking sales from them and what is the intrest generally. Audussey brought the editor app for Audussey which made it better. Every 10year Yamaha makes bigger change to whole design and this is now, they would be foolish if they haven´t done anything for YPAO. Even Gene asked this from the Yamaha rep right away. Just give us option to limit the correction up to 400-500hz, higher filter resolution and very effective subwoofer eq or more bands for manual eq. The latter is still not what people want as they looking effective auto setup like Audussey.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I do love the 5 YEAR WARRANTY and the CLEANER rear panel.

So while Sony ES has Reduced their warranty from 5YR to 3YR, Yamaha has INCREASED their warranty from 3YR to 5YR on their Avantage models.

I hope Yamaha keep this 5YR Warranty indefinitely! :D
Didn’t Yamaha have a 5 year warranty on there Advantage line any how . I know there was on mine when bought in late 2012 .

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Did Yamaha stay with the "Symmetrical" amp design on their new Flagship line?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Why is an ESS DAC "disappointing"?

E

EBN

Audioholic
Why is an ESS DAC "disappointing"?
It´s the old model they have been used since A1070. But everything around the DAC and how they are implemented is probably more important anyway. As they do big new upgrade from looks to new amplification one would have hoped to see new DAC aswell. I´m more pissed to see that the V4A doesn´t have 9.2 processing. Yamaha`s are most of time more expensive in EU and when they don´t offer similar specs as competitors, they will lose customers. If i would go with Atmos, 5.1.2 is like eating half of the cake and soon i would be looking upgrade (9.2).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, but people want one box solutions like Denon X6700H for living rooms. :) Denon is made in Japan and offers 13.2 processing with DTS:X Pro. Yamaha is late in the party sadly. When these are out Denon is going to introduce new models. :D

High Slew Rate amps makes your speakers sing like George Michael after shower, Tweaked YPAO making you feel that you have just done 5k$ worth of room treatments, Auro 3D cause it´s nice to have it if someone asks even if it doesn´t sound any better, Lots of 8k inputs/outputs just cause 8K is going to be the next thing, got to have it before neighbour! The new sexy look would make wife happier?

On a serious note hopefully the engineers have read what people look these days = better room correction! If they haven´t done anything then i see less intrest for these. Also the rumours that D&M are going with Dirac Live in few year time can easily be true as the Denon insider told us. I bet they are looking how much Onkyo/Pioneer is taking sales from them and what is the intrest generally. Audussey brought the editor app for Audussey which made it better. Every 10year Yamaha makes bigger change to whole design and this is now, they would be foolish if they haven´t done anything for YPAO. Even Gene asked this from the Yamaha rep right away. Just give us option to limit the correction up to 400-500hz, higher filter resolution and very effective subwoofer eq or more bands for manual eq. The latter is still not what people want as they looking effective auto setup like Audussey.
Well, not EVERYONE wants more amps and more features and room correction in their Pre-pro or AVR.

I actually want LESS amps, less features, and no room correction at all. :D

So I am actually concerned with putting 11CH amps inside the AVR in terms of HEAT and reliability. Maybe if the amps were high quality class-D amps, it might not cause MORE HEAT.

I hope someone would make a standalone DIRAC unit for $1,500. And then anyone could just add this standalone room correction IF THEY WANT.

As for me, I wouldn't even pay $100 for a standalone DIRAC, TRINNOV, Audyssey or any other room correction. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Didn’t Yamaha have a 5 year warranty on there Advantage line any how . I know there was on mine when bought in late 2012 .
Maybe it started out with the 5YR warranty in 2012. But I think somewhere along the line they changed to 3YR. And then now it's back to 5YR. :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Maybe it started out with the 5YR warranty in 2012. But I think somewhere along the line they changed to 3YR. And then now it's back to 5YR. :D
I do remember reading some post’s on other forum’s about only a 3 year warranty on most of there gear but it was after my 5 years ran out . And I do believe and read some ideas that it was caused by the early Advantage line haveing main processor board problems which mine eventually did aswell . None the less I’ll take a 5 year warranty anytime .

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
The Aventage Yamaha ess dac in a newer model then the akm 4458 and akm 4490 used in the newest d/m products.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The Aventage Yamaha ess dac in a newer model then the akm 4458 and akm 4490 used in the newest d/m products.
Since you touch on the topic, I would like to make a few points on DAC ICs:

People seem to have been led to believe ESS DACs are better/best for whatever reason, perhaps Oppo has something to do with the origin of such perception:D. I have the feeling that the ES9007 Yamaha has been using in the RX-AX080 models are actually the same as ES9006, just a re-numbering scheme for whatever reason. I can't prove this but if you do a deep search you will not find any info sheet on this model (9007), not even on ESS website, but you could find it mentioned in a Dec 2007 technical paper posted by a third party. It doesn't matter anyway as it is the specs that matter not the part# that could be different for a variety of non technical reasons.

The specs of the ES9006/7 and the AK4458 are very comparable. One is 5 dB better in THD+N (AK4458), and the ES9006 5 dB better in DNR. I actually would prefer the AKM because:

- based on ASR's measurements, the Sabre DACs have a what has been known as the ESS bump, a rise in IMD in a certain range of input level, and
- between 5 dB lower THD+N and 5 dB lower in DNR, in this case I would like the lower THD+N.

In most cases the differences would unlikely be audible, so take this as fyi/btw sort of comments.
One unknown remains, would that factory fire result in supply issue of the AKM chip? If so, D+M may join the ES club, but I hope they would switch to something else such as Cirrus Logic's, and TI if they can find an equivalent one that has could support all the features, and if for no other reason, it would just be change.:D

Half of my DACs are based on the Sabre chips, I like them, but I like the others too just the same.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Oh, so the RX-A4A aka RX-A1080, remains the same. Why Yamaha? It could've had atleast 9.2 or 7.2 + expandable to 9.2 via amp.

Anyways, most prolly not gonna change the RX-A1080. I just realised I have spent so much on Elac set alone. I'm done with spending in this bad market conditions.

Hope the remotes on them come with backlight atleast. That's their speciality, I don't think any other brand of reciever has this.

Yamaha made a smart move I guess, releasing the higher end models later by actually by working out the bugs in the chips inside. That will lead to lower return rate.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
The performance of allegedly buggy HDMI 2.1 chips from Panasonic Solutions is yet to be tested and established once Yamaha's firmware kicks in. That will be interesting to see. Denon&Marantz saga with HDMI 2.1 has not been fortunate so far, to say the least..., and their mother company has not come out with a permanent solution for their customers almost 4 months after the issue was widely reported by tech magazines and hundreds of dissatisfied owners. I am looking forward to see extensive testing of Yamaha by independent reviewers before paying one single cent. The first gen of HDMI 2.1 AVRs is a precarious one and I bow to Anthem and a few others who did not jump onto that train.

No one should buy a new AVR model until their pass-through reliability is proven beyond any doubt. As AVRs are usually devices that are meant to sit on our shelves minimum 5-6 years and play a hub role in home theatre, their current and future interoperability with all sorts of devices must be spot-on, unless an owner needs it purely for music and movies. There will be a myriad of HDMI 2.1 media devices coming out this and next year, from NUCs, NAS-es, PCs, all the way to monitors, TVs and projectors. TVs have limited amount of HDMI ports, so only AVR will be able to handle traffic from more devices. It would not be nice to suddenly discover a black screen or distorted moving images passing-through AVR, as it is the case with new Denons.

Here is one talk with the competition, where Phil Jones from SU alleged (13-15 min) that new Yamaha HDMI repeater chips could have the speed of 24 Gbps for uncompressed signals. For anything more than that, compression would be used. This is not a problem on its own, however some users may find themselves in a bizarre situation if their sources and sink devices are not able to encode and decode both uncompressed and compressed signals beyond the alleged speed for images at 4K120Hz 4:2:2 and beyond. Black screen would follow as entire chain needs to be consistent in signalling. For example, LG TV 9 series can only receive uncompressed signals, as they do not have compression in their EDID. So, anyone using new AVR in chain and wanting to watch video renderings or simulations faster than 24 Gbps could encounter a problem on LG TV 9 series or any TV or projector not supporting compressed signals. This is of course a niche case scenario, but worth being aware of, depending on planned usage in home theatre.

Perhaps Phil Jones just wanted to divert attention from the HDMI 2.1 fiasco of his company's receivers by poking at the competition.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Auro3d will be in the A6A and A8A models...now when the replacement for the 5100 arrives will it have Auro3d too?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Auro3d will be in the A6A and A8A models...now when the replacement for the 5100 arrives will it have Auro3d too?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
IMO, it would be shocking if the CX-A5300 doesn't have Auro3D.

E

EBN

Audioholic
IMO, it would be shocking if the CX-A5300 doesn't have Auro3D.
Of course it will have it and should get 13.2 processing for DTS:X Pro aswell if that model is postponed to 2022. Anything less would be big disappointment! Sadly RX-A8A missed this where as X6700H / SR8015 has this ability.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis