Floor standing speakers

S

sanjay.s

Enthusiast
Hi, I am looking for a Speaker upgrade. Confused between Klipsch RP 8000 and Triangle Boria 08. Please give your views. Thanks

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do you use now? What's your budget? What other speakers have you experienced in narrowing it down to these two?

S

sanjay.s

Enthusiast
Hi, I am using Polk TSX 440T. I have listened to Klipsch 8000, Boria 08, Jamio c95 II and Kef q950. My budget is 2k. Wanted to listen to SVS prime, but not available. Problem is, listed to them in different places. Hence, unable to finalize.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Sometimes all we can do is read the audio forums and gather as much information as we can on others thoughts on the speakers were looking for. And base our decisions on those. So if you do a search on all those speakers you've listed and read the reviews sometimes that's all we have to go on. It's a lot of work but you'll notice a pattern. You'll notice that other speakers will have more reviews than others. You'll noticed you can't find reviews on some. Then you need to go with your gut feeling.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
People do seem to be talking about the triangles a lot lately. But I personally haven’t heard of them until probably this year. How your going to use them, and the room size and distance will matter too. For my room, and from what I know I would choose the rp8000. Maybe...I’m thinking they’d be more dynamic, plus the RP’s seems to have addressed what people haven’t liked about Klipsch.
On the other hand in a normal sized room, I think the triangles are worth taking a chance. They seem well made and engineered, and people are reacting very well to them. And personally, I LOVE the light oak with white baffle, while the tweed grilled just finish it off.
I guess if those are what you’ve narrowed down to, I’d pick the triangle. You mentioned listening to other triangles. How did you like them?

S

sanjay.s

Enthusiast
Thank you for the suggestions. My use is 70% music and 30% movies. One observation was, Klipsch has more Center stage presence than triangle Bora. I may be wrong as l listened to them in different places, different Setup. Boria has more details and good mid tone. I have decided to go with Boria. Will keep you posted on my experience. Thank you.

S

sanjay.s

Enthusiast
Hi,

I got the new Borea 08. I have added Marantz 7055 to Arcam 390, I see the Arcam providing good output than with Marantz amp. Disappointed adding an amp. Appreciate your views.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Hi,

I got the new Borea 08. I have added Marantz 7055 to Arcam 390, I see the Arcam providing good output than with Marantz amp. Disappointed adding an amp. Appreciate your views.
My view? You would have been better off spending that extra money on better speakers than an amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis