Possible blown tweeter

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think I may have a blown tweeter or it’s going out. I’ve only heard it sound terrible twice. The first time I chalked it up to intentional distortion in the movie but it was only the right speaker. It’s been two weeks and I just heard it again, same as before just out of the right speaker.
Shortly after getting these speakers I accidentally lightly pushed in the soft dome tweeter but a very light suction popped it back out. I doubt that has anything to do with it but thought it was worth a mention.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Soft dome tweeters tend to be so soft that pushing on the dome doesn't cause any damage and the pole piece is directly behind, so it's not possible to push it far. They can, however, chirp at times, generally due to the crossover going too low- what tweeters and speaker system are you using? It could be the program material- can you replicate this?

T

TankTop5

Soft dome tweeters tend to be so soft that pushing on the dome doesn't cause any damage and the pole piece is directly behind, so it's not possible to push it far. They can, however, chirp at times, generally due to the crossover going too low- what tweeters and speaker system are you using? It could be the program material- can you replicate this?
Dynaudio Special 40’s... I’ll try to find the spot in the movie where they distorted. Honestly it sounded like intentional distortion in the movie but only out of the right speaker.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Dynaudio Special 40’s... I’ll try to find the spot in the movie where they distorted. Honestly it sounded like intentional distortion in the movie but only out of the right speaker.
I guess it could be a bad tweeter, but I haven't seen theirs fail and their tweeters tend to have low Fs, so my comment about that is probably moot. What source were you using?

T

TankTop5

I guess it could be a bad tweeter, but I haven't seen theirs fail and their tweeters tend to have low Fs, so my comment about that is probably moot. What source were you using?
Xbox 1 X blue ray to Marantz SR5014, my source an amp should be good. It was loud but not absurd.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If only two isolated instances in two weeks I'd tend to suspect the source more than the speaker....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis