What are you watching tonight?

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I don't know if this is the most appropriate place to drop this, but I thought I'd try an existing thread instead of making a new one. For the Audioholics Newsletter, I've managed wrangle together some recommendations from content contributors. This week's Newsletter included some picks for Christmas Movies in a new newsletter recommendation feature called...

Here are this week's recommendations. But the NL feature will live on with music, movie, game recommendations to hopefully enhance your enjoyment of your A/V systems. So, if you're not already subscribed to the Newsletter, why not subscribe today?

What Media Audioholics are Consuming
This Christmas!

Your Irregular Recommendations From Audioholics​

Yamaha AV Reciever

Gene: Christmas Vacation (Blu-ray) "We watch the movie Christmas Vacation as a yearly tradition and often quote Eddie "Shitter's full" or this is probably my favorite:

“Where do you think you’re gonna put a tree that big?” — Todd Chester
“Bend over and I’ll show ya!” — Clark Griswold"

Definitive Technology

Wayde: Die Hard (Blu-ray)
"I'm disappointed in the recent online push-back against Die Hard as a legitimate Christmas movie. It is!
Besides the Christmas theme, including a party, the decorations, there's also the subplot involving the family of John and Holly McClane, and the loss John feels. But a "Christmas movie" is really about tradition. If a viewing of Die Hard is a Christmas season tradition at your home - it's a Christmas movie!"

Definitive Technology

James: "A fun Christmas movie in the tradition in 'Gremlins' is 2015's 'Krampus,' which is about a holiday family get-together that falls under siege by Christmas-themed demons. This is a horror-comedy with very funny and grotesque monster designs and is a great antidote to all of the saccharine Hallmark Christmas movies. If you haven't seen it yet, do so; I am sure it will become a cult classic if not a traditional classic. "

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
YES! I'm with you on the Die Hard series! Most of them are Christmas movies, FTW!
ABSOLUTELY agreed, Wayde -- we always watch the original classic every Christmas Eve, so we'll watch it tonight (it takes place on the same night, though many film's stories do). ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Will be watching Wonder Woman 1984 on HBOMAX on Friday. Checked out system connections from a laptop to BD player today make sure all is well for hookup. :)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Tenet (2020)
Meh. I was expecting Doctor Strange meets Memento by all the people saying it was hard to understand and left them confused. My hamster guessed the plot 3 minutes in. The action scenes have a lot of gain and play extremely loud with lots of bass but nothing special. Should have gone straight to rental and skipped the two week waiting time when you could only purchase. Other than that it’s a fun watch that’s a like original...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Watched WW84. Love comic book movies but it was not as good as the first film to me. I watched til’ the credits rolled and finally got what I waited for and jumped off of the couch cheering. It made up for a lot.:D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched WW84. Love comic book movies but it was not as good as the first film to me. I watched til’ the credits rolled and finally got what I waited for and jumped off of the couch cheering. It made up for a lot.:D
Didn't like the first movie, although she did a great job. She is stunning. I thought she was Latin, but she is Jewish. I hope I like the new one. I'll probably get HBO max for trial just to see it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, WW1984 doesn't seem to work with Microsoft Edge browser but works with Chrome.
ps. it also works on Firefox browser, downgraded on both, of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis