Do I need a dedicated cd player

• Thread starter DACunknownthing
  • Start date
D

DACunknownthing

Audiophyte
Hello all, new to this site so please bare with me. I am wondering if I would get good audio on cds if I kept my LG BD390 bd player, or used my old Kenwood DP-1520. Should I use this old stuff for music or buy a new bd, or cd, or combined player? It will all be connected to a Yamaha RXA3080. Thank you for any help and advice.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You would get good audio CD playback with your LG BD390, and you don't have to get a replacement. A good blu-ray player will perform better than any CD player.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're fine with the current player. It's just acting as transport and a capable one....most of the time you see chasing dedicated cd players it's for the onboard dac as they're connecting it to old analog only 2 ch gear....altho there is something to be said for old cd players as far as ease of using front panel instead of a gui via your display....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
there is something to be said for old cd players as far as ease of using front panel instead of a gui via your display....
This right here!

A dedicated CD player is more about ergonomics and ease of use than anything. I personally prefer a tray-load vs. slot-load disc drive.

BD players can be awkward to use to play a CD without a TV in the system, so a CD player can make more sense in that system.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This right here!

A dedicated CD player is more about ergonomics and ease of use than anything. I personally prefer a tray-load vs. slot-load disc drive.

BD players can be awkward to use to play a CD without a TV in the system, so a CD player can make more sense in that system.
OTOH if all you need do is play you can usually set the bd player to play a disc upon loading....but if you want to set random/repeat or a particular track, that sort of thing, you need the display IME.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis