The one? Ultra Blue Ray Player

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
To be honest, I don't see much, of any, difference with HDR10+ content; I own a Samsung NU8000, which was 2018's premium display just before getting into the QLEDs, and, of course, it supports the format like all Samsungs. When I watch my Shining UHD Blu-ray, which boasts an HDR10+ layer, the difference between the visuals and, say, another UHD Blu with just HDR10 (leaving my Panasonic disc player's HDR Optimizer running), isn't very great to my eyes.

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe Dolby Vision is that much better as a dynamic HDR format.....
1606362095024.png

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
So does the 420 do what the 820 does at a lower price?
I dont need it for streaming as I run Apple TV 4K

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I have the Panasonic UB420 and it works great.

The only thing I see different with the 820 is it offers 7 RCA's on the back for surround sound so it could pass the signal individually rather than thru HDMI. My reciever handles this thru HDMI so I can't imagine ever using that feature.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, X700, so far great! all weekend watched Netflix a Lot! Watched 4K blu-ray movies on disc. It didn't freeze up at all fingers crossed! Oh and watched Oblivion again on 4K disc didn't freeze up!

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Ok, X700, so far great! all weekend watched Netflix a Lot! Watched 4K blu-ray movies on disc. It didn't freeze up at all fingers crossed! Oh and watched Oblivion again on 4K disc didn't freeze up!
Does it offer DV?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
It doesn't support SCAD but who cares. If I had seen this for $100 I would have bought it. I never let my Blu-ray players have access to my wifi anyway.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
So I was gonna fork over the cash for the 820 for Dolby Atmos and HDR, etc

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It doesn't support SCAD but who cares. If I had seen this for $100 I would have bought it. I never let my Blu-ray players have access to my wifi anyway.
Curious, why no wifi for the bluray players?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Curious, why no wifi for the bluray players?
I already have 15 devices on my router. I don't want to add anymore pings unless I plan to actually use the device on the internet. I do all my streaming from Roku or the TV. Never use it on a Blu-ray player.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I just bought the Sony UBP-X800M2 on Black Friday for $198. Watched a few 4K movies on it. It's a nice player. It weighs about 5 pounds more than the X700 and has a metal base inside.

It offers WAV, AAC, AIFF, MP3, FLAC, MKA, M4A, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, DVD+R DL, BD-ROM, DVD-R DL, CD-DA.

Basically, everything you could ever ask for plus wifi that I don't use on my 4K players.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
I just bought the Sony UBP-X800M2 on Black Friday for $198. Watched a few 4K movies on it. It's a nice player. It weighs about 5 pounds more than the X700 and has a metal base inside.

It offers WAV, AAC, AIFF, MP3, FLAC, MKA, M4A, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, DVD+R DL, BD-ROM, DVD-R DL, CD-DA.

Basically, everything you could ever ask for plus wifi that I don't use on my 4K players.
Dolby vision?

Atmos?

HDR+?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Dolby vision? - YES

Atmos? - YES

HDR+? - YES
Yes - see page 22 of the manual to learn how to turn on Dolby Vision. Personally, I wish it auto setup this function instead of requiring a manual setup.

p22.png

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
thats the winner for me! I picked it up a few weeks ago and I love it. Excellent machine, performs as advertised

M

MTVhike

Audioholic Intern

How does this compare with the UBP-X800? I know that the M2 supports some video features, but are there any differences in operation? Are all the audio features identical? I've only tested mine (X800) with SACDs and DVD-As and it works fine. I've never tried BluRay Audio discs, some of which have DSD format.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis