Yamaha Update today

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hello all,

Yamaha seems to have released an update today. When I accessed the menu for my 3060 it says there is a firmware update available. I am trying to get information from Yamaha before I do the update, but I'm wondering if anybody here has done it, and what it actually updates.
Thanks
Earl

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hello all,

Yamaha seems to have released an update today. When I accessed the menu for my 3060 it says there is a firmware update available. I am trying to get information from Yamaha before I do the update, but I'm wondering if anybody here has done it, and what it actually updates.
Thanks
Earl
Nothing on my end

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't seen it yet. I've been using my CX-A5100 all day.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think that's a great approach....find out what it is before bothering with it...

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Ok, I went against my better judgement and updated. The version is 2.85. Strange you didn't see it @AcuDefTechGuy. It took about 25 minutes total. I didn't notice anything different accept I had to sign into my satellite radio account again. No release notes that I could find on the Yamaha site.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a 3060 as well and used it earlier this week but didnt receive an update notice. Im going to hold off until you feel comfortable with the upgrade.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, I went against my better judgement and updated. The version is 2.85. Strange you didn't see it @AcuDefTechGuy. It took about 25 minutes total. I didn't notice anything different accept I had to sign into my satellite radio account again. No release notes that I could find on the Yamaha site.
Maybe you're just special. I haven't manually checked to see if there is a firmware. But I still have not seen any automatic notification.

I might sing some karaoke later on my RX-A3080 and see, right, @Gmoney ? :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
My update notices came today. I did the RXV681 and RXA770 today. Will do the RXA2060 later this weekend.

Edit: RXA2060 also updated.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing seems to have changed from the update that I’ve noticed yet at least. Not sure why mine showed up a couple days later than others did. Maybe they pushed out to “south Alaska”, aka Seattle, last. LOL :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Download the app on a smart phone and it will show the details. BTW- it's probably going to remove the favorites, so make sure to have a record of them. I have a WXC-50 MusicCast device and it showed the info on my phone.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Maybe you're just special. I haven't manually checked to see if there is a firmware. But I still have not seen any automatic notification.

I might sing some karaoke later on my RX-A3080 and see, right, @Gmoney ? :D
Maybe, LOL. Maybe it's working it's way across the country from west to east. I am in Az and if I remember correctly, you are in the mid west....I think. Who knows with these things.

It's been a few days since I did the upgrade, and I don't notice anything different.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe, LOL. Maybe it's working it's way across the country from west to east. I am in Az and if I remember correctly, you are in the mid west....I think. Who knows with these things.

It's been a few days since I did the upgrade, and I don't notice anything different.
I usually never notice any difference with any firmware.

And since everything seems to be working perfectly for me, I really don’t even want a firmware update anyway...unless they bother me with pop-up messages about the firmware.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

And since everything seems to be working perfectly for me, I really don’t even want a firmware update anyway...unless they bother me with pop-up messages about the firmware.
Yeah, I agree. Don't know why I did it... I think I am done with firmware updates for this model unless something is wrong and the update is supposed to fix it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well yep, got a update for my TSR-7790 doing the update right now. Nothing yet for my RX-V6A.
@little wing, Thanks for the heads up on the update!!

Last edited:
C

CliffBarnes

Audiophyte
updated firmware on TSR-7790 today - Net Radio now stuck on "Please Wait" Help!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
updated firmware on TSR-7790 today - Net Radio now stuck on "Please Wait" Help!
You may need to change the radio preferences or reset the receiver if that's not possible? Details of the firmware below:

RX-V679/RX-V779/RX-A750/RX-A850/HTR-6068/TSR-7790 Firmware Update Version 2.65
Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.
This firmware includes
  1. A switch from vTuner to airable.radio as the new internet radio service provider
  2. Stability improvement

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Do it! You must Comply with the collective! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis